Adult Acnomel tinted cream

Filtered by skin type : Oily
No Image

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients:Resorcinol 2%; Sulfur 8%. Inactive Ingredients:Alcohol 15% (W/W), Bentonite, Carbopol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Octoxynol-9, Potassium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Water

on 5/26/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only stuff that keeps my adult acne in check, besides Retin-A. Clears up skin quickly and gently. Get this if you cannot tolerate benzoyl peroxide.

on 6/3/2010 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the UN-tinted (white) version of Adult Acnomel cream. This cream is actually more of a paste. It can be "gritty", leave a white cast on your skin, and form pills if you apply too much. I bought this for about $5 CDN at Wal-mart. Very good packaging quality - foil tube, kind of like artist's paint. I've never tried to wear makeup on top because it leaves a dry layer that prevents makeup from adhering. It does smell like sulfur so I think most would only wear this at night. I've tried both spot treatment and applying an even layer everywhere (thick and thin layers). I've tried both once- and twice-a-day applications. This is more mild than benzyl peroxide and does not cause redness or irritation. Does this prevent acne? maybe. Does this treat formed acne? maybe. I guess what I'm trying to say is: this is not a miracle product. Maybe it helps a little, but the results weren't drastic so it's hard to say whether this improved my skin. My skin is still breaking out. My acne still takes several days to heal. Sometimes I reach for this. Sometimes I reach for benzyl peroxide. Still searching for that miracle cream.