Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

2.2

Not tested on animals

I'm not a fan of powdered foundations but I tried this one and I like the look of it. I use radiant which is a neutral colour. The one thing that bugs me is that these powders can get messy.

on 5/20/2010 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Let me start off by saying that I have very oily acne prone skin. I went to an Arbonne party that a friend of mine was having, the rep made it seem like this was going to perform miracles for me, she was very high pressure and pretty much forced me to order this! She sold me the primer and the mineral powder. This stuff is NOT cheap!

I received my order about a week and a half later. The first day I tried it I was not impressed. The primer feels good going on your skin, however I found that it really broke my skin out (this is all on day 1!) The mineral powder is not buildable and has a slight orange tint to it. By around 10am I was looking greasy already, more than usual for some reason. I found myself having to re-apply this 3 or 4 times. By the end of the day I resembled an old lady, the powder had melted off in some areas and settled in others. This lady keeps pressuring me to have a party, needless to say I will not be having one! This product failed to live up to the price and the inconvienence of having to wait for it. If you are looking for a good mineral powder I suggest BE matte!

on 4/20/2007 12:45:00 PM

I have been using mineral makeup for a while now. So I decided to try Arbonne. I ordered the lightest shade, and it was still a little dark. I tried it anyway after I tanned a bit. I put it on in the morning for work and by lunchtime it had turned orage. I don't even have oily skin! I looked like an oompa-loompa. The only redeeming quality of this experience was the great kubuki-style brush. Other than that, try bare Escentuals, Larenim, or Philosophy to avoid looking like an oompa-loompa. ** I called Arbonne to return the product and first they wouldn't talk to me because I was not the rep. I said I AM THE CUSTOMER! They didn't care. I paid about $25 for the powder, and they refunded me about $6. i called and asked why they only gave me six dollars back- they said it was a computer mistake and would fix it. THEY DIDN'T. Arbonne is kind of shady......

I have a friend who sells Arbonne, so I thought I'd try this foundation. I have very oily, acne prone skin and this foundation just didn't cut it. At first, I thought it looked okay, but the coverage was moderate, not enough for me, and after an hour of wear, I had an oily sheen across my face, accenting the very flaws I was trying to cover up! The color was too dark-I ordered the lightest color they offer. I am back to using my HG, Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is great for people looking for full, lasting coverage. I think this foundation would be good for people with drier skin, those not needing too much coverage.

on 9/9/2006 1:36:00 PM

I really like most of Arbonne's products but this is one that misses the mark, in my opinion.

Pros: FANTASTIC kabuki brush comes with the powder. It's almost worth the price by itself, I think. The powder is very light and silky. It gives the skin a smooth appearance and doesn't seem to accetuate fine lines and wrinkles as much as some other mineral foundations do. The package the powder comes in is very nice - I like the nice wide top. There is no noticeable fragrance to this powder. Coverage appears more natural than some other mineral foundations as well.

Cons: I know most will not agree with me but I think the color range stinks. I bought 3n originally thinking it would be a neutral, lightish beige but it was so dark I had to return it. Then I ordered the lightest shade, 1c, and first the company sent me 7w - not sure how that happened. When I finally got the right color, which is the lightest one they offer, it was STILL too dark and I couldn't use it. While I haven't been able to get the right color, there doesn't seem to be enough coverage in the foundation to cover trouble spots like I can do with BE. Also, while smooth, it appeared much shinier on me than other powder foundations I've used in the past.

Overall, I think this mineral foundation has the potential to work for a lot of people but it did not work for me, mostly due to coverage and color selection. However, like I said, I got a great brush out of it and am happy with that but, unless it's just for the brush, I will not repurchase. continued >>