L'Oreal 311 some like it scarlett limited edition

No Image

on 5/11/2015 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Gorgeous, unique red. I have not found a red quite like it, and I have quite a collection of reds. Its not quite pink enough to be a cherry, so maybe a vibrant strawberry (like the actual fruit), and it totally lacks the orange of most classic reds.
The wear is great for a drugstore lipstick. It has a satin-matte finish and doesn't bleed, even without lipliner, but it can get crumbly over time if your mouth is dry. For a red, it is quite low maintenance. Id totally buy again if not limited edition; if anyone knows of a similar lipstick, then please let me know.

L'Oreal Color Riche lipsticks are great quality and rival many department /sephora store brands at a lower price. The colors are vibrant and nuanced, the wear and finish is excellent, and the packaging is elegant (particularly this one, being gold, although its beat up from years of rolling around a purse).

on 11/17/2006 4:15:00 AM

I can't find an entry for the lipstick I bought, it's #466 from the Scarlett limited edition line, called "Sheer Nude". I've been looking for a lipstick to wear to work for a while, something that will look neutral but pretty for my fair skin (NC15 in MAC). I tried out Dior, Estee Lauder and MAC and finally settled on this one by L'Oreal. I love the texture and feeling of this lipstick and I see no difference between it and the high-end textures I tried. Seriously, I don't know why anyone would spend $35 on a Dior lipstick when you can get almost the same thing for not even half that price from L'Oreal. Despite the name, this is not really sheer at all, it's comparable to the MAC Amplified Lipstick finish. The colour is a light pink-beige nude, without being brownish. It's very rich and creamy, and seems to last for an acceptable amount of time before having to reapply. Doesn't bleed and feather on my lips; I may get another one of these LE shades because I think they are so flattering. Good purchase!

on 8/28/2006 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Since this is a Limited Edition shade, I guess I'd better hoard some. This is a beautiful deep semi matte brick red I think anybody could wear. It's not blue-red or orangy or anything unflattering. I really like the smell, too.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

pretty gold case, nice smooth application. part of the limited edition line, this is a very pinky red, classic. creamy yet matte finish. i really love this, in fact i might go back and get more since it's only limited edition! love it!