MAC Cosmetics Pro Lash in Black

MAC Cosmetics Pro Lash in Black

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is TERRIBLE. Honestly, the cheapest mascara I own is 10 times better than this one. When it comes to mascaras, stick to your favorite drugstore brand. They are much better than any higher end mascaras that I have ever used.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I found this mascara at a Cosmetics Company Outlet, so I thought I'd go ahead and buy it, since I believe this particular mascara is either discontinued, OR it's just hard to find. So I was able to buy it for way less than the retail price is.

It's a really good mascara! Most of the time, I am afraid to really try MAC mascaras, because most of them get poor reviews, but this one is great! It just takes patience, and because the brush itself is small, it takes time to work it through the lashes to get each lash to have some product on it. It may take at least two coats to get it where you'd need it to be in terms of length and volume, but it does take some effort.

on 4/26/2012 8:53:00 AM

This mascara is reasonably priced, but I have to say I'm quite disappointed with it. I've been using it for about 2 months now. I found that it dried out really quickly, within a few weeks. I already have long and thick lashes, but it didn't really do anything to them. It's great for a natural look if that's what you're after. I find that the mascara drops within the first 15-30 mins of me wearing it, so I end up with panda eyes. I also clumps. I won't be buying it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My aunt had bought this mascara, but never used it so she passed it on to me. I didn't even try it out until recently, and I'm sorry that I hadn't used it sooner. Though I don't wear mascara often, this is my go to product when I do. It adds volume and separates nicely. I find other mascaras make my eyelashes look like long little sticks just sticking straight up from my eyelids, if you can kind of picture what I mean. But with this, my eyelashes look thick and long -- love this mascara. The only reason I give it 4 not 5 is because the one I am using now is pretty old, so it's a bit flaky and crusty...need to invest in a new one to get the full effect!

i have tried at least 4 different mac mascaras and i hate them all. i am writing a review on this one for all the ones i have tried, prolash, plush lash, dazzle lash, pro longlash. each and every one of them was a disappointment. i have really short eyelashes so i really need a mascara which lenghtens and none of these do. they are so hard to build up aswell adding to its bad points.

This mascara was $12 for me, which costs around the same as a drugstore brand mascara where I live. Pretty good price. The packaging is nice and clean cut. I like the brush it came with and the smell of the mascara. It smells nice, which was a surprise compared to all the other ones I've used.

That being said, although I like this mascara, especially because it is the easiest mascara by FAR to take off (just cleaning your face with water will do the trick), it does not hold a curl. Since I have straight lashes, not curling my lashes is a deal-breaker for me. However, for those girls who have naturally curly lashes, and don't like using makeup remover to clean their eyes every day, I would recommend this.

on 10/18/2009 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara isn't bad, but it is a bit runny for me. I have to use something under my lashes to keep it from smudging to my skin. It is smudge-free though, which makes it quite appealing. The brush is interesting. I use it mostly for my lower lashes because it dark enough.

on 7/31/2009 4:03:00 AM

i've never encounter clumps w this mascara. i always roll it in between my hands -sort of to warm it up, by doing this, not only u r warming it up but you're actually mixing well all the ingredients togather! for natural i apply 2 coats. but for more volume i apply LOTSA coats. i love the wand. really lengthens my lower lashes. :) but i hv teary eyes(when i laugh) this is nt waterproof so it tends to smudge.

on 7/29/2009 10:51:00 AM

I had originally bought Plush Lash and hated it. It clumped and didn't do anything for my lashes besides clump them together which made them look small. I went out and bought Loreal Extra Volume Collagen.
I also took Plush Lash back to the MAC store and exchanged it for Pro Lash.
IMPROVEMENT!
Pro Lash, separates and thickens my thin lashes. I like volume - so the best advice is to not lay it on too thick on your first coat, otherwise your lashes will all stick together. You really have to have a light hand with MAC mascaras. I've never been a fan of them since the early Zoom days of clump-o-rama and vowed to never go back. I did on a whim and was disappointed with Plush, however I'm transformed now that I've tried Pro Lash. I'll probably buy again. I do really like the Loreal too - even the MAC makeup artist asked what mascara I was using!

this did not WOW me. save your money and buy a drug store brand you will be much happier. at 12 dollars you would think it would do more then act like an ordinary mascara. becareful where you put it. it started to leak out and got all over my other make up. the brush is way to big too.