Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

Arbonne Mineral Makeup Foundation

3.4

Not tested on animals

Let me begin by referencing the MMU's I've bought before this: Urban Decay, Phys. Form, L'Oreal, Iredale, BMinerals, Everyday Minerals, Illuminaire, Colorscience, Sheercover (still a fave), GlowMinerals, Youngblood, etc etc etc.

SO< you can see I sorta know my MMups.

This is Best In Class. NO settling into lines. Comes with a kabuki brush, a lovely finely milled texture, fantastic believable coverage, OH, and color selection. Comes in warm, cool and neutrals= 15 shades!

PS: yes. I am an Arbonne rep... NOW! After finding this, how could I not get excited and want to sell it and tell the world... :) Try the Re-9 Skincare and the mascara, too. Will not disappoint.

JLH

I fell in love when my best friend/arbonne rep applied this. Bought it, then noticed a strange itching and stinging. Found on MUA that Arbonne, as well as BE, uses a filler called bismuth oxychloride and many people react to it. My skin is not sensitive but it doesn't like this. Also the lightest color Arbonne sells will be several shades too dark when my summer color fades. I am now an Everyday Minerals convert. No bismuth, $12 for the same amt. Arbonne sells for $34, and more color choices. Sorry, but this is too much to overlook even for my BF!

on 9/9/2006 1:36:00 PM

I really like most of Arbonne's products but this is one that misses the mark, in my opinion.

Pros: FANTASTIC kabuki brush comes with the powder. It's almost worth the price by itself, I think. The powder is very light and silky. It gives the skin a smooth appearance and doesn't seem to accetuate fine lines and wrinkles as much as some other mineral foundations do. The package the powder comes in is very nice - I like the nice wide top. There is no noticeable fragrance to this powder. Coverage appears more natural than some other mineral foundations as well.

Cons: I know most will not agree with me but I think the color range stinks. I bought 3n originally thinking it would be a neutral, lightish beige but it was so dark I had to return it. Then I ordered the lightest shade, 1c, and first the company sent me 7w - not sure how that happened. When I finally got the right color, which is the lightest one they offer, it was STILL too dark and I couldn't use it. While I haven't been able to get the right color, there doesn't seem to be enough coverage in the foundation to cover trouble spots like I can do with BE. Also, while smooth, it appeared much shinier on me than other powder foundations I've used in the past.

Overall, I think this mineral foundation has the potential to work for a lot of people but it did not work for me, mostly due to coverage and color selection. However, like I said, I got a great brush out of it and am happy with that but, unless it's just for the brush, I will not repurchase. continued >>

on 10/2/2006 4:23:00 PM

I was a die-hard Bare Minerals user, but I thought that I would give this a try. I really like it! It is more light-weight than BM, but the coverage is close to the same. It goes on smoothly and doesn't look heavy. I personally us the C1 color (lightest they make) and it works well for me and I used "fairly light" in BM. I LOVE the kabuki that comes with this make up. Very soft and good quality!

on 10/30/2006 1:50:00 PM

I had tried a sample of Bare Escentuals and was not crazy about it, I felt that it did not have enough coverage for me. My cousin had an Arbonne party so I decided to purchase this and give it a try. First all the good stuff; coverage is just what I wanted, sheer but covered the flaws, it has no scent, did not break me out (and everything breaks me out) and comes with its own kubuki brush so there is no need to purchase one. Now the bad stuff; the color range is horrible. The rep was just starting out in her business so she didn't have samples to try which made buying the right shade difficult. The price is a little steep but it does come with the brush so that does even it out. You have to purchase thru a rep, which I hate. And lastly the color transfers a little, this may be the case with all mineral mu but this was really the first one that I have tried. If I blot during the day, I will see the mu coming off. I will repurchase and get the lightest shade.

on 12/1/2006 8:09:00 PM

I'm not being entirely fair here since I haven't even tried the foundation yet but it just came in the mail WITHOUT the Kabuki brush (which was one of the main reasons I purchased it). When I contacted Arbonne about it, I was told that the brush does NOT come with the product and must be purchased separately. I am pissed!!!! I don't know how previous reviewers got their brush with purchase. Maybe Arbonne changed their policy. I don't know and I'll probably call back and argue some more but, since I bought it under another "consultant's" name, SHE will have to call and argue with them. Something about Arbonne just feels like such a scam!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've never tried Arbonne products before or any other mineral foundation. I'm assuming that all mineral foundations are pretty much similar. I have oily skin and large pores that I try very hard to make look smaller. The mineral foundation seemed to accentuate the pores around my nose for some reason and my t-zone. The color was a fine match, but it brought out all the wrong things. I was going to give up on it, but I decided to try a regular matte loose powder with a light dusting of the foundation over top. It turned out really great. My skin looked healthy, yet I was able to avoid the spots with the large pores. I will only use this foundation unless I have a matte powder underneath first.

I absolutely, positvely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this foundation!! I had tried Jane Iredale mineral powder foundation in the past and hated it. It seemed to show every wrinkle and line on my face, even if I didn't know they existed. So when my friend, an Arbonne consultant, said I should try this foundation, I said NO WAY! However, she ended up bringing it over and just left it with me. I tried it the next day and it was fantastic. I love the light feeling of using a powder rather than a cream or stick foundation and whatever is in it reflects the light and makes my face look so smooth. I can't imagine using any other foundation now.

I like many of Arbonne's products. I think they are of very high quality and I've seen them work for other people. I tried this mineral makeup and didn't like it. Number one, the color was wrong and that's never good. The biggest problem was the big sparkles that showed up on my face when I wore it. It has bismoth oxychloride in it and I was way too shiny. But in all fairness, it looks good on some other people I know. I gave mine away to a friend and she looks wonderful. I, on the other hand looked ready to disco!!!

I have a friend who sells Arbonne, so I thought I'd try this foundation. I have very oily, acne prone skin and this foundation just didn't cut it. At first, I thought it looked okay, but the coverage was moderate, not enough for me, and after an hour of wear, I had an oily sheen across my face, accenting the very flaws I was trying to cover up! The color was too dark-I ordered the lightest color they offer. I am back to using my HG, Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is great for people looking for full, lasting coverage. I think this foundation would be good for people with drier skin, those not needing too much coverage.