Adult Acnomel tinted cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.2

Active Ingredients:Resorcinol 2%; Sulfur 8%. Inactive Ingredients:Alcohol 15% (W/W), Bentonite, Carbopol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Octoxynol-9, Potassium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Water

This stuff was a lifesaver! I was going out on a date and of course the day before I had 2 very red, hard pimples appear on my face. I used this stuff and by morning, they were smaller, less inflamed, and much easier to cover with makeup. One of them was almost completely gone already. After another application the next night, the other pimple that had still been bothering me a little was significantly reduced again.

This product is comparable to Proactiv's refining mask, which I also use and like, but I would say Acnomel is an even better spot treatment and at a better price. I also have very sensitive skin and cannot really use benzoyl peroxide, so I was very happy to find this product with different active ingredients. I experienced no irritation at all. The only reason I'm rating this 4/5 is because it is a little bit difficult to wash off, which I find annoying, but this is definitely a product I'll be keeping around.

on 3/16/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I applied this to all my problem areas and the next day i had brown patches all over my face that peeled off and made my skin red and raw... I do not recomend this to everyone.. ive read some mixed reviews about if but it didnt work for me :/ Beware!

on 10/3/2013 2:53:00 PM

This is the most effective acne treatment I have ever found. I have had acne for 25 years. I have seen multiple dermatologists, and have had ever Rx cream, gel, cleanser, and drug they can come up with, with little success. I have LITERALLY tried every OTC acne product - go figure, they all have the same ingredients in different packaging, and they all don't work. I found this some years ago, and now I am not without several tubes in the house at all times. If I put it on at bedtime, most of any new acne bumps will be nearly gone by morning. Sometimes completely gone. Here's a tip: buy at least two tubes, and leave the cap off one for a few days. The product will turn a darker color and become thicker. Use that tube on EXTREMELY bad acne - it seems to be seriously more effective. I use the other tube as-is, and apply just a dab with a Q-tip to any acne I have for wear during the day. This is the only product I know of that also LAYERS. If I put a layer on at night, and let it dry, I can come back & apply another layer and it seems to increase effectiveness. Yes, in quantity, it smells weird, and not everyone's skintone will allow for day-hours wear, but it is the best thing I have ever found. The makers don't pay for serious pricey shelfspace in the stores or fancy advertising, so you will probably have to order it online. My Walgreens pharmacy also orders it for me through Cardinal Health. I would never be without this.

I read all the reviews and was hoping for great results. I've used it on and off over the last 9 months, and EACH time I use it, it chemically burns my skin even when I use tiny amounts of it - the area of skin where the product was applied becomes raised the next day and rough in texture and significant peeling of the skin occurs over the course of almost a week until I am back to having my normal smooth skin again. Covering it up with foundation only makes it look worse as the skin is very rough and raw. I have NEVER had this happen with any acne treatment product, and I've used so many - benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, Differin, Acanya, clindamycin phosphate, clindaymycin gel, all in various combinations - so the fact that Acnomel just on its own caused chemical burns on my skin is particularly horrifying. I don't have particularly sensitive skin when it comes to applying acne treatment products - my skin tolerates high levels of active ingredients very well.

on 11/4/2010 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

I will buy this again because it works. Very drying on it's own so I spot treat over my moisturizer and I swear it works better this way. Whenever I feel a bump brewing and Acnomel to the rescue. Sulfur works for my skin and i had my tube for over a year. The tint is too obvious and orangey, no way I'm wearing this during the day. The smell, the texture, the tint are all negatives for me. Doesn't blend or spread easily but just a dab overnight flattens a cyst like nothing else. This is strong stuff and more effective than bp. Do not use on unaffected skin because it will make you red and flaky the next morning.

on 10/11/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have hormonal acne and I get 1-2 acne nodules each month. If left alone, they never come to a head, linger for another 2-3 months and leave red marks. This sulphur-based spot treatment works very well at flattening these zits out completely in just a few days.
Other spot treatments like salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide do nothing (I do use salicylic acid as an all-over treatment for redness). Do try a sulphur product if SA and BP don't work for you, because this might.
The cream does smell mildly like sulphur (rotten eggs). It does not bother me as it sits on my face but because of this, I only apply when I'm at home. I wouldn't apply makeup over it either, as the product tends to rub off and ball up unless you apply a very thin layer and wait for it to absorb.

on 6/3/2010 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the UN-tinted (white) version of Adult Acnomel cream. This cream is actually more of a paste. It can be "gritty", leave a white cast on your skin, and form pills if you apply too much. I bought this for about $5 CDN at Wal-mart. Very good packaging quality - foil tube, kind of like artist's paint. I've never tried to wear makeup on top because it leaves a dry layer that prevents makeup from adhering. It does smell like sulfur so I think most would only wear this at night. I've tried both spot treatment and applying an even layer everywhere (thick and thin layers). I've tried both once- and twice-a-day applications. This is more mild than benzyl peroxide and does not cause redness or irritation. Does this prevent acne? maybe. Does this treat formed acne? maybe. I guess what I'm trying to say is: this is not a miracle product. Maybe it helps a little, but the results weren't drastic so it's hard to say whether this improved my skin. My skin is still breaking out. My acne still takes several days to heal. Sometimes I reach for this. Sometimes I reach for benzyl peroxide. Still searching for that miracle cream.

on 1/1/2010 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Something in this product reacted to my skin. I would use it on a pimple and it would get itchy and inflamed. It would turn into a huge bump! I tried it more than once to see if it really was the problem, and again, it happened. Of course, it smelled and the tinted color is unnecessary. I have used items with sulfur in the past and had no reaction.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i don't like this tinted business...the texture is insanely awful and the smell is weird. this stuff is very drying--but not drying to the point where it actually gives me more acne. despite the negatives, it works really well..my skin has been clearing up (i have very small white head like pimples on my cheeks) within the past few days of use. i will continue to purchase even though it is expensive for acne medication at a drugstore. a little goes a long way though because its more concentrated than necessary. i think sulfur 2-5% would work just fine, but this is 8%. i don't recommend it under make up..night use only. the texture is way too strange

UPDATE:

my skin has gotten better since i've stopped using this product..hmm

on 12/21/2009 11:53:00 PM

I love love love this product. Before using acnomel i was using clearasil tinted treatment, which is basically the same item. They both contain Resorcinol (2%), Sulfur (8%) and are geared towards adult acne. I like acnomel better because of the consistency and the fact that it matches my skin PERFECTLY. When i apply this stuff it just looks like i have flawless skin. I havent gotten ONE pimple from using this item and it has dried out all of the small pimples that i did have.
I basically use this as a foundation.
My regimen consist of:
Papaya bar Soap
Witch Hazel Toner
Acnomel (applied with a wet finger)
I usually wait about 30 mins for the product to kind of melt into my skin and if my skin is not flaky i just apply blush over top and then leave the house!!

IF my skin is dry then i can apply lotion on top and it'll leave my skin looking and feeling matte all day long! I think its also a wonderful primer.

Before this i was using BP 5% which was working wonderfully but it was leaving my face really dry and dead looking. I'm trying the sulfur route now, and im quite happy with the results.