Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals - Intensive Formula Medium Beige

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 8/1/2006 3:20:00 PM

Not enough coverage as I had hoped, plus it 'melted' off of my face within an hour. The color I chose ('Fair') was ok, maybe a little bit too light for me; the other shades were too dark. I will just stick with my Merle Norman foundation.

on 8/7/2006 12:45:00 PM

I've been using this new Intensive line and I love it! Coverage is excellent for me. It is NOT dry and cakey it's more like a satin finish and by the end of the day my face did not turn oily it was flawless. I love this stuff! My search is over. I will continue to use this line.

on 8/7/2006 3:00:00 PM

Another winner from EM. For me, this is the best all-around foundation. It is very silky and does not accentuate pores even though I put a ton on (had a mishap all over my counter and didn't want to waste any). Love the soft, natural finish this gives while evening out my skin tone. Great staying power too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I agree that it's not perfection.(but it's pretty close) It's better than any liquid foundation I've ever used in my life. I HATE HATE HATE liquid foundation and have always felt it contributed to my breakouts. I feel so much better about just putting on these powders and not coating my face with horrible liquid foundation. This beats even my best liquid foundations by far and controls shine very well. I'll never go back, I will use this for as long as it is available. Worth every penny and terrific performance. Give it some time, try out the different formulas and colors. You should be able to find a good match for your skin type/color. UPDATE: After using this for a while I found three negatives that have caused me to move on to other mineral makeups. First, this doesn't stay matte looking through the day, it starts to look very shiny/oily by mid day and by evening, it's blotchy and some has rubbed off. Second, I started to notice that the color would turn orangey by late in the day. NOT good when you are headed to a ball game and look in the mirror to see orange all over your face. Third, I think it caused my skin to break out mildly. I can't be sure it was the makeup, but when I switched brands, my skin improved. Just a heads up. The staying power and the orangey color were a real negative for me!

on 8/18/2006 4:55:00 PM

This is by far my HG foundation! The coverage is wonderful, and it lasts all day. I recently tried it out in Texas at a flea market in 105 degree weather. Although I was sweating buckets, the foundation stayed put. All I had to do was blot the sweat off with a tissue, and I was as good as new- I could hardly believe it. Everyday Minerals has a customer for life in me.

on 8/23/2006 8:52:00 PM

First of all, the color selection is a bit lacking. I tried Fairly Light, Golden Fair, and Light and not one was even close to a match (For reference, I'm a Revlon Sand Beige, MAC C3/NC25, and Bobbi Brown Warm Sand). Both Fairly Light and Golden Fair looked chalky, and Light looked too dark and orange on me. It made my skin feel uncomfortably dry (and I have a pretty oily t-zone!) and had that mineral makeup burn you get if you start to *ahem* schvitz. And unfortunatley, one can do quite a bit of schvitzing when one works in a kitchen all day! It also sat in my pores so badly it made my skin look like an orange peel! Although I think this is more due to the added pigment in this particular formula as opposed to the product line itself. I had the same problem with Aromaleigh's Full Coverage formula. The more I use mineral makeup, the more I realize it is best to buff it on in several layers (even though this can take some time:p) instead of using a single layer of high coverage minerals. It ALWAYS looks chalky and caked on! So much for that natural mineral makeup "glow"! I'd be willing to try another formula IF I hadn't already discovered Alima's mineral makeup. This stuff just rocks! The color selection is far better! The mineral makeup itself seems to be milled more finely and DOES NOT sit in pores!On the plus side, the minerals themselves were definitely on a par with Bare Escentuals as far as quality. They are obviouisly well crafted. Not to mention samples are free (although you must pay shipping costs, which are as little as $3.50, if you go First Class mail). I also like that they offer custom kits you can put together yourself. Alima could take heed of that!

continued >>

on 8/26/2006 4:47:00 AM

The intensive has better coverage than the matte, you need to use less, and it does have a subtle sheen which makes it more believable. Semi-matte is a little too shiny for me in the day. But neither the Matte nor the Intensive are completely matte to me. I use Golden Fair Intensive as a concealer and the color works better than the MultiTasking Concealer. The coverage of Intensive is good for spot coverage and a light hand gives you a good overall foundation finish - usually 1-2 light layers is enough. I have to mix Golden Fair and Light to get a suitable match.

I love minerals and will never go back to traditional cosmetics. I did try my Stila foundations one day for the heck of it and I rushed to wash the stuff off as my face felt like it was suffocating... Maybe I'll do that from time to time just to remind myself how indispensible MMU is to me!

So far EM is my favorite MMU - I loved ALIMA for their finish and their CS but for some reason the Alima foundation made my skin flake - I just can't explain it.

I have tried all the other formulas, except the Glo since my skin is oily/combination and this is hands down my FAVORITE!!! I love that it helps to conceal imperfections well, especially paired with the EM Premium Foundation brush, and lasts through humid, 100 degree weather. I don't really notice it being that much heavier than the Matte, but when compared to the Semi Matte, it definitely lasts longer and you don't need quite as much. What I loved about it is they have added two all natural ingredients, Allantoin which is a safe and effective antioxidant and also Phyllanthus Emblica (Indian Gooseberry) which is also supposed to be age defying. As far as finish goes, it has hardly any sparkle since it is advertised as being in between the Semi-Matte and Matte formulas which I think looks very natural. It is good for ALL skin types, not just the oily prone, which is another plus. If you do have oiler than normal skin though, I would recommend "priming" with the Finishing Dust in those areas, then topping off the foundation with the Dust as well to lock it in even more. Overall, very pleased with this new formula and will definitely buy again and again.

on 9/3/2006 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had been wearing EDM matte formula for over a month and I honestly thought it couldn't get any better - I was wrong! I am simply blown away by this makeup - again! The intensive formula has all of the great qualities of the matte formula only better! The coverage is fuller than the matte formula and the staying power is better! I am thrilled with this formula and so glad the team at EDM created it. So far I have been more than pleased with all of their products I have tried. The prices are so reasonable that I'm able to try a whole bunch of things without breaking the bank! Intensive formula is an excellent foundation! I am very pleased.

Works really well. I switch between this & L'Oreal mineral foundation. Found that I love both. Coverage & colors are great. Love the price too. Great product, would repurchase.