Jordana Baked Eye Shadow

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

asdasd

This is a review for Jordana's Baked Eye Shadow, I only have in the color Sand Dune but it's one of my all time favorite shadows. I discovered it about a year ago when I first discovered Jordana cosmetics. It's a lighter shimmery gold/brown color that I like to put all over the lid for a simple eye look paired with a subtle brown eyeliner. I find the pigmentation is good but will intensify if you apply them wet. As with many baked shadows that I have tried, I find it easier to apply this with a finger, but dry as it will result in a nice subtle shimmer. I prefer it dry over wet actually because for me applying wet would result in too much shimmer for me personally. I would not consider these to be glittery at all.

ETA - These shadows contain mineral oil as an ingredient. I have a couple face creams with mineral oil that I have used quite a long time with no ill effects but I am leaning towards steering away from any products containing this ingredient going forward. This is just a personal preference though. Therefore, while I really like my Sand Dune I am not sure I am going to grab any others from the collection. The other colors I was eyeing, Orange Shock and Bronze Gala I have similar colors in my BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic palette.

These shadows are around $2.50 and available on Jordana's website. I find these are a very good deal because you get a lot of shadow, 3 grams to be precise (.11 oz). The packaging is simple, nothing fancy but seems to work fine. Are these MAC caliber shadows where you are going to get insane pigment? No, but I find these are great for the simple looks that I migrate towards. If I were to travel somewhere and I could only bring one shadow with me? This would probably be it.

I give these 4.5 stars. I think these are nice shadows for the price, plus they have a nice range of colors from neutrals to brights. Plus they are cruelty free. Jordana is a brand that's not talked about a ton but they are one of my favorite brands and consider some of their products to be holy grail. Their prices are reasonable and their shipping is lightning fast.

Give them a try!

This product is amazing!! I just brought 18 for $15 NZ and I couldn't be happier. The colours are so beautiful and after doing some swatches on my hand I saw they were bucket pigmented and took a bit of rubbing to get it off meaning they'll be quite long lasting. The only I could say is the shade "sliver star" is a little bit gritty but that's only because its very glittery. If your looking for high quality eyeshadow that's really cheap, look no further please!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

AMAZING QUALITY! size of stilla eyeshadows

I bought A Jordana single eyeshadow in Wine at the closing of A store for $1.it is sooooo pigmented!I Love it!and it lasts and shows up sooo well,without primer or base!definitley buy it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Another low price brand that can beat high-end products. It goes smooth on my eyes. The colors are very beautiful. High pigmentation for the price. I expect a larger collection of colors from them.

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have about 8 of these and they are all excellent, good pigment, long lasting, not too dusty and only 99 cents.

A very nice, easily blended shadow. The color I got, Mint, was sheer but also easy to layer. I have some doubts about the lasting power--at the end of the day, all I could see was a faint shimmer left and nearly none of the color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I cannot believe the value of these shadows. For 88 cents each (at Drug Emporium), they are a bargain. The quality is just fine for me. The shadows are silky soft, not grainy, and apply easily for me. I have absolutely no creasing with these (I do use an eyeshadow base). The colors I have, (Mint, Terra Cotta, and Peach) are flattering for me, blend easily, and show up well on my skin. I am very impressed with these and will be buying many more. I don't see the need to spend $10 extra dollars for one shadow for a brand name, when I get results like these. Give 'em a try. :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My local dollar store carries this line. While I love the clear lipgloss, I find everything else to be a bit lacking in quality. The shadows are very sheer and chalky and, at least on me, they apply unevenly and sometimes streaky. I tried several shades and have not been pleased with them at all.

so affordable, great packaging -- and lovely colors! i have terra cotta which is absolutely beautiful on my skincolor this time of year. my dollar store is running low on these, but i plan to go in this weekend, whihc is when they're getting their new shipment...a great investment for great color! totally try one...(or two, or three, or six...)