no images

price range

Reviews

fromhdbnsc

Oct/24/2005

I have come back to this product a few times and should probably never stray. I can almost always count on a decent hair day with this. I have thin fine naturally curly hair that can be tempermental. This product works on both wet and dry hair. 1/2 a pump covers it all. I may never switch again.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

Feb/15/2005

This is a pretty good, moderately priced salon gel. I definitely prefer it to most gels that I have used, and the price is right, at about $6. The smell is inoffensive, the texture is slightly runny (which I prefer), and it gives my hair pretty good hold all day long. I would buy this again.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinDry

HairRed

2.0

Feb/14/2005

This gel promised control and friz taming even when I blow dry. Perhaps if you dump have the bottle. A regular amount only dried my hair and provided minimal hold and friz tame. I would rather pay $2.00 for Suave, as it worked about the same and lets you save money. Try a sample before you commit to the full 8 oz.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBlack

Oct/09/2004

So far this is the best product I've found for keeping my thick, curly, frizz-prone hair under control. The pump bottle is very convenient, the texture is easy to work with (not too thin, not too thick), the smell is nice and subtle. It dries a little crunchy, but the crunch scrunches out easily, and leaves a nice shine. Holds up to humidity better than most. But, I could still use a bit …Read more

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBrown

Jun/07/2004

this is my HG styling product. i have naturally curly hair that is very thick. this gel completely defines my curls and holds them all day.

this is also the only gel that resists humidity in the summer. i love it, i'm on my 5th bottle.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

HairBlond

Sep/04/2003

One of my staple products. I can't live without this stuff. Unbelievable hold without stiffness or crunch (unless you really load it on). Not so liquidy that it slips out of your hand, but light enough for simple application. It is a clear gel (well, a tinted gel) so it doesn't leave flakes or residue. It is really cheap too. You can probably find some for about $1.00 per ounce. …Read more

About reviewer (102 reviews)

HairBrown

3.0

Jan/16/2003

This gel was very mediocre in my opinion. It has a nice scent and ok hold. However, I don't think it worked too differently than cheaper drup store brands, such as Citre Shine Making Waves. I would probably not purchase it again.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBlond

2.0

Mar/04/2002

This was my holy grail gel for a while, as it does provide excellent definition and control to curly hair. However, when my hair began to break and frizz after overprocessing with highlights, etc., I closely examined all of my products and saw that this gel contains denatured alcohol. Since I switched to an alcohol-free gel, I have noticed that I battle split ends and the frizzies less often.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

Age25-29