Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Awful. Unfortunately one of the worst eyeliners I've ever had. It smudges really badly, sometimes dries out and little specks go all over your face and leave little lines. Also does not age well, very short lived "fresh" wise. Suddenly I found myself needing to STIR the pot to make it moist again and I'm very good about my makeup. Waste of $22. I'm sad to leave such a poor review.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm going to have to disagree with most the the reviews on this product. This is my FAVORITE eyeliner for tight lining.

There is nothing more that I hate in this world than going into the bathroom after having been at school for an hour and my tight line has not only vanished, but migrated under my eyes, making me look like a zombie!!

I have eyes that are on the drier side and don't take we'll to tight lining, as I also wear contacts on a daily basis.

After buying this little beauty I won't leave the house without a bit of it on. This liner REALLY lasts on me with little to no smudging at the end of the day. I don't really use it for my eyelid itself as I find that makes my small eyes look that much smaller. But in my tightline it works great!!

UPDATE: This deserves more than 5 lippies. My waterline eats eyeliner no matter what I do. I decided to be brave today and see if this would stay put. I applied it in my tightline AND waterline with a flat liner brush (Sephora #25) at around 9 this morning and it is still on my eyes at almost 9 in the evening! It does not look as flawless, it has faded a bit at my outer corner but it has not lost any of it's intensity! Besides in the outer corners of my eyes, the liner has stayed put and has stayed black. HG STAMP OF APPROVAL.

UPDATE #2: Still loving this eyeliner. Recently got the Real Techniques fine liner brush and I cannot stop wearing cat eye liner! The brush makes it so easy and this liner just glides on! It is a super intense black without being even the tiniest bit glossy, it has that perfect matte finish! It has dried out a tiny bit but that is easily fixed by a quick warm-up under a blow dryer to soften the product again :)

on 2/5/2011 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only gel liner that I've ever owned and i feel ripped off. Its so dry that I cant even get it on the brush that I bought for it. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

on 11/15/2010 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lord I thank you for sending this little gem my way! AMEN!!! This is so damn good, I don't know how I ever lived without it prior to its release! I've had it for I think 2 years, maybe longer & I have SOOO much left. I use this on my waterline only but I still use this every day. Hasn't dried up & doesn't budge! Love it! So dark & easy to use, even washing it off isn't hard when used with makeup remover or olive oil. Best thing smashbox has ever introduced to humanity!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have used wet-liners only before this fantastic invention hit my brain. I love wet-liner look due to the dramatic effect. When I bought this it was because of two things:

- Smashbox is PETA proof which means the world to me

- Because I needed a waterproof alternative.

I asked the SA if it would give a "wet-look" result, she promised and therefore I bought it along with a brush.

The way it glides on keeps you in control at all time, no mess. It is very easy to apply and I recommend this with all my heart if you want a great result. It stays on during very heavy Norwegian weather - remember to use a good make-up remover.

on 8/7/2009 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG liner. I have lined my waterline since I started wearing makeup, and I have always used pencils that are not made to go on the waterline so I was super excited to try something that was specifically for the waterline and was water proof. The day that I got this I put it on and about an hour later I got all upset and started crying and I am telling you this stuff was not budging. I knew right then that this was my liner. I don't use it as a traditional liner I only use it on my waterline so this will last me for a good long time. I am going to buy the Deep Blue color and the Dark Brown too. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

In my quest for the perfect smokey eye product, this product has worked it's way into my top category. I'm really impressed with it's consistency, as most gel eyeliners are too liquidy for me to use and I cannot blend easily for a smoked out line. This product does the job. I'll do one eye at a time, smudge with either a q-tip, finger, or brush and then go over the line again for more impact. I seem to use quite a bit of this product per application, though that could just be my heavy hand. But this LASTS. Through crying, a workout, sleep. Only thing though it fades when I used it in conjunction with shadows. Not sure about the shelf life of this product, though for the great product i'm getting I'm not really concerned with that at present. Easy to tightline with. It's the easiest product I've worked with to date. Would definitely repurchase. Will update as time goes on.

I don't rate this product at all. The brush was awful, the angle made application difficult and didn't seem to apply the product evenly. The actual liner dried really quickly and flaked off into my eye...which wasn't all that pleasant! Finally, the liner dried up in the pot after a couple of weeks and couldn't be used again.

on 2/27/2008 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After seeing this on QVC and reading the reviews here, I ended up buying it from Nordstrom (for ease of returns) with the #21 brush. I think the combo was around $45. I have used kohl liner (MAC Smolder) on my inner eyes for years, so I was used to product being there and applying it.This stuff is really fabulous!! I have not had any problems with smearing or running and it lasts all day long and removes easily with MAC eye makeup remover. I do get a couple of dried eyeliner bits in my eye if I don't wipe my brush off before I use it.The first day I used the liner, I wasn't very happy with the coverage since it was really nothing like the kohl liner but I happily discovered that after closing my eye to put on shadow - when I opened it, I had perfect coverage. So now I just put enough on my upper and lower inner rims to get some color and squeeze my eyes shut and it's perfect. I am not too crazy about the packaging - I hope the liner doesn't dry out before I get to the bottom of the jar. The brush itself is okay - seems a little cheap to me because it is already shredding, but the angle is perfect. I am going to see if MAC or Laura Mercier makes a similar brush. Otherwise, I will definitely repurchase and I hope they make it in a bunch of different colors eventually. If you're new to the inner eye liner business, just be patient, it's so worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

While I like this, and use it a lot, I will not repurchase due to the fact that there are other quality gel liners the are much more affordable. This is $22, and the Loreal' HIP is half that and just as good. I have had this jet set for aabout 6 months, and have used almost half the tiny jar with pretty regular use. The consistency has definitely changed - it is a lot harder now, I guess this is the "dried up" phenom I've heard about. It does still stay all day, but it is harder to apply. Use caution if you plan to pile this on heavily: I did use a ton of this for a party this summer, and as the night wore on, it balled up and came off my eyes. I had a super thick line with really big wings - nothing halloweenish, but more than regular day or night wear.