Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

2.3

Not tested on animals

on 4/15/2017 4:51:00 PM

I wore this foundation for a few days. It was so shiny - and helped highlight every line and pore. Just awful.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I feel like Arbonne tried way too hard to get the sunkissed, glowy look with this and as a result overdid it. It is very shimmery under every lighting. I got it because I was looking to try something other than my Mary Kay mineral foundation but went straight back to my Mary Kay one after trying this. I used this product twice to be completely convinced it's something I can't wear. I don't know if it's any better on more tan skin tones, but for pale types it's definitely not a foundation I recommend.
The upside to the product is cute packaging that seems quite durable.

on 2/13/2011 3:46:00 PM

Loved this foundation! Be sure you are using a makeup primer & use a mineral powder brush apply in a circular motion.

I was expecting a lot from my first Arbonne purchase. First of all, it is very difficult to even fit a brush into the sifter area. The opening is too small. This foundation doesn't cover all that well, even for a mineral foundation. It didn't last very long at all. I'm pretty disappointed to be honest.

on 4/17/2010 10:53:00 PM

I did not like Arbonne's mineral makeup at all! Granted, this was my first experience with loose minerals, but I decided to wait and review after I had tried other loose mineral products. I've now tried Alima, Everyday Minerals, and play around with Bare Escentuals. I can say that Arbonne is my least favorite.

It transfers - badly - even much later in the day the slightest touch will result in makeup transfer (blotting papers, clothes, other people...). Most other minerals seem to "melt" into the skin, but Arbonne's never does.

The color range is very limited, and not forgiving as some brands are (perhaps due to this lack of "melting" quality).

The brush is rough, and sheds badly. I'd rather they just left it out of the price/package!

on 4/20/2007 12:45:00 PM

I have been using mineral makeup for a while now. So I decided to try Arbonne. I ordered the lightest shade, and it was still a little dark. I tried it anyway after I tanned a bit. I put it on in the morning for work and by lunchtime it had turned orage. I don't even have oily skin! I looked like an oompa-loompa. The only redeeming quality of this experience was the great kubuki-style brush. Other than that, try bare Escentuals, Larenim, or Philosophy to avoid looking like an oompa-loompa. ** I called Arbonne to return the product and first they wouldn't talk to me because I was not the rep. I said I AM THE CUSTOMER! They didn't care. I paid about $25 for the powder, and they refunded me about $6. i called and asked why they only gave me six dollars back- they said it was a computer mistake and would fix it. THEY DIDN'T. Arbonne is kind of shady......

I have a friend who sells Arbonne, so I thought I'd try this foundation. I have very oily, acne prone skin and this foundation just didn't cut it. At first, I thought it looked okay, but the coverage was moderate, not enough for me, and after an hour of wear, I had an oily sheen across my face, accenting the very flaws I was trying to cover up! The color was too dark-I ordered the lightest color they offer. I am back to using my HG, Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is great for people looking for full, lasting coverage. I think this foundation would be good for people with drier skin, those not needing too much coverage.

on 10/30/2006 1:50:00 PM

I had tried a sample of Bare Escentuals and was not crazy about it, I felt that it did not have enough coverage for me. My cousin had an Arbonne party so I decided to purchase this and give it a try. First all the good stuff; coverage is just what I wanted, sheer but covered the flaws, it has no scent, did not break me out (and everything breaks me out) and comes with its own kubuki brush so there is no need to purchase one. Now the bad stuff; the color range is horrible. The rep was just starting out in her business so she didn't have samples to try which made buying the right shade difficult. The price is a little steep but it does come with the brush so that does even it out. You have to purchase thru a rep, which I hate. And lastly the color transfers a little, this may be the case with all mineral mu but this was really the first one that I have tried. If I blot during the day, I will see the mu coming off. I will repurchase and get the lightest shade.

on 9/9/2006 1:36:00 PM

I really like most of Arbonne's products but this is one that misses the mark, in my opinion.

Pros: FANTASTIC kabuki brush comes with the powder. It's almost worth the price by itself, I think. The powder is very light and silky. It gives the skin a smooth appearance and doesn't seem to accetuate fine lines and wrinkles as much as some other mineral foundations do. The package the powder comes in is very nice - I like the nice wide top. There is no noticeable fragrance to this powder. Coverage appears more natural than some other mineral foundations as well.

Cons: I know most will not agree with me but I think the color range stinks. I bought 3n originally thinking it would be a neutral, lightish beige but it was so dark I had to return it. Then I ordered the lightest shade, 1c, and first the company sent me 7w - not sure how that happened. When I finally got the right color, which is the lightest one they offer, it was STILL too dark and I couldn't use it. While I haven't been able to get the right color, there doesn't seem to be enough coverage in the foundation to cover trouble spots like I can do with BE. Also, while smooth, it appeared much shinier on me than other powder foundations I've used in the past.

Overall, I think this mineral foundation has the potential to work for a lot of people but it did not work for me, mostly due to coverage and color selection. However, like I said, I got a great brush out of it and am happy with that but, unless it's just for the brush, I will not repurchase. continued >>