Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 99 Rose Petale

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 99 Rose Petale
Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 99 Rose PetaleJoues Contraste Powder Blush in 99 Rose Petale

4.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

This is the color I naturally flush, which is rare for me to find. I am an NC40. This blush makes me look so youthful. Ive noticed this product works best on naked, moisturized skin. For some reason, when put over other foundations, it is hard to not only build up but also last. I have tried it over Bare Minerals original foundation, and over the MAC sff. The color pay off just isnt the same as on naked skin. Still, this is one of the most beautiful flattering shades Ive been able to find for my skin tone. It has a subtle scent of Chanel products, but not overbearing. I love the compact, and wish the brush wasnt included so that they could lower the price.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm not the palest person, but I'm still pretty pale. I used to buy blushes that were bright pink and it looked pretty ridiculous. This shade looks very natural on me though. I use it every now and then but I honestly don't like the shimmer. I've always preferred matte blushes. The compact is really cute, but the brush that is included is useless. I wish they would get rid of the brush and include more blush instead.

on 11/30/2014 10:07:00 PM

I really like this blush. A pink peachy shade that is very natural looking. The shimmer does not show up which is a good thing. I also like Rose Initial which is a bit more blue based. The one thing I dislike is it can pull a bit if red on my face so I need to just use a gentle hand when applying. Yes, I would buy again but hopefully not for a long time... It is a bit pricey! I almost forgot to say I dislike the rose scent but it goes away very shortly after applying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

NC15-NC20. HG Blush for "natural flush to the cheeks" that looks like it comes from within. While I love my other Joues Contraste (such as Candy and Espiegle which are peach pink blushes) Rose Petale is the most natural looking.

on 3/6/2013 10:56:00 PM

LOVE this blush. Definitely my HG. This was a Christmas gift from my sister and initially I wasn't sure if the color would work for me and had considered returning it for another color. But now that I've used it several months I adore it. I think at first I was using the wrong type of brush to apply it and I was being too heavy handed with it. The shade looks very natural on my fair, yellowish skin and gives my cheeks a nice subtle flushed look. This will last me forever.

on 2/3/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

That's it! I've found my HG blush. Nothing else looks quite as prettily and naturally flushed, and the staying power is impressive.
The colour is just right for my pale, warm skin, and there is a bit of shimmer that looks so very natural on me.

It isn't cheap- but how often do you repurchase blush?

I am going to side with ccarlino on this one. I am not a mature woman, in fact I'm only 29. That being said, this blush ages me HORRIBLY. Even with a primer, it amplified my pores to the size of dinner plates, and managed to migrate into any fine lines that may be beginning to develop. It looks nice upon immediate application, but after an hour or two, catching myself in the mirror is a brutal sight. It honestly makes me look at least ten years older. I gave this to a friend with less oily skin and finer pores, perhaps it will work out a little better for her. For the price and the brand, I would expect far superior quality.

on 10/4/2012 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I'm trying samples of VitaLumiere Aqua, Perfection foundation and needed a blush. So how could I go wrong using Chanel as the complement? This color is too ruddy on my fair mature skin with very little pigment and a shimmer glow. On my mature skin, this blush was blotchy, had an uneven application and not finely milled. Very disappointing -- will return.

Note: I note that most of the 4-5 lippies are those from younger users. Don't think this is a good product for mature, dry skin.

on 8/18/2012 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was using the Chanel Rose Bronze and was afraid that this was too close. It isn't. On my very fair yellowish tinged skin, I think this would be too bluish, but over a light dusting of bronzer (Nars Laguna), it looks beautiful - what Bobbi Brown calls a pop of color - pinky rose, but like a natural skin blush. Bonus for me is that Rose Petale has almost no sparkle, so the hint of sparkle in Laguna is not too much.

The staying power is excellent. For some reason, it's better than Rose Bronze.

on 9/29/2012 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE this blush- Chanel nailed it on the color and texture. I feel like a new person whenever i put it on. It's the most gorgeous rosy color with just the right amount of shimmer that transforms my pale, tired skin into somethin' else, let me tell you. My only complaints are about the price and packaging. I know, I know, its Chanel after all, so I cant expect a low price, but I'm not going to be wasting any of this blush. And then there is the packaging. The sleek, black compact is lovely, and the mirror's quality is spectacular, but the one time I dropped this on the (carpeted!) floor by accident, the blush inside shattered into a million pieces. I actually used a tweezer to carefully pick the little pieces from my floor and put them in another jar so I could re-pot it later. I'm taking off a lippy for that. Overall, if i have enough money saved up when i run out of this I will definitely repurchase. :)

Popular Blush Products