Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals - Intensive Formula Medium Beige

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 7/8/2010 2:13:00 PM

Everyday Minerals Pressed Power in Medium Beige. I was excited to get me new pressed powder as I love mineral makeup and wanted to try the pressed version, The packaging is nice.

I stoked the brush in the compact and it was very messy. The color is a good match in the compact but when I put it on my face it was gross. It looked like I put dirt on my face. It made my pores look bigger and my face brokeout from it. Worth a try, Will stick with my Senna MM

I ordered several sample sizes from this line. The foundation didn't work for me. It emphasized my pores and wrinkles and turned orange on me. I wasn't happy with the blushes either though the weekend getaway is a lovely color it just sits on my skin looking pretty dull. I kind of like the lavender concealer but still think it's nothing to write home about. I wish these products would work for me. Maybe people with fairly large pores don't do well with mineral makeup. I tend to do well with compact powder foundations. I like Lancome dual finish, Clinique the one in green that's not the almost makeup [ sorry I'm down to the last and the rest of the packaging is gone] and one I recently tried because of the reviews here Maybelline Pure Stay. Thanks everyone for the reviews. Keep em coming!

on 2/7/2010 4:15:00 PM

I have a hard time with mineral foundations now; wore them for years but now that I'm in my 50's they tend to dry my skin out. I've never liked the really glowy stuff and the matte or semi matte stuff usually does not cover as well. And these days the glowy stuff is not friendly to wrinkles! So after sampling I ended up with FAWN which is a damned good match, it covers anything very well, not irritations and is matte but not dead flat, which is perfect.

on 10/26/2009 1:20:00 PM

I love this brand of mineral makeup! Their sample packs are fun, inexpensive, and a great way to find your foundation shade as they have a heap of color choices with very subtle shade differences.

This product in the intensive formula covers ruddy areas quite well, it looks natural, and feels comfortable on my face unlike some other brands that cause a bit of itchiness, especially during humid months. I can't remember the last time I used liquid foundation!

If I have any beef at all, it would only be with the website - every time I go there to make another purchase, even though I am a returning customer I have to start all over with another new password, etc. Aside from that pesky issue, Everyday Minerals is a nice discovery.

on 5/10/2009 4:22:00 AM

I have used EDM for about six months. It doesn't change color on me, but it doesn't always stay put either. In the summer in FL, which is most of the year, if I go out side for long periods, I get greasy and have to apply powder to matte down my skin. That's even over a primer.
I love the way it blends and the fact that you can mix several colors to match your skin as it changes through out the year. Many mineral companies are recommending that anyway. I do think it is harder to blend and it possibly contributes to break outs if I don't wash my brush often - at least 1-2 times a week. The flat top brush they sell applies it well, but dries very slowly after being washed. All their brushes are made with bamboo handles, synthetic fibers and are very soft and rarely shed.

on 3/13/2009 2:52:00 PM

This formula made me break out around my nose and chin. I dont know why, the other edm foundation formulas did not. It is also quite difficult to apply without getting the "masky" look, but as long as you are aware of that you just modify the application. The shades in intensive formula also run darker than in the other formulas, and this is NOT only due to the difference in how opaque it is. Period.

on 12/4/2008 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like EDM I feel that it gives better coverage than bare minerals(which I also like but do not like having to "build" coverage when I am in a hurry)
I had to face facts my skin is not crystal clear perfect luminous wonderful--But with one buffed on application of the Intensive(usually in a med or light tan shade--I have a few and I tend to tan in the summer )and a few dabs of the spring concealer or a med concealer I look pretty close to that good skin we all want--
I do not find that it "gives" me acne of any kind--(I have it but I don't think this makeup in any way causes it I have gone to Mario Badescu and that is seeming to help clear up my cystic spots pretty well but I think mine are more hormonal so I am needing to wait another 3 weeks to be sure!)
Anyway for me this is a good foundation and I love that you can order the samples for just the cost of shipping to see what works for you--
It's a great way to make sure
good product good company

on 10/11/2008 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using mineral foundation for a few years, I truly wanted to love this product because I heard so many wonderful comments about Everyday Minerals.

On general terms Everyday Minerals is an exceptional company. They offer free samples which is a huge bonus. They have a super color selection. They also offer several different finishes: Intensive, Matte, Semi-matte, & Original Glow. The company fills the huge void that other mineral companies have dropped the ball on.

On specific terms relating to only my experience. The minerals applied easy. The color stayed true. The huge downside is I couldn't get the coverage that I'm used to from my other mineral foundations. I tried all of Everyday foundation finishes and none of them worked on me.

on 8/5/2008 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Intensive was the first foundation formula that I purchased from EDM several years ago. I had to see what the hype about mineral foundation was. People claimed this was better & cheaper than BE. The coverage wasn't as good as the pressed powder foundation I'd been using but it worked... until the weather turned warmer and my T-zone started to shine through in less than an hour. I switched to the matte formula (dried out my skin) before I gave up altogether.

on 8/4/2008 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I stumbled upon this line after trying BE (too cakey and shiny for me), L'Oreal Bare Naturale (a good product with great coverage, but just a hair too dark, even in the lightest shade), and a couple of other mineral products. I'm so glad I found it! I use the very lightest cool shade, and it is a perfect match for me. At first, I used the Matte formula, and I liked it very well -- but, once the heat and humidity of summer kicked in, I thought it was time to get out the heavy artillery, and I sampled the Intensive formula. It's perfect! It wears really well, even through the worst of the hot weather, and it doesn't get cakey or streaky (unless I'm doing a huge amount of sweating, and really, what makeup can withstand that?). I like the wide, flat container, too -- having that much lid space makes it much easier to work with, and I sometimes use the lid to blend a bit of the Matte in with the Intensive. I found that applying this with a brush was sort of hit-or-miss -- sometimes it applied unevenly, or at least it looked like that, with a few spots on my face that didn't get the coverage they needed. But I remedied that by applying it with a flocked sponge -- I just pick up a bit of the minerals on the sponge and pat it on my face, then I use the sponge to blend it in. That way, if I have to go over any spots because I need a bit more coverage (around my nose, or under my eyes), it's simple to do. I can also adjust the coverage, just by using a heavier or lighter hand with the sponge.

So, across the board, a positive experience with this product and this brand. The sample kits are easy and priced right, there are always great deals (usually full-sized items), and they have plenty of options. I'm sticking with this foundation!