Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

2.7

Not tested on animals

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I feel like Arbonne tried way too hard to get the sunkissed, glowy look with this and as a result overdid it. It is very shimmery under every lighting. I got it because I was looking to try something other than my Mary Kay mineral foundation but went straight back to my Mary Kay one after trying this. I used this product twice to be completely convinced it's something I can't wear. I don't know if it's any better on more tan skin tones, but for pale types it's definitely not a foundation I recommend.
The upside to the product is cute packaging that seems quite durable.

on 4/23/2011 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I agree with many of the reviews that i have read about arbonne and disagree with others aswell... their are reasons for why your skin breaks out when using another product especially if you have never used it before considering its botanical aswell... obviously it will lead to a break out! I have to say i have combination skin and have used every single product by arbonne ... i admit i broke out the first few weeks but that was one of the best detox my skin has had in a long time! but i do agree with many when they say it is well over priced for what it comes in! make up brushes are a big NO NO for me with arbonne to harsh on the skin ... doesnt pick up the mineral foundation... and again agree with the lack of color pigment charts that they provide... what i do love about it is that unlike many it was blendable for me..... its definately not a type of make up u can use on the go like the bobbi brown stick foundation but if u have a little time to spare u can achieve that flawless longlasting look with arbonne .... and for those who really think it makes them look greasy etc.... sounds to me like u dont know how to wear ur make up! get yourself a really good setting foundation powder .... even with mineral makeup u need to set that foundation or else it will look greasy and will melt off your face. its all about the setting foundation .... just dust it over and WOW :D will look fab ... no matter how oily based the foundation... this is coming from a former make up artist. oko

I was expecting a lot from my first Arbonne purchase. First of all, it is very difficult to even fit a brush into the sifter area. The opening is too small. This foundation doesn't cover all that well, even for a mineral foundation. It didn't last very long at all. I'm pretty disappointed to be honest.

I have been a faithful user of Bare Minerals since 1998 until now. I have discovered a mineral foundation that gives a better coverage. I love my Arbonne Mineral foundation. My only complaint is the applicator. The new applicator sheds until you get it broke in. other than that no complaints and a now faithful Arbonne mineral user.

on 4/20/2007 12:45:00 PM

I have been using mineral makeup for a while now. So I decided to try Arbonne. I ordered the lightest shade, and it was still a little dark. I tried it anyway after I tanned a bit. I put it on in the morning for work and by lunchtime it had turned orage. I don't even have oily skin! I looked like an oompa-loompa. The only redeeming quality of this experience was the great kubuki-style brush. Other than that, try bare Escentuals, Larenim, or Philosophy to avoid looking like an oompa-loompa. ** I called Arbonne to return the product and first they wouldn't talk to me because I was not the rep. I said I AM THE CUSTOMER! They didn't care. I paid about $25 for the powder, and they refunded me about $6. i called and asked why they only gave me six dollars back- they said it was a computer mistake and would fix it. THEY DIDN'T. Arbonne is kind of shady......

I have a friend who sells Arbonne, so I thought I'd try this foundation. I have very oily, acne prone skin and this foundation just didn't cut it. At first, I thought it looked okay, but the coverage was moderate, not enough for me, and after an hour of wear, I had an oily sheen across my face, accenting the very flaws I was trying to cover up! The color was too dark-I ordered the lightest color they offer. I am back to using my HG, Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is great for people looking for full, lasting coverage. I think this foundation would be good for people with drier skin, those not needing too much coverage.

I like many of Arbonne's products. I think they are of very high quality and I've seen them work for other people. I tried this mineral makeup and didn't like it. Number one, the color was wrong and that's never good. The biggest problem was the big sparkles that showed up on my face when I wore it. It has bismoth oxychloride in it and I was way too shiny. But in all fairness, it looks good on some other people I know. I gave mine away to a friend and she looks wonderful. I, on the other hand looked ready to disco!!!

I absolutely, positvely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this foundation!! I had tried Jane Iredale mineral powder foundation in the past and hated it. It seemed to show every wrinkle and line on my face, even if I didn't know they existed. So when my friend, an Arbonne consultant, said I should try this foundation, I said NO WAY! However, she ended up bringing it over and just left it with me. I tried it the next day and it was fantastic. I love the light feeling of using a powder rather than a cream or stick foundation and whatever is in it reflects the light and makes my face look so smooth. I can't imagine using any other foundation now.

on 12/1/2006 8:09:00 PM

I'm not being entirely fair here since I haven't even tried the foundation yet but it just came in the mail WITHOUT the Kabuki brush (which was one of the main reasons I purchased it). When I contacted Arbonne about it, I was told that the brush does NOT come with the product and must be purchased separately. I am pissed!!!! I don't know how previous reviewers got their brush with purchase. Maybe Arbonne changed their policy. I don't know and I'll probably call back and argue some more but, since I bought it under another "consultant's" name, SHE will have to call and argue with them. Something about Arbonne just feels like such a scam!

on 9/9/2006 1:36:00 PM

I really like most of Arbonne's products but this is one that misses the mark, in my opinion.

Pros: FANTASTIC kabuki brush comes with the powder. It's almost worth the price by itself, I think. The powder is very light and silky. It gives the skin a smooth appearance and doesn't seem to accetuate fine lines and wrinkles as much as some other mineral foundations do. The package the powder comes in is very nice - I like the nice wide top. There is no noticeable fragrance to this powder. Coverage appears more natural than some other mineral foundations as well.

Cons: I know most will not agree with me but I think the color range stinks. I bought 3n originally thinking it would be a neutral, lightish beige but it was so dark I had to return it. Then I ordered the lightest shade, 1c, and first the company sent me 7w - not sure how that happened. When I finally got the right color, which is the lightest one they offer, it was STILL too dark and I couldn't use it. While I haven't been able to get the right color, there doesn't seem to be enough coverage in the foundation to cover trouble spots like I can do with BE. Also, while smooth, it appeared much shinier on me than other powder foundations I've used in the past.

Overall, I think this mineral foundation has the potential to work for a lot of people but it did not work for me, mostly due to coverage and color selection. However, like I said, I got a great brush out of it and am happy with that but, unless it's just for the brush, I will not repurchase. continued >>