Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Recently ran out of my Urban Decay Liquid Eyeliner and haven't had the chance to restock. Been using this gel liner w/an ELF eyeliner brush. This came in my Sephora's "Draw the Line" eyeliner kit from Christmas and I just recently gotten around to testing this gel liner out. I live in humid Florida so I normally stick with the waterproof liquid liners and I had serious doubts that a gel liner would hold up in the Florida heat but I was pleasantly surprised that this did hold up. It provides a nice smoldering smokey eye look. Pretty creamy. I haven't tested this out in the sweltering theme parks yet. But it does it's job when I run around town doing errands. Trust me, walking from your car to building will leave your makeup melting in seconds thus I always stick with waterproof liquid liners and tinted moisturizers.

The only con is that it does smudge a bit or maybe it was my mascara I'm not entirely sure. I had pretty low expectations for this but it manages to stay put for most of the day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Disappointed in this product. I was expecting something that would really work on the waterline, or with "allergy eyes"...especially after watching QVC where they used this on the models and sang it's praises. Yet, somehow what I got was $22 worth of smudgy, smeary crap. This ALWAYS smudges under my eyes.
Now that isn't to say it's completely gone from my waterline. There will still be some spots of it stuck like glue in places, but most of it is under my eye. It's not a becoming look on me.
You might have better luck, but to me it's just a mediocre gel liner (in a very small container!) that I could spend half the amount of money on at the drug store. It's a nice dark creamy black, but that's about all it has going for it in my book. I won't buy it again, and I've already passed this on down to my teenage daughter.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I got this eyeliner in a set from Sephora that includes many other black eyeliners. While it's not a disastrously unusable eyeliner, it's definitely not my favorite. I used to own Sephora's cream liner and that definitely was better than this one in terms of consistency. Maybe I just got an older or more dried out pot, but this hasn't been very easy or smooth to apply. And often when I'm applying it, tiny pieces flake off and go into my eye or under my eye, which is messy and annoying. Because of this, it takes me longer to put this on in the mornings. In terms of staying power, it's not horrible, and doesn't transfer on my upper eyelid, but it does transfer a bit to my under eye area, even if I just lined my upped eyelids, which means I have to check for smears under my eyes during the day. I haven't used anywhere near the whole pot, but I'm thinking of just not using it anymore and going back to pencil or liquid eyeliner.

I got mine in the Sephora Draw The Line kit, and personally I like it a lot. Many other eyeliners transfer on the inner corner of my eyelid (I have very hooded Asian eyelids/not monolids though), so I get dark inner corners all the time. This one didn't budge all day, even through a nap and going out in the rain.
The only con is that you really need to apply a second coat or it isn't dark enough.. It's also quite a bit drier than other cream eyeliners, but I'll put up with the extra coat for all day staying power :)

on 4/21/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this stuff thinking that it would be a good one. It sucked! I got raccoon eyes only after like an hour or so. I had to keep looking in the mirror to make sure i didn't look scary! I wouldn't buy it again. It was really hard to apply and was kinda of cakey. You have to drag your brush a few times to get enough liner on your brush. I returned it the next day!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Yuck this eyeliner is supposedly marketed as being able to stay in the water line which it totally did not! I hate it it's going back. MAC fluid line

I like this eyeliner. It really is waterproof and it lasts all day. I like the look it gives me. Very clean and very polished look and very black. I just wish it kept its creamy texture longer. After you open the container, it loses its creaminess after about 6 months. You need a very stiff brush to apply this just right. Smashbox says that you can put this in your waterline but it really irritates my eyes every time I do. The little container is going to last me forever! Be careful with your container though...I have broken one in half when I dropped it.

on 2/27/2011 11:05:00 PM

Using the "tightlining" technique for cream eyeliner, I went on a search for a good cream eyeliner that was waterproof and smudge-proof for applying my upper waterline. Seeing good reviews on this eyeliner, I purchased it and I can say I'm fairly impressed. Before, I used Urban Decay's 24/7 Eyeliner that would smudge on me and be gone when the day was through and I was using eye makeup remover. However, with Smashbox, there was still black eyeliner on my remaining upper waterline at the end of the night and smudging was inevitable at the outer corners of my eyes. Nonetheless, I was not hoping for a "smudge-proof miracle worker" as tightlining, water that is produced in the eye is bound to touch and smudge the product. Thus, I was not disappointed nor was I wow-ed. It's a decent eyeliner that lasts for me yet requires touchup or fixing, as any cosmetic product would. =] It's a staple until I find a truly smudge-proof cream eyeliner for my tightlining!

on 12/15/2010 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favourite creamy eye liner. I have this colour in Midnight black. I cannot compare it to the MAC fluidline because I donít have any, but I do can compare it to the MUFE aqua creamliner.
This eyeliner has a very creamy texture. Itís easy to apply on your eyelid or your waterline and it stays!! I like the small jar it comes in because itís very small but itís full of product. You have to be very lighthanded when getting the product with the brush, because you just need a very tiny bit to line your eyes.
I will repurchase again in in the future when I happen to find a Smashbox counter. I used to find it at Sephora, but they are not selling Smashbox anymore in Spain, so I have to wait, buy it online, or swap for this.

This is my first gel/cream liner and i love it ... of coarse i don't have another brand to compare to it to. But as it is i really like it. It doesn't smudge on me and i use it on the waterline since it's waterproof and it stays a lot longer then my kohl pencil in smolder from mac. I wouldn't say it lasts all day but i'd say about 4 or 5 hours on my waterline! Which is the main reason i like it so much ... i have had this for about 4 months and i see no signs of drying out ... I will update this when or if it does. I will try a different brand once this is gone like MAC blacktrack or Bobbi Browns gel liner, just to try others. If they don;t work i'll for sure go back to this one.