Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 7/8/2010 2:13:00 PM

Everyday Minerals Pressed Power in Medium Beige. I was excited to get me new pressed powder as I love mineral makeup and wanted to try the pressed version, The packaging is nice.

I stoked the brush in the compact and it was very messy. The color is a good match in the compact but when I put it on my face it was gross. It looked like I put dirt on my face. It made my pores look bigger and my face brokeout from it. Worth a try, Will stick with my Senna MM

on 4/18/2008 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

UPDATE 4/28/08: I had to stop using the Intensive formula because it made my face breakout along my cheeks and chin. The Matte formula was also way too strong; the semi-matte also felt heavy on my skin and didn't last as long as I thought it would throughout the evening that I wore it. I tried the Original Glo and while it felt comfortable on my skin, it was very light coverage and I thought it emphasized my pores too much. It also made even small lines more obvious. Coupled with the fact that I still couldn't find the right color match, this is not a product that I would buy again. I was hoping that the mineral powder would work and the price was certainly an incentive, but the prospect of having to mix shades to get the right color for my skin is too time-consuming and cumbersome for me. I liked their blushes and the powder concealer works very well. Their synthetic brushes are very soft and I've enjoyed using them and will continue to use their brushes. (In fact, I tried their long handled Kabuki brush to apply the Amazing Cosmetics Mineral Powder and got a gorgeous look). But I'm sticking to my Amazing Cosmetics' Velvet Powder (Loose) in Ultralight which has the right color for my skin, gorgeous texture, can be used from Sheer to Full Coverage and doesn't make my skin breakout. So, I've downgraded my rating to 1 Lippie because of the high risk of skin eruptions and breakouts with this product.

OLD REVIEW (NOW UPDATED ABOVE:) I have been a faithful user of Amazing Cosmetics' Velvet Powder mineral makup in Ultralight for the last couple of years. But at $30.00 a jar, I was looking for a less expensive alternative. I learned about Everyday Minerals while looking on Ebay for other mineral makeups to try and then found this website (which has been a Godsend of information). I just received my sample kit with the Intensive version of the mineral powder in Fairly Light and just love it. A little goes a long way. I have to normally use much more of the Amazing Cosmetics Velvet powder to get the coverage I want. This stuff covers much more and with much less powder and I was amazed at the buttery soft, creamy finish I got. And the color looks gorgeous on, only I'm not sure about it yet: my skin only better. I used their new long handle Kabuki brush to apply it and was impressed at how soft the brush was. I've been wearing this powder all day and it hasn't budged. I even tried the Multi-Tasking Concealer and was very impressed with the undereye circle coverage and it also covered remnants of past blemishes quite well (and one pimple as well). I never thought that a powdered concealer could ever take the place of a liquid or creamy concealer. I had been using the Amazing Cosmetics concealer which is quite long lasting and covers well. It's great to know that I have this alternative, too.

I had already tried the Matte version and it was just too strong and drying for my sensitive, combination (normal/oily/dry) skin. I've heard that it's possible to wear more than one color so I've ordered a couple more to experiment with. I'll update with further news.

on 2/9/2008 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Of all the formulas, I like intense the best. I have dry cheeks & oily T-zone, in fact, if I don't blot in 3 hours, a fly cannot land on my forehead, lol. Intense formulation seems to work on both areas. I used their flat brush, & pick up the smallest amount, then tapped to get off the excess before buffing it on. Currently I am using Light in the Golden category, (NC30-40) and so fat its a good match. Repeating the procedure will not give a masky but a more polished look. I did that at a 10 minute interval. It lasted a good 6 hours, and no color change. This product is amazing, and since its a sample, its free. Between this and the $95 Cle de Peau powder compact, its a toss up. Although each give a different effect, I guess it depends on which side of the bed I got out that day. I already ordered different colors but mostly will be Intense, original glo will be OK by now but coming in summer, I will look like a tin man when mixed with oil & perspiration.
btw, How many of you know that you are putting rust on your face? I am hoping to see a lot of hands .........
OMG- try mixing this with a bit of silicone primer (Smashbox, Orchid Gel) in your palm before putting it on your face. I have already use an empty eye cream jar & pre-mix 1 oz. beforehand. Tell me what you think!!!

on 2/2/2008 11:09:00 PM

I also tried this mineral makeup after reading all the positive reviews. I had tried BE twice before and had to discontinue both times due to cystic acne. I ordered the EM in a sample kit and was lucky enough to find my color right away. Beige Natural Buff. I absolutely love this makeup. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now. It lasts all day and I am happy to report have had no new breakouts. My skin has never looked better. I have found my HG makeup. I find the company ships fast and arrives after only a few days.

I tried to love this but I just couldn't. Great price, great color because I can mix several to color match my skin tone (no easy task). But at the end of the day, I'm just a shiny mess. I don't have oily skin, but this is just horrid.

on 9/22/2006 5:57:00 PM

I usually use Jane Iredale, but I tried this and love it. I get the same coverage and this foundation costs alot less. I use JI in warm silk and EM in fairly light.