Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

3.4

Not tested on animals

on 4/15/2017 4:51:00 PM

I wore this foundation for a few days. It was so shiny - and helped highlight every line and pore. Just awful.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Hated this stuff. Leaves an awful shimmery sheen. I tossed mine right into the garbage. Overpriced, too

on 5/20/2010 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Let me start off by saying that I have very oily acne prone skin. I went to an Arbonne party that a friend of mine was having, the rep made it seem like this was going to perform miracles for me, she was very high pressure and pretty much forced me to order this! She sold me the primer and the mineral powder. This stuff is NOT cheap!

I received my order about a week and a half later. The first day I tried it I was not impressed. The primer feels good going on your skin, however I found that it really broke my skin out (this is all on day 1!) The mineral powder is not buildable and has a slight orange tint to it. By around 10am I was looking greasy already, more than usual for some reason. I found myself having to re-apply this 3 or 4 times. By the end of the day I resembled an old lady, the powder had melted off in some areas and settled in others. This lady keeps pressuring me to have a party, needless to say I will not be having one! This product failed to live up to the price and the inconvienence of having to wait for it. If you are looking for a good mineral powder I suggest BE matte!

on 4/17/2010 10:53:00 PM

I did not like Arbonne's mineral makeup at all! Granted, this was my first experience with loose minerals, but I decided to wait and review after I had tried other loose mineral products. I've now tried Alima, Everyday Minerals, and play around with Bare Escentuals. I can say that Arbonne is my least favorite.

It transfers - badly - even much later in the day the slightest touch will result in makeup transfer (blotting papers, clothes, other people...). Most other minerals seem to "melt" into the skin, but Arbonne's never does.

The color range is very limited, and not forgiving as some brands are (perhaps due to this lack of "melting" quality).

The brush is rough, and sheds badly. I'd rather they just left it out of the price/package!

on 4/20/2007 12:45:00 PM

I have been using mineral makeup for a while now. So I decided to try Arbonne. I ordered the lightest shade, and it was still a little dark. I tried it anyway after I tanned a bit. I put it on in the morning for work and by lunchtime it had turned orage. I don't even have oily skin! I looked like an oompa-loompa. The only redeeming quality of this experience was the great kubuki-style brush. Other than that, try bare Escentuals, Larenim, or Philosophy to avoid looking like an oompa-loompa. ** I called Arbonne to return the product and first they wouldn't talk to me because I was not the rep. I said I AM THE CUSTOMER! They didn't care. I paid about $25 for the powder, and they refunded me about $6. i called and asked why they only gave me six dollars back- they said it was a computer mistake and would fix it. THEY DIDN'T. Arbonne is kind of shady......

on 12/1/2006 8:09:00 PM

I'm not being entirely fair here since I haven't even tried the foundation yet but it just came in the mail WITHOUT the Kabuki brush (which was one of the main reasons I purchased it). When I contacted Arbonne about it, I was told that the brush does NOT come with the product and must be purchased separately. I am pissed!!!! I don't know how previous reviewers got their brush with purchase. Maybe Arbonne changed their policy. I don't know and I'll probably call back and argue some more but, since I bought it under another "consultant's" name, SHE will have to call and argue with them. Something about Arbonne just feels like such a scam!

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I feel like Arbonne tried way too hard to get the sunkissed, glowy look with this and as a result overdid it. It is very shimmery under every lighting. I got it because I was looking to try something other than my Mary Kay mineral foundation but went straight back to my Mary Kay one after trying this. I used this product twice to be completely convinced it's something I can't wear. I don't know if it's any better on more tan skin tones, but for pale types it's definitely not a foundation I recommend.
The upside to the product is cute packaging that seems quite durable.

on 12/2/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do sell Arbonne because I like to get the discounts on the products I do like but am not fond of their make-up. I thought this made my oily skin look too greasy and shiny and after wearing it for several hours turned my skin orange.

I have a friend who sells Arbonne, so I thought I'd try this foundation. I have very oily, acne prone skin and this foundation just didn't cut it. At first, I thought it looked okay, but the coverage was moderate, not enough for me, and after an hour of wear, I had an oily sheen across my face, accenting the very flaws I was trying to cover up! The color was too dark-I ordered the lightest color they offer. I am back to using my HG, Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is great for people looking for full, lasting coverage. I think this foundation would be good for people with drier skin, those not needing too much coverage.

I like many of Arbonne's products. I think they are of very high quality and I've seen them work for other people. I tried this mineral makeup and didn't like it. Number one, the color was wrong and that's never good. The biggest problem was the big sparkles that showed up on my face when I wore it. It has bismoth oxychloride in it and I was way too shiny. But in all fairness, it looks good on some other people I know. I gave mine away to a friend and she looks wonderful. I, on the other hand looked ready to disco!!!