Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.4

on 2/5/2014 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Paid $30 at Ulta for this eyeliner and it is the worst eyeliner I have ever used. It smudges very badly. I do not recommend buying this product

on 12/15/2010 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favourite creamy eye liner. I have this colour in Midnight black. I cannot compare it to the MAC fluidline because I donít have any, but I do can compare it to the MUFE aqua creamliner.
This eyeliner has a very creamy texture. Itís easy to apply on your eyelid or your waterline and it stays!! I like the small jar it comes in because itís very small but itís full of product. You have to be very lighthanded when getting the product with the brush, because you just need a very tiny bit to line your eyes.
I will repurchase again in in the future when I happen to find a Smashbox counter. I used to find it at Sephora, but they are not selling Smashbox anymore in Spain, so I have to wait, buy it online, or swap for this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at ulta around september and ive been using it everyday ever since. it really is a miricle product! its so easy to use, i can apply it to both eyes in under a minute with the angled brush and it looks so flawless. i would recomend this to anyone! it stays on the whole day and donest smudge. AT ALL :)

on 10/30/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm onto my third pot of Midnight Black so far and I'm yet to get thru half the pot before it dries up like a piece of clay! Smashbox really need to change the packaging or else put less in the jar so there's less wastage.
Besides this common complaint, I have nothing but glowing things to say about this liner. I have watery, sensitive eyes that react to even eye products designed for sensitive eyes/contact lens wearers. I can wear Jet Set on a daily basis on the inner rim and my eyes never react. This is the only liner I have found that is actually waterproof too. I've tried Stila's Smudge Pot and it doesn't stay on the inner rim very long for me.
It can be a bit tricky to get a thin, even line when using this on clients as you have to be pretty firm with the brush to prevent dragging, skipping and blobbing. But if you load the brush up and sort of twirl it as you go along it helps.
I love using Smashbox's #28 brush because it's quicker and more forgiving than the thin #21 arced liner. I find I have more success creating even lines with the 'push and wiggle' technique too.
I love this liner and will be using it for as long as it's still being produced!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This product worked wonderfully at first and stayed put. The black was also very dark. However, just after a few uses, it dried out completely and was unusable! Recommend Maybelline's gel eyeliner thats the same exact pot size but is wayy cheaper and does not dry out at all

on 3/9/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, the same review for jetset in black as for the brown one. I want to love it! I love the look, on the waterline, but it doesn't stay put and ends up deposited in the corners of my eye. Get the angled brush though, highly recommend the brush!

on 8/23/2009 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved the dark pigment of this liner and the staying power. I could apply this in the morning and it would stay perfect until I removed it at night. I am very disappointed with the product overall because it dried out in two months. I made sure that I closed it tight after each use and it still dried out. The eye liner than became rough and flaky, the flakes would irritate my contact lenses.

I rather buy a cheaper liner and replace it every two months if necessary, than spend the money on smashbox.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my first eye liner product that does not come in the form of a pencil or stick-type thing so it's pretty hard to compare to other ones. From my experience, it's not a bad product. I apply this with the MAC 208 or 210 brush and it does its job. I find, though, that it doesn't apply onto the skin that 'smoothly' and it requires a bit with of work BUT I think I know why this is the case. One time, I came home and I found the jar without the lid on it! It was most definitely my mom lol. I think this kinda dried it out which is why it doesn't apply so nicely =( It's pretty pricey - I believe it was around $30 for the pot. On the plus side, it is veryyy long lasting for me and it is definitely waterproof. I wouldn't purchase again cause I'm going to try MAC's fluidline. It had good reviews and its cheaper !

on 3/5/2009 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like the pigment but the lasting power is not very good. It lasts until like mid day and then it starts to look faded and smudged. The price is too pricey for its results.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Would I buy this product again? YES! In fact I have bought it over and over again because there is nothing on the market that is better then this little black jar of liner. Worlds apart from their other inferior cream liners, the JET SET stays on the inner rim of your eyes, it does not smudge or run. It's easy to apply with the right brush (I prefer the flat edged square synthetic brush, and it doesn't have to be a smashbox brush, by the way).
DO NOT LEAVE THE TOP OFF OF THIS JAR. It will dry up and be unuseable. There is no way to rehydrate it (I've tried!). If you keep the lid tight on this product it will not dry up on you, promise. I have had mine for 5 months!
If you like deep blues, there is a beautiful shade of blackish-blue jet-set as well!