Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 4/4/2011 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using EDM for a few years and I LOVE IT!!! I have acne prone skin so coverage is important to me but my skin also needs to breath. This product delivers on both counts. Even if I do have a spot EDM does not further irritate it like liquid foundations can. The intensive formula is highly pigmented, matte finish giving you full coverage but your skin still feels light. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing make up at all! It is important to moisturize well as it is with all mineral make up because you will not be happy with the results if your skin is dry and flaky. The intensive formula is recommended for photos as it does not have the "sparkle" in it that some of their other formulas have. The full size pots are very generous and lasts a long time so don't be put off that you have to pay shipping, you will still come up on top with this product! EDM has such a wide range of colors it's very difficult not to find a perfect match. The product goes on quickly and easily. It's very easy to blend all the way down into your neck and chest area to give you an even appearance. Overall I cannot fault this product.

on 6/30/2010 10:10:00 PM

Once I tried Everyday Minerals, I don't want to put anything else on my face!! I love all EM products! Concealers, Foundations, Finishing dusts, blush, eyeshadows!! I love the option of original glo, intensive, semi-matte and matte formulas as well as a great variety of colors for all skin tones. Love that the ingredients are all natural.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have sensitive, reactive skin. I have used this foundation for the past few years. I have had no problems with it. It gives good coverage. I picked it because of the ewg rating on it being safe. I have been happy with it.

I own EDM's foundations in all four formulas. I'd use them on different occasions, depending on a) the occasion and/or b) the condition of my skin.
I tend to use the Intensive formula whenever I go to a major event (Christmas party etc) or if my skin shows lots of imperfections/exess oil. The formula provides great coverage without any shine and stays on perfectly all day/night long, covering spots and hiding enlarged pores.
As with all mineral foundations powders it's important not to use too much powder; start with a smaller amount and build up to achieve the desired coverage!

on 9/27/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

If you have cool undertones and the lightest shade at the drugstore may be too dark for you, try EDM Fair. I use the intensive formula to hide the effects of cystic acne.

Everyday Minerals Intensive foundation in "Fair" is almost my HG - and it perfectly compliments my HG EDM "Walkee Talkee" blush!

If only EDM offered a liquid version, since I fear inhaling all that powder!

Also, methinks the EDM powders might be overly reflective in photos, since, even when I wear the next deeper shade (which doesn't look good with Walkee Talkee), I always look ghostly in photos. So, I started wearing Cargo Blu Ray when I know photos might be taken in order to warm up my complexion. But EDM Fair is the best match for my skin hue in real life.

Plus, EDM makes it so easy to try and find the right shades and textures for you.

on 7/12/2009 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been very happy with the original glo formula from EM, but awhile back when I was still searching for my ideal shade, I decided to throw a container of the intensive formula into my sample order. The reason I didn't really give it a thought was because I thought it would be drying to my skin, particularly after I had a negative experience with the semi matte formula. I took a chance and pulled this out when the weather started becoming warmer. I used it on its own, and even mixed it with my sunscreen lotion to make a custom tinted moisturizer, and it worked really well both ways. It is more mattifying for my now oilier face, holds up well in the warmer weather, and it does not look chalky at all. I've found my ideal summer foundation formula.

on 7/6/2009 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This brand is my favorite that I've tried to date. I've used BE,and Sheer Cover. BE made my face itch, and I could not find my exact skin match with Sheer Cover. The price is also way better then the other two I've tried. I'm sticking to this brand for now.

on 5/26/2009 2:34:00 AM

I ordered this formula on my second buy. I have to agree to many of you that this formula is very special. It gives medium coverage straight from first application (with their Flat-top brush), but it looked almost creamy-as if I had on liquid foundation. It is going to be my favourite after the semi-mate formulation

I have tried all of the EM formulas, and this is my favorite by far. I am 40 and have have dry/combo skin and rosacea, so I need at least medium coverage. The Intensive formula gives me the coverage I need with just a few shakes. I use the flat-top brush to apply, and it's perfect. The EM website has good application tips. I always lightly rub in the foundation with clean slightly-damp fingers afterwards as well, for the most natural look, then apply a finely-milled powder to set. Of the EM powders I like the kaolin the best - it controls oil and doesn't seem to dry out my cheeks (of course I apply very sparingly to dry areas).

I found the Matte formula too powdery, the Semi-matte cakey when I applied enough to get coverage, and the Original Glo too thin (more like a tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage). I was worried the Intensive would look fake, but it actually looks more natural than any of the others did because I need less. Plus I can use a concealer brush to apply this to any blemishes or areas that need more coverage, and it works as well as the concealer! This formula even mixes well with moisturizer (I use Clinique DDML) as an undereye concealer.

I find the finish of this formula also to be the most natural, as it has enough sheen to look like natural skin without being in any way dewy or shiny.

Because this formula is more intense, the color is slightly darker than in the other formulas. I can use the Beige Fairly Light in O-Glo but need the Sandy Fair in this (me: fair Mac NC/NW15).

on 4/16/2009 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this formula! Took a little trying to find the right shade, but that's ok since you can get the free sample kit. I have very oily skin and this lasts as good as anything else I have tried and spent more money on. The blushes are great, too. I don't think I'll be going back to BE unless I break out from this, in which case I will update this.

The flat top brush is WONDERFUL, ten times better than the BE brushes, so soft.

Try it!