Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 3/18/2011 5:00:00 AM

Well it's time for EDM and I to part company. I've been using EDM foundation for many years 5+ and was sure I would never use anything else. It went on smooth, lasted all day, didn't look like I was wearing makeup, no caking, perfect. I liked all the foundation formulations too (apart from pressed) and used them for different looks (o'glow for a natural look, semi for work, matte for evening and intensive in the summer etc). I stocked up (took advantage of the bulk buy discounts so I have not had to reorder since they changed their ingredients.
So I ran out and ordered another lot, and to my horror it's completely different! It goes on evenly but looks like a mask (bought all the formulations, even o'glow looks fake) and then after about an hour it goes caking and blotchy and I can see patches, especially on my nose, where the makeup kind of congeals, yuk. I tried using primers and finishing powders to prevent this but to no avail.
I emailed EDM asking if they still had any old stock or if they would consider making a batch [as I know from this forum and elsewhere that many of you don't like the new formulation with lauroyl lysine] but they never replied (not surprising given their customer service!). So I felt I should share this experience as I think many readers may purchase EDM based on reviews of the old foundation - which was awesome.
I've moved on Silk Naturals which hasn't been around as long as EDM and is (so far) very good indeed. Can't get a good colour match from any others e.g. Lily Lolo so this was the obvious choice. I used EDM golden medium in winter and olive medium in summer so need yellow and green undertones).
I hope this helps!

on 11/18/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has been my HG foundation since late 2007. I discovered it via a recommendation from my peeps @ Acne.org and I have been a huge fan ever since. The coverage is buildable and superb and my skin loves the formula. I have had zero breakouts from this product. I love the new containers with the sifters - it helps to keep the product in place with less mess. Apply this with a flat top foundation brush and VIOLA! perfection!!!!

on 12/7/2009 8:25:00 PM

The intensive formula gave me a lot of bumps (I don't have a better word to describe them) that I had never had before it took almost a month to clear up I won't ever touch this stuff again not even with a stick.

on 8/20/2009 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love the intensive formula as I can use this in the Summer ('cause the color is a bit more intensive and I use the Semi-matte formula in the Winter time).
It gives good coverage, but also makes your skin look healthy.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I've been using it for about 3 years now.
I have very oily skin, not a whole lot of other 'problems' to cover though. Occasionally I will get a pimple around that time of the month, but nothing really serious.
I do get kind of red and blotchy though and this makeup really helps that. My skin is sensitive and I get no clogged pores, no itchy feeling like with Bare E. and my skin feels good - not gunked up.
My pores are also rather large and this foundation really minimizes that for me as well.
I love the price also!

***One caveat - I find that powder minerals tend to be a bit messy. That is the only real issue I have with it.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have been using everyday minerals in winged butter intensive for a few weeks and I do think its one of the best mineral makeups out there.
With that said it still doesn't control oily skin as well as I would like and I would give it a 5 star if it made me look a bit more pore-less. I finish this off with a Kaolin powder that I mix myself and that is what finally gives me the pore-less look, but kaolin clay is not the best oil absorber.
I did try their finishing powder but it didn't fill my pores and fine lines as well as the kaolin clay does.

on 5/18/2009 10:24:00 PM

I actually really like the product, however, I have found their website very difficult to deal with. As a return customer, their login process is circuitous and essentially won't let you in. I've sent several e-mails asking for assistance, but get no replies, so their customer service sucks. That said, if they make it that hard to buy the product and won't reply to someone begging for help to purchase, they can go frick off.

on 2/28/2009 8:50:00 PM

After trying many different brands, I am back to Everyday minerals. The difference this time is I found a perfect match to my skin. Always being typed as a very pale/fair cool, I would have never guessed that golden fair would blend in flawlessly. Ordered a sample on a lark. Anyway, I really like the intensive. It covers beautifully, lasts a long time and is easy to touchup when needed. I have not had any caking problems like I had with liquids. Surprisingly, the intensive formula is not at all drying on my skin (I found the semi-matte to be a little drying, though). I might try the orginial formula as a mini next order, just to see how that one sets. I am keeping my fingers cross - no break out yet! Hopefully, my search for good base is over - Everyday minerals seems to meet my needs.

on 2/11/2009 4:38:00 PM

Great product and easy to deal with company. Did not emphasize textural flaws, like so many minerals do. EDM makes it very easy to try their products with a generous sampler package, that will last for weeks, giving you ample time to judge performance, color etc. This outperforms many high-end brands (Iredale for ex) and is way better than the current ds fare at a very competative price.

This made my skin break out so I am not a fan!
I tried it again in case it was something else, but within a day of wearing it - BANG...my face reacted.

Would not recommend for anyone with sensitive skin, although the coverage was fantastic.