Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

Not tested on animals

on 4/23/2011 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I agree with many of the reviews that i have read about arbonne and disagree with others aswell... their are reasons for why your skin breaks out when using another product especially if you have never used it before considering its botanical aswell... obviously it will lead to a break out! I have to say i have combination skin and have used every single product by arbonne ... i admit i broke out the first few weeks but that was one of the best detox my skin has had in a long time! but i do agree with many when they say it is well over priced for what it comes in! make up brushes are a big NO NO for me with arbonne to harsh on the skin ... doesnt pick up the mineral foundation... and again agree with the lack of color pigment charts that they provide... what i do love about it is that unlike many it was blendable for me..... its definately not a type of make up u can use on the go like the bobbi brown stick foundation but if u have a little time to spare u can achieve that flawless longlasting look with arbonne .... and for those who really think it makes them look greasy etc.... sounds to me like u dont know how to wear ur make up! get yourself a really good setting foundation powder .... even with mineral makeup u need to set that foundation or else it will look greasy and will melt off your face. its all about the setting foundation .... just dust it over and WOW :D will look fab ... no matter how oily based the foundation... this is coming from a former make up artist. oko

on 7/16/2008 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ok I am quickly changing my mind about Arbonne.

This is the best foundation I've ever tried (of the hundreds!). You get a huge amount for the money and it comes with a natural bristle kabuki brush (so soft and good for blending and passes that classic pull out test). I just spent a whole day with only it on my face and here I am 12 hours later still with flawless looking skin.

Unlike most foundations it makes the whole face take on a natural texture (even most mineral foundations still seem to accentuate the lumps and bumps i have going). It probably has some sort of humectant because my skin looks and feels softer and plumper as the day goes on, not huge for me but a nice feature.

The color though not an exact match for me (there's too few colors to do that, really Arbonne needs more colors for all their products) is a perfect blend between neutral and warm therefore easy to blend into the neck and cleavage without looking like a tanned kabuki doll. I guess now I need a lighter shade just to be able to blend, but this will be great when I have a better tan going.

Off course it doesn't keep me matte all day but what does?

Update 07/28/08 I just noticed yesterday that the color doesn't look right in all lights. Natural light and candlelight make it look like an orange cast on me, and I had to notice this looking at a pictrue of me and my friend when I had it on, she looks human I look Oompa Loompa. GRRR!