Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

2.7

on 12/8/2011 11:05:00 PM

I really like this gel eyeliner. I apply it after nars primer and it stays on for about 10-12 hours! I've tried the mac gel eye liner but there is no comparison. The container will lasts almost a whole year.

on 10/29/2011 3:16:00 PM

i really enjoy this gel liner. i was previously using sephora brands and it would constantly smudge, run, and smear. this fixed all of those problems. it doesn t smudge and stays on until you take it off. i wish it had a bit more product and was a bit cheaper, but overall i'm very happy with it. i've had it for almost 2 months now and i use it nearly every day, although i only use it on my upper lashes and pencil on my waterline. even after plenty of use, there's more than half left. i definitly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG of all eyeliners. I think my eyes are my best feature so I always try to play them up to the dramatic. I line my eyes out with a cat eye effect and the eyeliner never smudges. I am completely impressed! I've even had people ask me what kind of liner I use because they are impressed that it never smudges or runs.

PROS:
- LASTS ALL DAY!
- easy to apply
- smooth texture

CONS:
- price was $22
- pot is small in comparison to others
- no brush included

For those who had trouble with flaking, I found that if I keep my brush clean then I didn't have any problems with flaking. I noticed that if I let product buildup on my brush that it caused a lot of flaking. So far I haven't had any problem with it drying out. I have also used the Napoleon Perdis gel liner and had a horrible problem with it drying out and clumping! So far my Smashbox one has stayed creamy. I have also used Sonia Kashuk gel liner and it goes on nice and smooth, but it doesn't have the staying power that the Smashbox has. It's so hard to get excited about trying another brand of gel liners because the Smashbox is so good!

I found this to be much better at lining the waterline than Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero. It is waterproof and does not smudge. It lasts for as long as I want it to. I would buy it again but don't think I need to anytime soon. The pot lasts forever!

on 8/7/2009 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as part of one of their glam box sets with the arced liner #21 i think. At first, this little pot of eyeliner is HG status all the way! It's black, the consistency isn't too thick and it's very fluid. The colour is rich, it's a matte black. It sets really fast and does not budge from the waterline! It's truly amazing. However, if you really like a crazy dense line on the waterline for the wole day, you MAY need to reapply as the liner fades a bit. My only gripe about this liner is that it dries up WAY too quickly! I know this is a problem with waterproof liners but I was shocked at how fast it went. Maybe I'll close it tighter next time around, but mine has since dried and shrunk in size = ( boo.So my overall rating for the product itself is 5, price is reasonably expensve at 4 and packaging quality is given a 3 (i hope they can make it better than a screw top jar). I would and WILL buy this liner again! Give it a shot!

on 5/6/2010 2:58:00 PM

This has been my HG liner for quite a while now. I use the small side of my Bare Escentuals Double-Ended Shaping brush to apply and love the nice deep black which stays where I put it until I cleanse it off. Cleanses off with ease as compared to other waterproof products.

My only gripe about the product is that it does seem to sell out at Sephora and Ulta (especially after a QVC showing) and that I never use even half of the product before it dries out. A little goes a very long way and I have yet to be able to use anywhere near all of the product before having to replace which is why I took off 1 lippie on overall rating.

on 3/7/2010 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first gel eyeliner. I bought a set on QVC which included the black and brown gel eyeliner and the bent eyeliner brush. I like the color of the brown gel eyeliner better than the black, because the color black was just too harsh on me. With that said, I've been using the black one more often just because it goes on more smoothly. The brown gel eyeliner was too dry and clumps easily. Now that I've had these for awhile, the black one is starting to get a little dry too and I haven't even gone through half of it yet. I'm going to try Bobbie Brown's gel eyeliner next.

on 5/21/2009 1:54:00 PM

i normally go for pencil liners - for the basic purpose of ease and control - and only occasionally do i wear liquid liners. i've never tried cream or gel liners before so i thought i'd give the smashbox waterproof eye liner a shot and i ended up loving it. the consistency is smooth and using an angled eye liner brush, it was so easy to apply. the cream liner puts you in control - you can apply as much or as little as you want, depending on how dark/thick you want to line your eye. the best part is the liner stays put and doesnt crease - plus i dont get the raccoon eye look by the end of the day! the price was a tad bit steep but you actually get quite a lot of product.

I've had this for two days and so far so good! It barely smudges on my waterline 'watery' eyes, except for the lower lash outer corner.. It lasts all day otherwise and the colour is rich! Just too pricey for my liking.. I use my Quo angled brush with it and I have great results!

on 6/4/2007 2:04:00 PM

Overall this is not a bad liner. I used it in the inner rim of the eyes, where I would normally put my MAC Powerpoint pencil in some brown shade. When comparing the two, MAC took far less time, because of the jet set you have to put it on the brush and what not. Another thing that I don't like is the brush to apply it with, I mean its alright but not worth the trouble. I wipe my on a towel before I use it again and its just a pain. Also sometimes I get little bits of old dried up liner in my eyes and it is not a pleasant feeling. Also I wish it came in brown, because I have brown eyes and light to medium brown hair and I don't think that black eyeliner does anything for me.