Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

3.4

Not tested on animals

on 4/15/2017 4:51:00 PM

I wore this foundation for a few days. It was so shiny - and helped highlight every line and pore. Just awful.

I'm not a fan of powdered foundations but I tried this one and I like the look of it. I use radiant which is a neutral colour. The one thing that bugs me is that these powders can get messy.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I feel like Arbonne tried way too hard to get the sunkissed, glowy look with this and as a result overdid it. It is very shimmery under every lighting. I got it because I was looking to try something other than my Mary Kay mineral foundation but went straight back to my Mary Kay one after trying this. I used this product twice to be completely convinced it's something I can't wear. I don't know if it's any better on more tan skin tones, but for pale types it's definitely not a foundation I recommend.
The upside to the product is cute packaging that seems quite durable.

on 8/8/2011 3:17:00 PM

Great finish! I use this on top of my Armani foundation so perhaps it is too sheer to wear alone???
I like how it isn't completely matte, yet there isn't exactly a shimmer in it. Stays for hours!!! Went to a wedding in 118 degree heat and my face still looked good at 1 am!
Love the arbonne liquid foundation too, waiting for my current to run out so I can pick it up!

on 4/23/2011 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I agree with many of the reviews that i have read about arbonne and disagree with others aswell... their are reasons for why your skin breaks out when using another product especially if you have never used it before considering its botanical aswell... obviously it will lead to a break out! I have to say i have combination skin and have used every single product by arbonne ... i admit i broke out the first few weeks but that was one of the best detox my skin has had in a long time! but i do agree with many when they say it is well over priced for what it comes in! make up brushes are a big NO NO for me with arbonne to harsh on the skin ... doesnt pick up the mineral foundation... and again agree with the lack of color pigment charts that they provide... what i do love about it is that unlike many it was blendable for me..... its definately not a type of make up u can use on the go like the bobbi brown stick foundation but if u have a little time to spare u can achieve that flawless longlasting look with arbonne .... and for those who really think it makes them look greasy etc.... sounds to me like u dont know how to wear ur make up! get yourself a really good setting foundation powder .... even with mineral makeup u need to set that foundation or else it will look greasy and will melt off your face. its all about the setting foundation .... just dust it over and WOW :D will look fab ... no matter how oily based the foundation... this is coming from a former make up artist. oko

on 4/17/2010 10:53:00 PM

I did not like Arbonne's mineral makeup at all! Granted, this was my first experience with loose minerals, but I decided to wait and review after I had tried other loose mineral products. I've now tried Alima, Everyday Minerals, and play around with Bare Escentuals. I can say that Arbonne is my least favorite.

It transfers - badly - even much later in the day the slightest touch will result in makeup transfer (blotting papers, clothes, other people...). Most other minerals seem to "melt" into the skin, but Arbonne's never does.

The color range is very limited, and not forgiving as some brands are (perhaps due to this lack of "melting" quality).

The brush is rough, and sheds badly. I'd rather they just left it out of the price/package!

on 4/16/2008 10:31:00 PM

I just bought this product a little while ago, and so far I have no complaints. The coverage isn't really crazy, but I think it's enough. It evens out my skin & adds a little bit of colour which is nice. Since I was invited to an Arbonne party, it was a little bit harder to pick out the right colour, at first I thought it was too dark, but my friends have told me that they don't even notice, so I guess it's not too bad.
It's pretty pricey, but I was told that it lasts a long time. It's hard for me to say if it's my favourite or not because I haven't tried any other mineral make up foundations. I wouldn't be opposed to trying something like Bare Minerals/Esscentuals (?) I heard many great things about that mineral powder foundation starter kit.
It comes with a kabuki brush which is alright I guess. I'm not a big fan of it but that's just me!
I like how easy it is to put this on and run out the door instead of putting on tinted moisturizer.

I would recommend this product ify ou're looking for mild coverage, nothing too crazy.

I like mineral make-up in general. I started with Bare Minerals and then found Everyday Minerals. A consultant friend gave me this product to use and I'm unsure if I would buy it on my own.

It provides light coverage, even less than other mineral make-ups and left my face, "shinier" than Everyday Minerals. This has worked out ok for winter since my face can use a bit more shine, but I don't think this product would work well for me in more humid conditions.

It comes with a free kabuki brush which is ok. The packaging is a bit easier than Bare/Everyday minerals because it is a larger lid to swirl and buff on. However, it makes this less travel-friendly since it is a bit clunkier.

I wish they had more shade/formula options so I could custmize a bit more. For the price, I will probably go back to Everyday minerals.

on 12/15/2007 5:57:00 PM

Love it! I've been using mineral foundation for the past 4 years. I started with Sheer Cover but didn't stick with it because i have oily skin and i couldn't touch up during the day because it actually left brush strokes on my face. This is not the case with arbonne. Great coverage without feeling like i am wearing a mask. I have patchy and freckled skin, and this stuff covers everything i don't like about myself. best of all, i can touch up in the middle of the day!

on 9/24/2007 7:05:00 PM

LOVE this foundation. No more oily T-zone shine at mid-day! No more compacts to carry! Stays set all day! Looks more natural than liquid! Is more pleasant to put on than liquid! I'll never go back.