Chanel No 5 Body Lotion

Chanel No 5 Body Lotion

4.7

on 4/22/2018 8:26:00 PM

The price is USD 55 + before tax now.

This is a wonderful product.

The lotion is light pink in color. It is sheer and watery in texture but absorbs very well and quickly into skin.
The scent is ..as a lot of people have said is DIVINE.

I have used Chanel No 5 for close to 30 years now ..through the reformulations & discontinuations of various Chanel No 5 ancillary products and the Cologne. The EDT is my favorite formulation and closest to the original scent of No 5 ..to me.
The body lotion is closest in scent to the EDT and is surprisingly long lasting - as it should be ( esp . for the price. !)
Highly recommended 5 star product.
Chanel - don't you dare fiddle with the formulation of this one.

As an extra.
Chanel No. 5 bar soap does not smell like Chanel No 5 at all. I will not buy the soap again .

on 1/16/2018 4:23:00 PM

WARNING : This product does not smell like No.5.
Having said that.... it still smells DIVINE!
My first review of this product was terrible since I was very disappointed that it does not smell of No.5 at all. But I started using it on a regular basis and now I'm addicted to it. The scent is so good and it lasts so long on the skin and the texture of the lotion is so pleasant that I'm worried I'm going to run out of it sooner than I expected.
I'm definitely going to be buying another bottle.
BUT IT DOES NOT SMELL OF No 5, neither edp nor edt nor parfum.

I love this lotion it smells comforting, smooth, beautiful, elegant, Divine I asked for this in body cream form for xmas got the lotion but it truly is beautiful delicately scented I love it!

on 5/7/2013 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a great lotion, it does a fair job of moisturizing, and follows the same scent as the bath soap and powder. The fragrance accents all strengths/blends of the No.5 line. A little pricey, but well worth it for the feel and smell of this wonderful fragrance!!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Got this in a sample size... I love it, smells delicious!

on 7/8/2010 2:18:00 PM

Lovely smelling lotion. I layer it with Chanel No. 5 eau premiere. The lotion has a very sexy smell. It makes my skin so soft. I will purchase again and again. I have found, however, that I like the body cream a little better.

An amazing, light body lotion that I use to layer with my No. 5 fragrance. As the packaging is so small and it is super expensive, I do not use it all over my body. I simply use it to layer with my fragrance to make it last longer throughout the day. I use it in combination with No. 5 Eau Premiere and it creates a lovely, light scent that lasts and lasts.
Despite the fact that I use so little, it is really moisturizing and it is too bad that a larger container would cost such an exorbitant amount, or else I would use this all over. I love to dab some on before bed, and of course after a shower in the morning before spritzing Eau Premiere over top.

If you love No. 5, this is a must have with your EDT or EDP. One lippie off for the $47.50 price tag.

on 12/8/2008 9:16:00 AM

It's a soft pink colored lotion. It makes my skin feel velvety soft and absorbs easily. It isn't a great moisturizer, but that's okay with me since I wasn't expecting it to be and I usually only layer this with the perfume.

on 9/16/2008 9:47:00 PM

After having recently swapped for (and subsequently swapped away) a decant of the EDT, I found myself at my local Chanel counter, searching (hoping that my search wasn't in vain) for the Chanel No. 5 that I remembered from my childhood, the comforting, elegant and subtle scent that my mom wore, that was deserving of the hype and accolades that Chanel is worthy of.

The EDT was a disappointment, barely resembling what I remembered. It was sharp and musty, cold and unfeeling. So, when I found myself at the row of Chanel testers (oddly enough, predomantly full of lotions rather than the actual 'fumes) I reached for the familiar square No. 5 bottle and with one whiff was mesmerized and simultaneously transported back in time.

This was the creamy, whispery floral, the spicy yet soft, the sensual yet subtle scent that I remembered. To those who can't stand this Chanel, who can't get past the 'old lady' connotation, I implore you to try this lotion.

I will conclude this review with a little anecdote. At my job, I have alot of contact with teenage girls. One day a couple of years ago, I discovered that one of the young ladies was a fellow beauty product junkie. As we shared trade secrets, she told me that she could barely wait until she turned 30, because she could start wearing Chanel No. 5. The next time I see her, I'll be sure to let her know that she can start right away, because with this gem of a lotion, no age requirement can be placed on smelling simply divine.

on 8/22/2007 8:36:00 PM

This pink lotion has a very sheer texture once applied, and heavy with the fragrance of Chanel No. 5. I do get a little spice from this one, maybe cinnamon, on top of the abstract floral musk this perfume is famous for. Very nice!

I do find, though, that using it to moisturize my arms and legs provides plenty of scent and sillage, and does not require layering with any more perfume. A lovely way to make No. 5 very wearable antime, anywhere.

Popular Lotions / Creams