Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.4

It's a stay put eyeliner that's for sure, but it's EXTREMELY hard to remove or fix liner without ruining the eyeshadow and it dries very very fast so it just starts flaking off if you try to work with it .. you have to be very confident with liner to be able to do this very fast and make sure the pot is always closed, so you have to scoop out product but not work with the product open.

I prefer mac fluidline MUCH more .. bit of a bust I must say

on 2/5/2014 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Paid $30 at Ulta for this eyeliner and it is the worst eyeliner I have ever used. It smudges very badly. I do not recommend buying this product

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Recently ran out of my Urban Decay Liquid Eyeliner and haven't had the chance to restock. Been using this gel liner w/an ELF eyeliner brush. This came in my Sephora's "Draw the Line" eyeliner kit from Christmas and I just recently gotten around to testing this gel liner out. I live in humid Florida so I normally stick with the waterproof liquid liners and I had serious doubts that a gel liner would hold up in the Florida heat but I was pleasantly surprised that this did hold up. It provides a nice smoldering smokey eye look. Pretty creamy. I haven't tested this out in the sweltering theme parks yet. But it does it's job when I run around town doing errands. Trust me, walking from your car to building will leave your makeup melting in seconds thus I always stick with waterproof liquid liners and tinted moisturizers.

The only con is that it does smudge a bit or maybe it was my mascara I'm not entirely sure. I had pretty low expectations for this but it manages to stay put for most of the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Awful. Unfortunately one of the worst eyeliners I've ever had. It smudges really badly, sometimes dries out and little specks go all over your face and leave little lines. Also does not age well, very short lived "fresh" wise. Suddenly I found myself needing to STIR the pot to make it moist again and I'm very good about my makeup. Waste of $22. I'm sad to leave such a poor review.

I got mine in the Sephora Draw The Line kit, and personally I like it a lot. Many other eyeliners transfer on the inner corner of my eyelid (I have very hooded Asian eyelids/not monolids though), so I get dark inner corners all the time. This one didn't budge all day, even through a nap and going out in the rain.
The only con is that you really need to apply a second coat or it isn't dark enough.. It's also quite a bit drier than other cream eyeliners, but I'll put up with the extra coat for all day staying power :)

on 1/26/2012 11:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This eyeliner is great the first few weeks after I open the package. I make a habit of closing the container tightly but for some reason I feel like it dries out by the 3rd month. Wetting my eyeliner brush seems to help but I wish it would stay fresh longer. The only reason why I would buy this product again is because it's one of the better gel liner readily available in the US. My favorite gel eyeliner is from a Japanese company called KATE. It never seems to dry out. Unfortunately, I have to order this online or wait till someone goes overseas.

on 12/8/2011 11:05:00 PM

I really like this gel eyeliner. I apply it after nars primer and it stays on for about 10-12 hours! I've tried the mac gel eye liner but there is no comparison. The container will lasts almost a whole year.

on 12/6/2011 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

When I first tried this product, it went on smoothly and looked great. But after a couple of months, it became harder and harder to get any product onto my brush. They gel dried out before I could even get half way through the pot. I will not repurchase this and will definitely go back to pencil and liquid liners for sure.

I've tried so many gel/cream liners.... this is one of my 2 favourites: it's amazingly black and it takes longer that other to dry. Worthed.

on 10/29/2011 3:16:00 PM

i really enjoy this gel liner. i was previously using sephora brands and it would constantly smudge, run, and smear. this fixed all of those problems. it doesn t smudge and stays on until you take it off. i wish it had a bit more product and was a bit cheaper, but overall i'm very happy with it. i've had it for almost 2 months now and i use it nearly every day, although i only use it on my upper lashes and pencil on my waterline. even after plenty of use, there's more than half left. i definitly recommend.