Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

2.8

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Good product and I would have given this 5 lippies if it weren't for the price and the flaws of the OLD packaging.

I have the Smashbox Jet Set gel liners in both their old and new packaging. Because of the packaging change sale, I got the Black, Bronze, and Navy for only $9. I would suggest though, that you should shell out a couple more bucks for the new packaging because they are not as dry as the one in the old packaging. My Deep Ivy, which I got on full price, seems softer and creamier than the other ones I have in old packaging. Must be because the newer packaging is more airtight.

Texture wise, Smashbox is on the dry side. I had to warm the product with my Sigma E05 brush before I put it on. It's a little trickier to apply in comparison to my Maybelline one, but the Smashbox is good for the waterline. It does NOT budge at all. Yesterday I put it on at 11am, and when I got home it was still there at 1am. Maybelline is good and cheap, but I always get panda eyes after 3 hours when I do my waterline.

on 11/27/2013 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is one of the worst gels I've ever used! I do not have anything close to oily lids, but this eyeliner was all over the place within an hour. Smudging, transfer, fading, you name it, it did it. So sad because I usually like Smashbox

on 11/22/2012 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Smashbox Waterproof Eye Liner in Black is a decent eyeliner.

Pros:
It doesn't smudge
The consistently is smooth
It's easy to apply
It's great for subtle looks
It is waterproof

Cons:
It's not quite as black as I hoped

I love my liners as black as they can be and this one just didn't cut it. However, on me it is great when I don't feel like doing anything to my eye except lining and applying mascara. I gave it four stars because although it is not super dark, the liner does what is says.

on 8/28/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is horrible! Flaky, expensive, and zero color payoff-no thanks!

on 8/26/2011 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this, its a slightly drier consistancy than MAC fluidline, and does come in a smaller container, but it seems to do its job well. It stays on and doesn't smudge or smear around, and lasts all day. Just be sure to put the cap on tight so that it doesn't dry out.

on 8/21/2009 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This was disappointing. Wouldn't stay on my lower water line. At first I thought it was great, but when i looked 30 minutes later it was gone. Great for the top lash line though. I switched to L'oreal Hip instead.