Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 1/9/2010 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this foundation for 8 or 9 months. I have combo/oily, acne prone skin. The coverage was beautiful when first applied and covered acne scarring well, but it did not last more than 4 or 5 hours. After 9 or 10 hours (i.e., by the time I got home from work), this foundation would separate, pool and cake in spots. Blotting helped, but would remove the product, and reapplication would cake entirely too much. Other formulas did not provide the coverage I needed, that's why I used Intensive. I was loyal to EDM and stuck with their base for longer than I should have. I finally stopped using it two weeks ago for many reasons, chief among them was that I suspected it was contributing to my acne. Low and behold, after two weeks with no EDM foundation touching my skin, my major breakouts have stopped. I had been dealing with both large papules & pustules as well as small hard bumps / cysts on my jawline and under my chin (I would blend the base into my neck as well). These have amazingly and happily ceased since I stopped using this foundation. FYI I started purchasing from EDM in March, 2009 and every base I bought & used had a white lid. I can no longer purchase, support or recommend Everyday Minerals products based on my experience with the product not to mention their poor customer service practices (they have discontinued products & services after saying they wouldn't, and there is legitimate concern among many former EDM users that they change their formulations without adequate notice).

on 1/7/2008 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This formula broke me out. Semi-matte is working out better so far.

on 11/15/2007 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I originally purchased the intensive formula back before they had changed it and loved it. I would alternate between that and the matte formula. Now my full size jars are running out and I tried to place an order of the sample sizes to test new colors and the newer formula. Unfortunately I lost my password for their site and for some weird reason I couldn't get a "lost your password" option on the screen to complete my transaction. After an e-mail to CS requesting a password change I was told I could not change it due to security reasons and I would have to create a whole new e-mail account to place an order. Are you serious EDM? An email later questioning the security sense of not being able to have control of my own password that btw is directly tied to my CC# I got hold of the new formula from a friend to see if it was worth the aggravation. Um no.. the coverage was not half as good and it didn't last nearly as long. Off to the next MMU.

on 9/20/2007 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I can not recommend this foundation. It is too heavy and looks cakey. It settles into the pores and fine lines and makes me look like I am way older. I do not like this foundation or the company. Please avoid it, there are so many other companies that sell mineral foundation - this is not a good one to buy from! They have very bad customer service on top of bad products.

on 11/16/2006 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay, well sorry to be the one to disagree with everyone else but I bought this due to all the good reviews.

I have large pores and pretty oily skin that's got broken caps and some general redness with the occasional pimple. The intensive sounded like a good formulation for me. I have tried JI, BE and Alima and had mixed results. The thing that bothered me the most about EM was that after 3-4 hours the powder mixed with my skin's oils and became this hideous paste. It separated on my skin, got very shiny and looked horrible.

I am resigned to the fact that mineral makeup is not for me personally but I can wear JI without that happening. I advise buying a sample of this before you get a full size. I also used various primers underneath and nothing helped. I am now a happy devotee of EL DoubleWear and have said goodbye to my foundation search!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this as part of the sample kit in Fair, and within a minute of application, my skin started itching like crazy. I couldn't wash it off fast enough. I must be terribly allergic to one of its ingredients, because my face was covered with bright red blotches and my skin itched for hours. I'm glad not everyone has that reaction, but once was enough for me -- I won't try this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm sorry to say but I'm joining the "disappointed club". I was using EM for 2 years, loved it, was my favorite brand. I got bases, shadows, blushes, brushes and lipsticks from them and was fairly happy with everything, specially foundation and brushes. And I got so many complements for my skin! All my friends wanted to know what foundation I'm using and buy the same. Yes, I had to use a primer to keep it from patching and to apply smoothly, but that was it. But then I started to get these breakouts on my neck line, deep, painful, and they would not go away for long. I stopped using EM and they disappeared, but I would not give up on EM so easily! So sometime later I tried again, I started using EM, and breakouts came back almost immediately. And I repeated my experiment again.. There is now no doubt in my mind that they were caused by EM. And I don't know what happened, did they change the formula, or my skin just got "tired" of it.. But I don't think that is because lauroyl lysine, that ingredient is in many products (toners, eye shadows, powders) and I never got any reactions to that.

So - 5 stars if you don't get those break outs, and using a primer. But for me, it is useless now, and it's a pity.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first couple of days I used this foundation, it was wonderful.It provided great coverage for my skin however after a couple of days I noticed that my cheek areas were becoming extremely dried out which is highly unusual for my skin since I have pretty oily skin.I wanted this formula to work for me so very badly because the prices are amazing, and the coverage is good...bummer! I suggest this to someone who has extremely oily skin because this formula will dry it up..it just will not work for me :(

on 5/8/2008 2:51:00 PM

I've only bought the samples. The prices are really good. I'm not sure I will actually buy a full size, though. It's okay but the coverage isn't as "full" or creamy as I had expected it to be. It really doesn't cover at all if applied dry. I use a kabuki brush spritzed with water and apply it wet - it gives fuller coverage then. Really, the only coverage with powder mineral makeup I have ever liked was with Leza Gibbons' Sheer Cover. But you can't order that individually online so I've been searching for something comparable and less costly. Guess I'll keep looking.... :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I wish I could get behind this product like everyone else has. Iíve now tried 2 sample packs of various foundations and colors and must say I have been disappointed. I do have oily skin in the t-zone and found that this foundation started to get cakey around my nose and chin within an hour. The coverage seemed to fade very quickly as well. I will not be a repeat customer of this product. Also the sample size containers are so small it's almost impossible to get the product out. On the plus side I do commend everyday minerals on offering sample sizes Ė so we donít have to waste our money on a full size.