Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.3

on 7/29/2014 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used this product for tight lining my water line only and absolutely love the dark black color and its ability to last all day which is important since I work in a restaurant for nearly 12 hours a day and need my makeup to last. I do enjoy this product but will only buy in small travel sizes if available since it dries out so fast. Another negative aspect of this product is that it dries up extremely thick and hard on whichever brush you use with this gel liner.

***Smashbox is no longer cruelty free so I will not be repurchasing****

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am pleasantly surprised by this product. I received this in Sephora's "Draw the Line" eyeliner sampler package, included full-size. It's on the dryer side compared to other gel liners i've tried, but that's likely b/c of the waterproof formula. Overall, I find this to be quite long lasting and not as smudgy as other reviewers have mentioned. I also find myself being able to create some flattering eye looks w/ this liner- can't quite pinpoint what it is about it, but I really like how my eye makeup turns out when I use this product compared to other products. Perhaps it's because it dries down matte, not shiny, so it lends itself to a more casual, soft look. That being said, it retails at $22, more than twice the price of my favorite drugstore gel liner, L'oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner. Do I think it's twice as good? Naw. But I would buy this again in the "Draw the Line" sampler package, which I bought for $28.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Yuck this eyeliner is supposedly marketed as being able to stay in the water line which it totally did not! I hate it it's going back. MAC fluid line

on 2/5/2011 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only gel liner that I've ever owned and i feel ripped off. Its so dry that I cant even get it on the brush that I bought for it. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

on 8/6/2009 2:50:00 AM

So glad I finally got around to buying this liner. I've been in search for an eyeliner that really is water and smudge proof because I have very watery eyes. And this takes the cake. I love how Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils are super creamy but they tend to smudge within an hour when applied to my waterline, but with the Jet Set liner, I am good for the whole day. It's quite expensive, as with most Smashbox products, but I use this only on my waterline so even though you have to pay 22 bucks for a very small pot of product, I think it's still worth it and will no doubt repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is by far my HG liner at the moment. It goes on smooth and with my angle brush, makes the best thin tightline ever. I'm normally not a waterproof girl because of removal and irritation, but this comes off effortlessly with my eye makeup remover and my eyes never tear. I've had this a few months and the pot hasn't dried out like my fluidline did-even though the cap was screwed on tightly. I can't wait until my MAC Inky liquid liner is gone so I can try Jet Set in Navy Blue.

on 8/4/2008 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Seems like this product has reviews from people who really love it or really don't like it. I'm one of those that really love this product. I use it almost everyday and before I started using this, I was using Maybelline's waterproof liquid eyeliner. The nice thing about this Smashbox eyeliner is that you can smudge it a bit unlike a liquid eyeliner which goes on very boldly. I apply the eyeliner with Smashbox's #21 eyeliner brush which is recommended for this product. I find that it goes on very very smoothly and stays on forever. I've even slept with this stuff on and it still looked great in the morning (I don't recommend sleeping with make up on though-I just found myself in that predicament sometimes). I've cried with this stuff on too and it didn't run at all so it is very waterproof. For the ladies that had it dried out, I find that around 3 months into the product if you use it every day or so, it will start to dry out and you need to buy a new one at that point. The new pots apply very smoothly. I won't be giving up on this product anytime soon!

***UPDATE*** Okay, I read the bad reviews on here and saw that there were suggestions for MAC fluidline or L'Oreal HIP cream liner. My Smashbox cream liner was drying out and I needed another one so I decided to get the L'Oreal HIP cream liner since some ladies said that the colour is more intense than the MAC fluidline. Well, well, lets just say that I'm now addicted to the L'Oreal HIP cream liner. The brown one works perfect (you can read my review on it). I also bought the black one which is terrific but it's more intense than the black Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner; so I only use the black one at night. I highly recommend the L'Oreal product over this one because (1) it actually has more staying power when I tested it in running water (although the Smashbox one has always stayed on well for me) (2) when I curl my eyelashes after applying the Smashbox liner, some of the liner does transfer onto my eyelash curler but this is not the case with the L'Oreal HIP liner (3) the L'Oreal product is much creamier than the Smashbox one so I find it more smudgeable however it does set to dry in about one or two minutes (4) L'Oreal HIP liner was $15.99 CDN while the Smashbox one is $28 CDN.
So I won't be buying this Smashbox liner again. The only problem is trying to find the L'Oreal HIP liner in Toronto Canada. You can get it at the Shoppers Drug Mart at Yonge and College which is open 24 hours, but it took me like 4 or 5 different stores to discover this.

on 5/13/2008 11:18:00 PM

I bought this eyeliner with the angled brush and I used it a couple of times and now it has been banished to the box of junk under my sink. This product is not very creamy and once I actually got some onto the brush, it was practically dry before I even got it on my eyelid. Once on my eyelid, it started flaking within an hour. We're talking *big* chunks of it getting into my eye. Tried it on my waterline and it ended up looking like crackled paint within another hour. Would not buy this again.

on 1/24/2008 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! It doesn't smudge and stays put. I'm not sure if i would buy item again since it's so expensive.
EDIT: I really like this eyeliner for lining my waterline but not for lining my eyes because it flakes and gets in my eyes. I use fluidline to line my eyes instead. I would buy it again, it's worth the price.

on 12/11/2006 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

As a big eyeliner fan who has always used a pencil liner in the past, I was anxious to try this when I first saw it on QVC. I have never really liked the Smashbox cream eyeliners as I find them difficult to apply with the "special" brush and technique and they smudge under my eye like everything else. For $34.54, this came with a bent eyeliner brush that I love. You can just buy the eyeliner pot for $22.00. I have always used a dark brown liner in the past as I think that black liners can sometimes look too harsh and severe especially if applied in a thick line, but this black was wonderful. It still smudged under my eyes like the rest I had tried, but not as badly. For the price, I think that it is expensive and I would not buy it again simply because I have discovered MAC eyeliner gels which beat everything else out there. I am grateful to Smashboc and QVC because I never would have discovered the MAC product if I had not first dipped my feet in the water with this product.