Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 11/16/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am so sad that this product is discontinued! I cannot find a color to match my skin as good as the 7w did! Also I love the subtle color & natural flawless coverage this powder gave. If anyone has recommendations on something this better or very similar I would greatly appreciate it!

on 5/7/2008 11:38:00 AM

I like a lot of Arbonne products, but I'm not particularly impressed by their Mineral Makeup Foundation. The color is great, but the coverage is minimal at best, and isn't nearly as good (in my opinion) as Bare Minerals. I also didn't care for their kabuki brush as well as the one that came with my BM set. I'll stick with Bare Minerals in the future!

I have been a faithful user of Bare Minerals since 1998 until now. I have discovered a mineral foundation that gives a better coverage. I love my Arbonne Mineral foundation. My only complaint is the applicator. The new applicator sheds until you get it broke in. other than that no complaints and a now faithful Arbonne mineral user.

on 4/5/2008 4:58:00 AM

I have been using this mineral foundation for about a year, and I love it! I ran out of it, and I suffered while I was waiting for more to come in. People compliment me all the time on how my skin just glows. I noticed a lot of reviews said it was too dark for them, or too shiny. Well, I can't say either because I have darker, med/olive skin and normal skin. For me it is awesome, not too heavy at all. I tried Bare Escentuals once, and it was way too cakey for me so I was skeptical of any type of mineral powder until I tried Arbonne's. People ask me all the time how my skin gets that glow, and it's from the mineral powder. On days when I don't feel my skin looks that great in the morning, I put on my mineral powder and my skin looks fantastic. I also ride horses, and this made it outside when it was hot and humid while I was riding! LOVE it!

I've not used mineral makeup before, my sister was using another mineral makeup brand and was about to run out. She swears by mineral foundation, and ordered this at an Arbonne presentation. This foundation is awesome. I tried it, and have never worn foundation to where I didn't feel too "made up". I ordered some and its the BEST decision I've made; I'll never use liquid foundation again.

The coverage is great, but it feels and looks like you don't even have foundation on! I set the foundation after applying blush and eyeshadow with Arbonne's loose powder. It lasts all day until I take it off at night -- no need to touch up during the day. I even have mild rosacea and don't have to reapply the foundation as I normally did when wearing liquid foundation.

I'd absolutely buy again!

on 9/9/2006 1:36:00 PM

I really like most of Arbonne's products but this is one that misses the mark, in my opinion.

Pros: FANTASTIC kabuki brush comes with the powder. It's almost worth the price by itself, I think. The powder is very light and silky. It gives the skin a smooth appearance and doesn't seem to accetuate fine lines and wrinkles as much as some other mineral foundations do. The package the powder comes in is very nice - I like the nice wide top. There is no noticeable fragrance to this powder. Coverage appears more natural than some other mineral foundations as well.

Cons: I know most will not agree with me but I think the color range stinks. I bought 3n originally thinking it would be a neutral, lightish beige but it was so dark I had to return it. Then I ordered the lightest shade, 1c, and first the company sent me 7w - not sure how that happened. When I finally got the right color, which is the lightest one they offer, it was STILL too dark and I couldn't use it. While I haven't been able to get the right color, there doesn't seem to be enough coverage in the foundation to cover trouble spots like I can do with BE. Also, while smooth, it appeared much shinier on me than other powder foundations I've used in the past.

Overall, I think this mineral foundation has the potential to work for a lot of people but it did not work for me, mostly due to coverage and color selection. However, like I said, I got a great brush out of it and am happy with that but, unless it's just for the brush, I will not repurchase. continued >>