Jordana Cosmetics Baked Eye Shadow

Filtered by eye Color : Green

asdasd

This is a review for Jordana's Baked Eye Shadow, I only have in the color Sand Dune but it's one of my all time favorite shadows. I discovered it about a year ago when I first discovered Jordana cosmetics. It's a lighter shimmery gold/brown color that I like to put all over the lid for a simple eye look paired with a subtle brown eyeliner. I find the pigmentation is good but will intensify if you apply them wet. As with many baked shadows that I have tried, I find it easier to apply this with a finger, but dry as it will result in a nice subtle shimmer. I prefer it dry over wet actually because for me applying wet would result in too much shimmer for me personally. I would not consider these to be glittery at all.

ETA - These shadows contain mineral oil as an ingredient. I have a couple face creams with mineral oil that I have used quite a long time with no ill effects but I am leaning towards steering away from any products containing this ingredient going forward. This is just a personal preference though. Therefore, while I really like my Sand Dune I am not sure I am going to grab any others from the collection. The other colors I was eyeing, Orange Shock and Bronze Gala I have similar colors in my BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic palette.

These shadows are around $2.50 and available on Jordana's website. I find these are a very good deal because you get a lot of shadow, 3 grams to be precise (.11 oz). The packaging is simple, nothing fancy but seems to work fine. Are these MAC caliber shadows where you are going to get insane pigment? No, but I find these are great for the simple looks that I migrate towards. If I were to travel somewhere and I could only bring one shadow with me? This would probably be it.

I give these 4.5 stars. I think these are nice shadows for the price, plus they have a nice range of colors from neutrals to brights. Plus they are cruelty free. Jordana is a brand that's not talked about a ton but they are one of my favorite brands and consider some of their products to be holy grail. Their prices are reasonable and their shipping is lightning fast.

Give them a try!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Fabulous matte eye shadow. Peach and sand are great as bases. Smooth and creamy. Long wearing. Not that into the screw top lid. Wish it was packaged better, but so cheap and wonderfull.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I cannot believe the value of these shadows. For 88 cents each (at Drug Emporium), they are a bargain. The quality is just fine for me. The shadows are silky soft, not grainy, and apply easily for me. I have absolutely no creasing with these (I do use an eyeshadow base). The colors I have, (Mint, Terra Cotta, and Peach) are flattering for me, blend easily, and show up well on my skin. I am very impressed with these and will be buying many more. I don't see the need to spend $10 extra dollars for one shadow for a brand name, when I get results like these. Give 'em a try. :)