Adult Acnomel tinted cream

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
No Image

3.5

Active Ingredients:Resorcinol 2%; Sulfur 8%. Inactive Ingredients:Alcohol 15% (W/W), Bentonite, Carbopol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Octoxynol-9, Potassium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Water

on 9/19/2015 3:08:00 PM

I don't actually use this every night in my nighttime routine for my acne but whenever I pop a pimple I put this on directly afterwards and for the next couple of nights and the pimples never comes back. I know most people say not to pop your pimples because it can give you scars but I've never gotten a scar using this product. But if you want to use this as a regular everyday acne product, I would definitely not recommend it.

Adult Acnomel probably has the funniest name in skin care but I can't complain. It is a sulfur based excellent spot treatment that I highly recommend. When my face is super irritated, I like to use a mild cleanser and put adult acnomel on at nighttime.

Definitely a big fan of this product.

I really wanted to like this product, as my Oxy Maximum Strength Benzoyl Peroxide cream has stopped working on my skin. I was excited to try a new product, and had high hopes for it. I spread this all over my problem areas (which is pretty much my entire forehead and the sides of my cheeks, I have little tiny PESKY bumps all over that are not zits and they don't pop). I washed it off of my face this morning before heading off to work, and the tinted color of this product left a patch of brown discoloration on the areas where I had applied it. So not only did it leave my face with weird brown patches, it did NOTHING for my little "non-acne" bumps. I put a BB Cream on my face, and the patches that this product gave me now looked as though I didn't rub in my makeup all the way. I am very disappointed in this product and I will never use a "tinted" acne treatment on my face ever again.

on 10/18/2012 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got this last winter because my mom used it when she was younger and said it worked wonders. I used it a little, but honestly I didn't have much acne at the time, and I always forgot to put it on. I eventually just stuffed it into a drawer and forgot about it. I'm really into organic healthy beauty products, so I've experiemented with oil cleansing and a myriad of other things. Something that I was doing made my skin go crazy and I broke out worse than I had ever done before. I stopped oil cleansing, which helped a little. Then I stopped using BareMinerals. I got a bar of glycerin teatree oil soap to wash my face with, and my acne started getting a little better. It was still worse than it had ever been. A week ago my mom mentioned the acnomel and said I should use it. I halfheartedly got it out and started applying it once or twice during the day, and also at night before bed. All I can say is wow; it dried up my acne within a few days. My skin was a little dry and flaky, but moisturizing my face regularly got rid of the dryness. I was not expecting results like this it, but I know from experience that one product that works wonders on one person might be a terrible product for another. You'll only know if it's right for your skin if you try it:).

PROS: works really well on my skin, dries up acne within a few days, gets rid of redness, it's tinted and can be worn under make up if so desired.

CONS: smells like sulphur, a little drying on the skin.