Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.7

This has to be the worst waterproof eyeliner I've tried so far. Originally I bought it to use on my waterline & tightline. I gave up on that because it pulled at my skin while applying, went on in clumps, or barely at all & was gone in less than an hour. I kept it around to use as a regular eyeliner under false lashes. Last night I lined all the way around my eyes with it and it looked pretty good until I went to the restroom. It had drifted into the corners of my eyes and all the way down to the tops of my cheeks. I looked ridiculous. I have very dry skin, so I usually don't worry about having to set my makeup with powder, especially a waterproof eyeliner, but if I ever use this again I know I will have to pat a black powder liner over it or else it will be everywhere. This should definitely not be sold as a waterproof liner. Maybe in the stick form it is better, or maybe I got a bad batch, but I do not have anything good to say about this product.

on 9/19/2010 12:40:00 AM

The first time I opened and used this product I loved it. I used it maybe 3 or 4 times before it completley dried out. It came with an angled brush which worked well but once the eyeliner was dry the brush would just rub over the top of the rock hard liner and do nothing. I tried adding water to it, but nothing could save it. Save your money, dont waste it on this product!!

on 7/16/2010 12:31:00 AM

Such a great eye liner. You can use it for so many techniques. I line my water line (inner rim) with this liner. I have read some reviews where other become frustrated because they only get half way around the lid and the product dries. What you need to do is redip your brush into the product and keep going. It is the only waterproof line that stays all day on my waterline. It also is a must for the perfect smoky eye. You can simply smudge it into the lash line and blend it upward into the crease. Blend shadow and voila! The perfect smoked out look. If you feel like the all black smoky look is too severe for you, try mixing in a deep burgundy or plum shadow to soften the look. I have blue/grey eyes and the definition from this product makes the color pop.

I love this eyeliner! It stays on and lasts forever. The liner even stays on the water line, definitely a must have for the smoky eye!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have used wet-liners only before this fantastic invention hit my brain. I love wet-liner look due to the dramatic effect. When I bought this it was because of two things:

- Smashbox is PETA proof which means the world to me

- Because I needed a waterproof alternative.

I asked the SA if it would give a "wet-look" result, she promised and therefore I bought it along with a brush.

The way it glides on keeps you in control at all time, no mess. It is very easy to apply and I recommend this with all my heart if you want a great result. It stays on during very heavy Norwegian weather - remember to use a good make-up remover.

Goes on smooth, stays on all day! I haven't tried many other cream eyeliners.. but I love this one. I don't try to put it in my waterlines...I just don't think it's a good idea to put a cream or liquid into your waterlines. But I love it! It's pricey but it lasts FOREVER.

on 1/11/2010 3:46:00 AM

amazing stuff! I use this every day on my waterline and it lasts all day! i dip my Urban Decay 24/7 liner in zero in the jet set liner instead of using a brush and it stays put and so far..mine has no signs of drying out and ive had it about 3 or 4 months! will definately be buying more when i run out!!

on 10/19/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this product on my waterline almost everyday for over a year. I just bought a new one because it is drying out. The color is very pigmented and it stays on my waterline all day long!!! It gives a very dramatic, dark, sharp line. I love the look this product gives my eyes. I can't believe this is not liked better! It is my favorite liner for my waterline ever! The only super dark one that stay put I have come across. HG status!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I can't believe that this product only has a 3.4 rating and a 50% 'buy again' rate!! This is the BEST eyeliner that I've ever tried. EVER.

Black liners are best friends. 95% of the year, I use black eyeliner. I mean, who doesn't love a black-lined eye to finish a look? I have used many waterproof liners before. I'd apply around my makeup around 8:00 or 9:00 a.m., and every day, around 4 or 5 p.m., I'd see a curve of black underneath both eyes. I used to think that it was from my mascaras, but after I bought this liner, I realized -- it was from my liners!

This liner stays vibrantly black ALL DAY. You never have to re-apply it. It doesn't fade or come off. The formula is creamy, and I really like how easily it glides on your eyelids.

Words of advice: After you take the open the product from pot to apply the formula, close the pot -- even between eyes, and even it it's just going to be for a minute. Since it's waterproof, if you leave the cap open, the formula will dry out. Also, wash your brush right after you apply this liner. It will make your brush completely stiff if you don't wash it and if you let it dry on the brush. I did this by accident once, and the next day, I stuck the brush into the liner pot, and it peirced through the product. The brush was completely hard. I was able to clean it, and it wasn't permanent, but it slightly ruined my liner pot.

This works great for me, as it stays on all day, doesn't fall out, doesn't smudge or budge, and stays vibrant. Mind you, I don't ever line my waterline, so I can't tell you how it performs there. I don't look good with under-eye liner.

I would definitely recommend this liner, and I would definitely re-purchase!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This liner is pretty nice. I use it on my waterline and have noticed it "wash away" soon after application, but I have found that if you hold your eyelid down and away from your eyeball right after applying to the waterline and let the air dry it a bit before letting go, it stays put longer. I apply it with Sonia Kashuk's bent eyeliner brush. I've had it for 5 months now and still no dry out.