Trader Joe's Unscented Deodorant with Cotton

2.4

Price: $

Price: $

Propylene glycol, water, stearic acid, steareth-20, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, triethanolamine, gossypium Herbaceum (cotton) ethylexylglycerin, usnea barbata (lichen) extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), aloe barbadensis leaf, symphytum officinale (comfrey), lavendula angustifolia (lavender) and salix alba (willow bark) extracts, bisabolol, cetyl alcohol, tetrasodium EDTA, retinyl (vitamin A) palmitate, and tocopherol acetate (vitamin E).

on 5/20/2016 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Seeing so many negative reviews, I feel compelled to add my two cents' worth.

I've repurchased this many times. Here's my perspective:

* I very seldom use an antiperspirant; pretty much ONLY when it's ESSENTIAL that I not sweat/stink (ie, job interview).
* I need to use only fragrance free products; my skin reacts even to natural scents, including essential oils.
* I do not sweat heavily, for some reason especially since menopause.
* I do not expect this to keep me "bone dry."
* I stopped shaving my underarms a couple of years ago, am "au naturel" (hairy).
* Since I can't use fragrance (including perfume), I am probably more accepting of natural odors than the average person. Though I can't detect any BO, it doesn't mean no one could...

This product doesn't irritate (rashes--ouch!) my underarms. I do notice it keeps me drier (than not using), but I suppose not as dry as toxic antiperspirant. I've had bad reactions to some other natural, seemingly similar products, always come back to this. Recently tried one of the baking soda based cream ones; it irritated my skin right away--back to TJ's Cotton!

I shower only one or twice weekly (and no, not gross; helps my skin), and don't notice any stink. I sometimes reapply inbetween showers, just in case. (May spot wash pits first with a washcloth.) Sorry if this is TMI, just want to make sure y'all have all the relevant info. I must say, I'd be very sad if this was ever discontinued.

on 1/7/2015 8:03:00 PM

It just don't work. When you put on a deoderant, you expect not to smell and this stuff just doesn't prevent it. I did want to find something without aluminum in it so that's why I picked up the TJ deodorant, plus I'm honestly not that smelly. But unless it's a mild day where I'm not doing much, I am going to smell while wearing this deodorant. Do not recommend.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this and used it right away...what a waste of money! I'm surprised no one at work said anything to me because when I came home...oh my geez I smelled! Lol tmi...but I did! THIS DOES NOT COVER ODOR!!!!!!!! I love Trader Joe's, what a shame.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am one of those people who do not sweat a lot and did not expect the deodorant to keep me dry. I actually feel some sweating is good for detoxifying my body and prevents dark armpits.When I purchase aluminum free deodorant, I am just looking for something to keep oder at bay. This product did none of that. It is pretty useless. I have since found other aluminum free deodorants that are much more effective.

on 10/24/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This thing (it shouldn't be called deodorant because it doesn't get rid of odor) will keep your underarms dry for maybe half an hour if you don't move around much and it is 60 degrees out. However, even if you don't sweat at all, this thing will make you smell. You are better off not wearing deodorant than to wear this.

on 9/28/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on a whim while I was at Trader Joe's. I really wish I read the reviews prior to purchasing it since I could have saved myself a few dollars. It didn't mask any odor nor did it mask any signs of sweating. I will not repurchase.

on 7/15/2013 9:45:00 PM

this does not protect against odor, period. i won't use again, but if you dont have much BO then maybe it will be enough for you.

on 6/28/2013 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I would NOT buy this again. Have a review on my blog

on 4/25/2013 8:53:00 PM

I would not buy this deo again!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

New Favorite!

My former favorite was the discontinued Adidas Cotton Tech.

Clear solid, smooth application, no fragrance whatsoever and survives 45+ minutes of intense cardio! Stings a little bit, but only after shaving. Doesn't leave any marks on clothing which is

Wish Trader Joe's made this with a light fragrance, but it's also nice on its own!
Cap closes tightly. I have no complaints. :)