Almay Daily Moisturizer 3 for Oily Skin with Meadowsweet SPF 15

Almay Daily Moisturizer 3 for Oily Skin with Meadowsweet SPF 15

3.2

on 8/26/2009 1:06:00 PM

I used this a few years ago, only to find that even if it's designed for oily skin, it just makes the skin oilier! It smells good though... will not buy again

on 6/15/2009 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer, it gives me a nice dewy finish even though it's meant to be oil free, but it doesn't make my face look oily, it makes it look moisturized in a healthy skin kinda way. The consistancy is very light, so it doesn't take long to get into your skin, it definitly leaves me skin feeling soft. It has as spf of 15 which is always a plus, it doesn't really help clear away acne though...
I love the fact that it comes with a pump, but when your moisturizer is about to finish, you can't use the pump anymore, I have to keep opening the bottle to get the product out which is a bit annoying.
And it's made out of really cheap plastic, but I still love this moisturizer and I just finished my first bottle and I plan on getting another one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to try this moisturizer when my local CVS had it on sale. I have oily skin but am moisturizing a bit since I'm now in my late 30s. In the interest of staving off aging, I wear sunblock religiously under my makeup. This product fulfills both needs. It does have a sunscreen-esque scent when you first dispense it from the bottle, but it disappears quickly. This lotion feels light yet moisturizing on the face. It doesn't leave my skin greasy, either, which is a miracle, and definitely doesn't break it out. Why, oh, why is Almay discontinuing this?? I also use the coordinating bar soap--I guess that's being discontinued, too. Please bring this back!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm actually surprised at all the less-than-satisfied reviews. I've been using this for over a year now and have bought up a couple of bottles on eBay now that it's discontinued. I've used it in tandem with Almay's Clear Complexion Makeup and I haven't had even one cystic breakout in all this time, whereas I usually was in one stage of a (large, painful, ugly) cystic pimple at any given time, before. I started using it for the price- it was on sale when I tried it- and the SPF, and because it's for oily skin, and stuck with it for the results.

It does make me look dewy when I first apply, and the foundation does nothing to reverse this, but after a light dusting of powder, the finish is matte enough to satisfy my matte obsession. In the winter it stays that way most of the day, but now that hot and humid days are back, I'm blotting again by (usually al fresco) lunchtime, Since it appears to worsen with the temperature, I'm not blaming the product.

I'm sad to see it go, and have already resigned myself to finding a replacement once my stash is depleted. It's been a lovely long cystic-free time. Thanks, Almay.

on 3/30/2008 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Why did they discontinue this? I have sensitive skin which reacts to almost every other skincare product I have ever tried. however, this oily skin formula has no reaction to my skin. Can see how it wouldnt be suitable for oily skin though. I use this at night and Garnier Omega Skin renew during the day. both are great for my eczema prone skin. I managed to snap a last bottle up from the pharmacy sale table the other day, and the lady at the counter let me keep the tester too. A very nice product. But discontinued here in NZ!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this I really did. Only £1.99 from Savers made it a real bargain, more so when you throw in the fact that it has SPF 15.

It comes in a yellow plastic 4oz bottle with a pump dispenser, one pump provides more than enough to cover your whole face but it can become gummed up quite easily because the movement is quite clunky. The packaging is quite plain and a little on the cheap looking side, but the ingredient list is clear which is always a plus. On first appearance the cream appears to be quite dense but on application it is quite smooth and absorbs easily enough. Your skin doesn’t feel oily bit does feel like it does have product on it. The scent is quite sun screeny, but non offensive enough that you wouldn’t mind applying it every day and shouldn’t clash too much with your perfume like some more heavily scented lotions.

After I applied this I could definitely feel it in an “I’ve put a little too much on” kind of way even though I had applied it quite lightly. The feeling did wear off after about ten minutes but my skin felt a little cakey going onwards throughout the day. Appearance wise my skin started off a little matter than with other moisturisers but this wore off and my skin started looking dewy and then more oily as the day went on. Despite the bargain basement price I can’t help but be disappointed; it wasn’t particularly moisturising or particularly effective at controlling oil. All in all I think it actually made my breakouts worse because it seemed to hang around my pores like an invitation for little blighters to come in and clog them up.

I really wanted to like this product especially since it has an spf and is made for oily skin, but, unfortunately, I thought it was horrible! It had a really strong sunscreen scent and made my skin oilier than usual. I found myself using oil blotters all day. The pump was actually difficult to use. It kept getting stuck. Worst of all, it made me break out the second day of using it. Needless to say, this product is ending up in the trash :(

on 11/17/2007 7:03:00 PM

Well, I got the whole system for $9.99 at Ulta also so I can't really comment on the price of the individual product. I really dislike this moisturizer, and I'm shocked that it's supposed to be for oily skin. It makes my face really shiny and it's greasy. I won't be repurchasing.

on 6/15/2007 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

As others have mentioned before, I wanted to like this product. It's relatively cheap and has all the properties I was looking for in a lotion. The SPF 15 is the main reason I went with it. It is extremely GREASY! I think I'm better off using plain sunblock instead of this stuff. On top of it all I didn't wash it off one night and the next day I woke up with a few nice white heads on my nose. I won't buy this again!

on 7/10/2007 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fair, oily skin and need to where sunscreen everyday. I got the whole system for $9.99 on sale at Ulta, which is a great deal and the packaging is nice. However, this product did not agree with my skin and I broke out after using this for two or three days. The moisturizer, which I had high hopes for, made my face very shiny. So I will continue to use Olay Complete (combination/oily). Which works well and is way less shiny/greasy, at least on me.