Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 6/18/2011 5:27:00 PM

Its great foundation provides heavier coverage and is great for very oily skin BUT you need to know how to use it and what cream to use under! It took me some time and gave me some trouble to find my best way.
If you wont moisturize your skin really good, this will extremely dry out your skin! Also while using it with dry brush it gives me cakey effect, so I can use it only with wet brush-then it looks natural and cover everything.
The key I think is in the way you put it on your face. Now Im using it as concealer because I just dont need that heavy coverage and it works very well.
Package is not the most useful.
� used it with everyday minerals long handled kabuki.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. If you tend to have acne prone and combination to oily skin then this product it perfect!!
This product feels so light on the skin that I literally feel like I'm not wearing anything. It makes my skin look and feel so soft and smooth. The coverage it pretty good. I use their concealer with this and it covers my acne pretty well. I use their flat top kabuki brush (which is also another great product!) which gives a more fuller coverage rather than a round top kabuki.
The product is a matte formula but its not so matte to the point where it looks dull. On those days where I put on a little bit more, I just use their lucent face to give me a glow.
The price is pretty good. If you think about it, it goes for about the same price as Loreal Bare Minerale foundation which is a drugstore product.
Overall this product is great!- good coverage, good price, didnt make me break out, light weight and long lasting!
I LOVE THIS STUFF!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Everyday Mineral's Intensive base foundation has been LIFE-CHANGING for me! I have sort of combination skin, the primary issue being OIL. I used to wear primer, liquid foundation, and mineral foundation, and still, nothing helped. I'd have to blot my face within an hour, and completely reapply my mineral makeup within 4 hours. When my face would get oily, it felt like my make-up was sitting on my face like a mask. I couldn't stand it!

Then, I got my Everyday Minerals foundation samples. I ordered the Medium and Olive sample kits, and Buttered Tan fit me perfectly. I was tanning at the time, so by the time that sample ran out, my Sandy Medium ended up matching perfectly. This is the first time in my life I can say I ONLY wear mineral foundation, and barely any of it. A small amount of this foundation works wonders. It has cleared my skin and complexion up almost 360 in just three weeks. I am AMAZINGLY happy with this foundation! And the samples surprisingly last a long time. I wore this to a concert, and after 8 hours it looked flawless. Some days when it's humid I have to blot my face, but thats nothing. It covers flaws and red spots on my face perfectly. I do notice that if I wear my Hard Candy primer, it helps the foundation stay put even longer & better!

I would HIGHLY recommend this foundation to anyone, especially someone with oil and/or acne prone skin. I can't wait until my full sizes come in the mail! And for only $12 for a full size. That's the same price as drug store foundation. Incredible!

on 12/2/2010 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Reasons why I don't like it:
- Looks powdery (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)
- Pores look a lot more obvious (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)
- Not that great of coverage (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)

I usually use a mixing medium when I apply to get rid of some of the 'powdery' look. I had a hard time buffing it into my skin .. it kind of leaves patches .. I'm starting to wonder if my Physicians Formula and Maybelline Mineral Power was actually better than this ..

on 5/11/2010 12:20:00 AM

i love Everyday Minerals in Intensive, it gives me great coverage, but i do have to put concealer over my under eye circles and blemishes. i finnd that it you want a make it more of a liquidy try mixing it with your moisterizer and a drop of water. and to ast longer put a sheer powder over it and spray it with mac fix +. I love using the intensive formal. It has never broken me out and i feel like its more gentle bare minerial, but that's just me.

I've been using EM's foundation for years. It works so amazing yet it is affordable. I love their wide selection of blush and eyeshadows as well. The intensive formula has a great coverage, I have a lot of dark spots and it covers them very well. A little goes a long way, it's buildable and look very natural.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

best mmu ever! i've been using this brand for over a year. I could only say good things about them and this makeup. great coverage. better then bare minerals or any other mmu and i've tried soo many! it does not look cakey at all. the costumer service is just lovely also. i would buy again and again and i recommend this to everyone who wants a good makeup!

on 12/20/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this in the sample kit they used to have.To me,it's very much the same as the matte formula,and didn't do much for me.I just ran out of it this month though,and I've had it since June,so it lasts really long for a sample.The lid literally cracks off after some time,which is odd.I'll stick to liquid foundation for the winter.Maybe I'll switch back to powder in the summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've tried Lily Lolo and Sheer Cover before, and it really made my skin clear up from acne and I was happy. But reading alot about Everyday Minerals I decided to try it.

I found a perfect color match and when first applying it did cover well, but it looked HORRIBLE after a few hours, even when using a primer.
But I still liked the coverage and kept using it.

After about a week my skin had broke out like crazy. I was getting huge pimples that hurt my face really bad.
Also it gave me pimples on my nose and forehead, even though I litterally never get any break outs in those places.

I wouldn't recommend this (or the mint concealer) if you have acneprone skin.

Edit: Okay, I was harsh on this just for the fact that it breaks me out.
I actually raised the grading from two to four because if this wouldn't break me out, it would be my HG foundation. It looks so amazing.
Full coverage, natual and long lasting. So, definitaly try it!

Hands down HG foundation! Intensive is my favorite formulation, great coverage, great lasting power and doesn't dry my skin out or cause break outs.