Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

2.0

on 10/1/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Its a gift from friend & since I'm looking for waterproof eyeliner to tight line my upper eye, I thought this was a godsend. Now, the texture look creamy but it is not super smooth when apply. It doesn't stay long & it smeared & run about 3 - 4hrs of wearing. Waterproof......I call this nonsense. It also irritate my eye (I wear contact lenses) after an hour or more of wearing. By end of the day, I can visibly see the eyeliner transfer down to my lower inner waterline. Save your money on this one......NOTHING WORK AS STATED ON THE BOX.

on 12/2/2007 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

I was a devotee of Smashbox cream liner. Stayed on great, went on smoothly , but it was a soft black to me. Lacked the depth of MAC.
I tried MAC Fluidlines, and didnt love it. It goes on w/o the opportunity to really play with it. Stays on pretty well and is nice and black. but seemed to both flake and smear a bit.
Now I tried Smashbox waterproof. i got the deep black I wanted,got the better staying power and better depth, but I dont know, something about it I dont love. So far I think it's the best of the ones I have tried. I prefer cream liner to pencil and this stays incredibly well on my waterline.
UPDATE 1/14/08: reduced my product rating. It tends to crumble off and irritate my eyes. It's great on the waterline, yes, but the way it dries during application give me no time to really alter and smoke out my liner. So it might be worth hanging on to for waterline only (and it does indeed come across as super black black) but I'll take the regular formula instead