Adult Acnomel tinted cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

Active Ingredients:Resorcinol 2%; Sulfur 8%. Inactive Ingredients:Alcohol 15% (W/W), Bentonite, Carbopol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Octoxynol-9, Potassium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Water

on 4/24/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this quite a long while ago and never really used it very much. But there must have been some reason I held on to it when I've thrown so many other acne medicines in the garbage. I guess that's because it does seem to work. The sulfur ingredient is much gentler than SA or BP. I've never had any problems with flaking skin when I've used this cream. I only use it at night though. The tint is really brown and doesn't match my fair skin. Also this cream smells bad making it a "no go" for daytime. I like to dot it on the blemish fairly heavily and let it dry. Make sure you wash it off well in the morning or you could have some staining. There are other acne treatments I like better, such as Bye Bye Blemish. So, I probably won't repurchase this product. However, this is a decent product, and I recommend it.

on 8/29/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this because I wanted a sulfur spot treatment for overnight. I found this in CVS or Walgreens (can't remember which) and it was for under $10. I was spot treating with Queen Helene's Mint Julep but I wanted something that I could blend better into my skin than a bright green paste. LOL Unfortunately for me, this cream is tinted a shade lighter than me. Since I'm only using it at night it doesn't really matter. All of that aside, it works great. My skin really responds well to sulfur. So, I use my Dr. Joesoef's 10% sulfur soap in the morning. At night, I wipe my face with warm water and a washcloth/microfiber cloth and then put on the Acnomel. Sometimes I'll just put it on certain spots but lately I've been mixing it with a small amount of my shea butter mix. I'll spritz my face with my La Roche-Posay thermal spring water and then apply the Acnomel/shea mix. So far so good.

I felt two cystic acne spots forming (my period is coming) and I spread this stuff on my face at night and the cystic acne spots are gone. No hyperpigmentation marks either (which happens sometimes). Yeah.

I just wish I had all of these things available 20 years ago when my acne was worse and I had no clue as to what to do. Nothing I've tried in the past worked. So, if you have acne and nothing's working, give sulfur a try. You can start with this since it's fairly inexpensive and see how it works for you. :)