Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 11/15/2011 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I heard alot of good thing about this, but it dosent have good coverage at all... I use a kabuki brush with it but it dosent cover anything and it looks dry on my, like I dont have anything glow in my face.. I have tried the other formulas too.

My face is combination, with red cheeks and oily t-sone and some few spots. really ennoying because this is a alternative too the bare minerals one.

I don't use Mineral foundation anymore but, this is a great one. I think this is better then Bare Minerals by far. It has great converage and it's stay power is better. If anyone asked me to recommend a mineral fondation this would be it. Is is smooth and makes your skin look flawless but real. You can't tell you have foundation on.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

A bit more detailed description of my skin: I've got surface dry yet oily skin. I've got enlarged pores on my cheeks, the evenness of my skin color depends on how well I've cared for it, I usually have redness on my cheeks and chin, and I do break out but mostly for hormonal reasons. My skin is a bit sensitive.

I've used semi-matte, matte and intensive bases. All of them have worked with me though intensive is something I use when my skin is in good condition and I need the extra shine/blemish control. Excellent for summers, as my skin is in it's best condition and the weather is quite hot and humid. Though, I have used the intensive when my skin has been the most flakiest and driest but it's not something I normally prefer. Semi-matte/matte are for those occasions because of the lighter feeling it gives for my face.

It's kinda funny how well the intensive and well, all the other bases too, hide all the flakes and signs of dryness even though they are powders. Creams and liquids won't work with me when the surface of my skin is just too damn dry yet these work as a charm and they don't leave my skin look ashy either. With this formula though, you gotta be even more careful to not overdo the application. You don't need that much foundation and the drier your skin is the less buffing is better. If you use too much or over buff it, it gives you that odd waxy/shiny look and makes the dryness of your skin show. Also I've noticed I need a primer or some sort of finishing powder to conceal my pores as all these formulas tend to show them more prominently.

The price is right for the amount/quality vs. all the other products available in my country.

on 7/13/2011 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a too dark/olive shade for my winter nc35 skin but i just mix half with half of the matte EM base I have and it gives a great coverage for a powder! seriously, i didn't think a powder could cover quite so much of my pimples, acne scars and skin pigmentation. I moisturised really well with a moisturising primer, then & applied with the EM flat top kabuki. I really enjoy buffing this into my skin. It creates a flawless base. I then the EM concealer brush to pat on some of the EM intensive concealer (this doesn't cover that well, but then again its just another layer of powder over trouble spots. I finish with the EM finshing veil. I highly rec that product to give the face a natural soft focus finish. Spritz with a littel bit of aveene thermal spring water to set mu & i;m done. Seriously this covers & evens my complexion as well as liquid foundation. It also wears better so that at the end of the day my makeup still looks a heap better than liquid foundation. Highly rec Everday minerals, particualry the intensive base for oily/acne prone skin for some serious duty coverage.

on 7/13/2011 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a MUST for people who have Rosacea like me. My skin was irritated and getting bumps from liquid foundations, even the Oil-free ones, and I was at my wit's end when I stumbled upon Everyday Minerals. I got the free + shipping trial pack and found my HG match in the Intensive formula. The other formulas don't give me enough coverage on my cheeks, which are very prone to redness and being rash-y looking. The intensive formula covers up my redness 95% of the way, which is amazing. It even gives better coverage than liquid foundation does, but feels very light on, I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask at all, which is how liquid foundation felt on me. I apply it to the top of my cheeks and alone the planes of my face with a blush brush-Ecotools- and then I put some more on my Ecotools mini kabuki brush and buff it out along the edges of my face and my outer cheeks.

The only con I'd say is that it can give a powdery appearance to the top of your skin if you have very dry skin like me. I usually have to wear lotion underneath to stop this and it works most of the time. To be honest, the coverage I get from this more than makes up for the slightly dry effect it makes.

Anyway, I'm NC15-20 in Mac, Revlon Colorstay "Buff" and in EDM wear "Fair" in Winter and "Fairly Light" in Spring/Summer.

on 6/13/2011 5:56:00 AM

I used to love EMs mineral foundation. I used it for 4 years, and I absolutely loved it, but suddenly they started putting lauroyl lysine in their products and I started breaking out. Now their foundations are completely useless to me.

I ordered the try me samples for fair skin tone, and this was by far my favorite. I have acne scars and some pimples and this makes them invisible! Ive tried so many things and this is the one!!! perfect coverage! I do need to reapply though because of my oily skin. but it absorbs oil and my skin feels clean. I am going to buy this again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about 5 years now, since Everyday Minerals first came out with their intensive formula. It is by far my favourite foundation. The colour Golden Fair perfectly matches my fair and slightly yellow-undertoned skin, and it provides great coverage that lasts the whole day. What I love about this company's foundations is that you can't even feel them on your face. With normal foundation I feel like I'm wearing a mask-- this just feels like my skin. It's easy to apply and blend with a kabuki brush, and as my skin gets a bit of a tan for the summer, it's easy to mix in a little bit of a darker colour and create the perfect one for my skin tone.
I use the foundation as a concealer as well (none of their concealers match my skin tone very well) and it works well for that purpose too.

I really, really wanted to like this product. It's more affordable than many other mineral products. It has good coverage that's not cakey. Unfortunately, it gave me whiteheads. My skin's acne-prone, but I've never gotten many tiny whiteheads around my cheeks until I used this :(
I won't be buying this product again.

on 3/31/2011 1:05:00 AM

i have to kinda agree with the post below mine - it is pretty life changing makeup! i ordered the samples in light and medium since im transitioning from winter -> spring -> summer. ive never used bare minerals before so i don't have a comparison between the two, but wow, this stuff is magic. since ive gotten this, ive put all my other foundations and concealers in the make-up-that's-not-used-so-much box. i tend to just use the intensive base as a concealer - i love how easy it is to do my makeup in the morning.. minerals trump liquid for ease of application! it has great coverage too - pimples or red patches are no problem. as far as i know, the ingredients are pretty natural, and there's only a few - nothing that irritates the skin like some other mineral makeup. the sample sizes are small, but they last!!! i don't see me needed to place an order for more any time soon, and best of all the first sample you get is free! so you really are only paying for shipping. i'm still figuring out the best color for my skin tone (and boy! do they have a lot of colors to choose from - there's a EM for everyone!) and I switch from intensive- matte. All this praise, but the true test will come this summer since i live in a pretty humid place, makeup tends to come off quicker than i can put it on. perhaps the perfect primer can solve that problem?! conclusion: cheap and wonderful - buy it!