Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals - Intensive Formula Medium Beige

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product isn't what I need any more, my skin has improved dramatically since I've started using Everyday Minerals (hard to say if it was because of changes in diet, other skin care regimens, the makeup or the combination). Basically, now that I don't have red blemishes to cover any more or "bad skin days" this just makes my skin look too cakey and chalky, it was excellent for when I needed it - the slightly chalkiness beat looking completely horrible and broken out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm sorry to say but I'm joining the "disappointed club". I was using EM for 2 years, loved it, was my favorite brand. I got bases, shadows, blushes, brushes and lipsticks from them and was fairly happy with everything, specially foundation and brushes. And I got so many complements for my skin! All my friends wanted to know what foundation I'm using and buy the same. Yes, I had to use a primer to keep it from patching and to apply smoothly, but that was it. But then I started to get these breakouts on my neck line, deep, painful, and they would not go away for long. I stopped using EM and they disappeared, but I would not give up on EM so easily! So sometime later I tried again, I started using EM, and breakouts came back almost immediately. And I repeated my experiment again.. There is now no doubt in my mind that they were caused by EM. And I don't know what happened, did they change the formula, or my skin just got "tired" of it.. But I don't think that is because lauroyl lysine, that ingredient is in many products (toners, eye shadows, powders) and I never got any reactions to that.

So - 5 stars if you don't get those break outs, and using a primer. But for me, it is useless now, and it's a pity.

on 4/4/2011 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using EDM for a few years and I LOVE IT!!! I have acne prone skin so coverage is important to me but my skin also needs to breath. This product delivers on both counts. Even if I do have a spot EDM does not further irritate it like liquid foundations can. The intensive formula is highly pigmented, matte finish giving you full coverage but your skin still feels light. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing make up at all! It is important to moisturize well as it is with all mineral make up because you will not be happy with the results if your skin is dry and flaky. The intensive formula is recommended for photos as it does not have the "sparkle" in it that some of their other formulas have. The full size pots are very generous and lasts a long time so don't be put off that you have to pay shipping, you will still come up on top with this product! EDM has such a wide range of colors it's very difficult not to find a perfect match. The product goes on quickly and easily. It's very easy to blend all the way down into your neck and chest area to give you an even appearance. Overall I cannot fault this product.

on 8/15/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this product. This product became an alternative for me when I found out that I had a horrible allergic reaction to the Bare Minerals foundation that contains Bismuth Oxychloride. I've used EDM for a few years now and I am very pleased. It gives me great coverage, it's light, and it works very well with my super oily skin. It doesn't break me out or make me itch either which was a terrible problem that I had with the Bare Minerals regular foundation. I was a little worried when EDM started using Lauroyl Lysine in their products but I have to say that even that didn't break me out and I get the same beautiful coverage that I always have with EDM intensive foundation. I like the new packaging as well..the half sifter with twist top so I can control how much or how little I want of the product at any given time. I also like the price. Though now that Bare Escentuals makes a matte foundation without the bismuth and it doesn't react to my skin and I do use it, I still keep my EDM around and just rotate the two. They both give great coverage..but come on.. you can't beat 12 bucks compared to 28. LOL! So EDM definitely beats out the Bare Minerals Matte as far as price is concerned hands down.

on 6/30/2010 10:10:00 PM

Once I tried Everyday Minerals, I don't want to put anything else on my face!! I love all EM products! Concealers, Foundations, Finishing dusts, blush, eyeshadows!! I love the option of original glo, intensive, semi-matte and matte formulas as well as a great variety of colors for all skin tones. Love that the ingredients are all natural.

Can somebody help me out? I wanna love this I bought a full size and I love the coverage. It just seems to me it does not last long. I have been using EM foundation for a while now and no breakouts acutally I have not had one since I started using it. And I get cystic acne! Anyway still will repurchase but I need it to last a little longer on me and the matte makes me look dull. I have oily skin in the nose and forehead normal to dry in the rest of my face!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have sensitive, reactive skin. I have used this foundation for the past few years. I have had no problems with it. It gives good coverage. I picked it because of the ewg rating on it being safe. I have been happy with it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is great for me! I have dry/normal skin, and this does not dry my skin (I MUST remember to moisturize first!). This formula is supposed to be good for all skin types. It is also matte which I prefer, and also therefore I do not use original glo (too shiny).
With a little foundation at a time, you can build up the coverage you want. I just like to "even out" my skin, not hide it - look like I have been "photoshopped" in real life :D

(I have tried the new foundation with Lauroyl Lysine in it. And I cannot see or feel any difference)

(I like this much better than Tikei's mineral foundation which itches and my skin looks more wrinklier than it really is.)

on 1/9/2010 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this foundation for 8 or 9 months. I have combo/oily, acne prone skin. The coverage was beautiful when first applied and covered acne scarring well, but it did not last more than 4 or 5 hours. After 9 or 10 hours (i.e., by the time I got home from work), this foundation would separate, pool and cake in spots. Blotting helped, but would remove the product, and reapplication would cake entirely too much. Other formulas did not provide the coverage I needed, that's why I used Intensive. I was loyal to EDM and stuck with their base for longer than I should have. I finally stopped using it two weeks ago for many reasons, chief among them was that I suspected it was contributing to my acne. Low and behold, after two weeks with no EDM foundation touching my skin, my major breakouts have stopped. I had been dealing with both large papules & pustules as well as small hard bumps / cysts on my jawline and under my chin (I would blend the base into my neck as well). These have amazingly and happily ceased since I stopped using this foundation. FYI I started purchasing from EDM in March, 2009 and every base I bought & used had a white lid. I can no longer purchase, support or recommend Everyday Minerals products based on my experience with the product not to mention their poor customer service practices (they have discontinued products & services after saying they wouldn't, and there is legitimate concern among many former EDM users that they change their formulations without adequate notice).

I own EDM's foundations in all four formulas. I'd use them on different occasions, depending on a) the occasion and/or b) the condition of my skin.
I tend to use the Intensive formula whenever I go to a major event (Christmas party etc) or if my skin shows lots of imperfections/exess oil. The formula provides great coverage without any shine and stays on perfectly all day/night long, covering spots and hiding enlarged pores.
As with all mineral foundations powders it's important not to use too much powder; start with a smaller amount and build up to achieve the desired coverage!