Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.5

I've tried so many so called waterproof gel liners and by far (hands down) the Jet Set is my favorite liner. I get a lot of brides as clients and waterproof and smudgeproof liners are REALLY critical. Once it's on the eyelids, it doesn't flake off or transfer to the lower lids and I love this brand for that. I haven't found anything even remotely close when it comes to staying power. But… I have had it for about 6 months now and have gone through more than half (a little goes a long way) but I have noticed that it's getting dry. And harder to apply… I do wish Jet Set had the consistency of MAC Fluidline and Inglot Gel Liners but none of those are waterproof/smudgeproof!

on 12/28/2010 8:44:00 PM

This is only my second pot eye liner. I have oily lids, so I was not hopeful. I got this as part of a larger set. I used an angle eye liner brush (just out local Canadian drug store brand - Shopper's Drug Mart), with just a very few strands of a brush. IT LOOKED FABULOUS. Even my husband, who is oblivious to these things, noticed something was "different and good". The liner stayed put, even through some sweating, and I loved the sheer and flawless look. I may go an buy another colour.

This is my first gel/cream liner and i love it ... of coarse i don't have another brand to compare to it to. But as it is i really like it. It doesn't smudge on me and i use it on the waterline since it's waterproof and it stays a lot longer then my kohl pencil in smolder from mac. I wouldn't say it lasts all day but i'd say about 4 or 5 hours on my waterline! Which is the main reason i like it so much ... i have had this for about 4 months and i see no signs of drying out ... I will update this when or if it does. I will try a different brand once this is gone like MAC blacktrack or Bobbi Browns gel liner, just to try others. If they don;t work i'll for sure go back to this one.

on 11/17/2010 10:26:00 PM

I love this eyeliner! Its application is easy, very pigmented, and smudge free. Living in the desert things dry out quicker than in other climates. Mine has been fine for a year and a half....after using a pencil liner for a couple of months I noticed when I opened the pot that it looked as if it were drying. I took the skinny end of a brush handle and mixed it up and viola.....its fine. If you ask yourself how long a normal liner would last this is honestly a great investment for the amount of time they last. I would never suggest adding things to a liner that is dried out, but don't judge a book by its cover because it may just be the top layer appearing dry. I have this in both brown and black, love them both equally.

on 9/28/2010 11:05:00 AM

I have this eyeliner in the color "midnight black." I have been using this eyeliner everyday for about two weeks now. This eyeliner is pretty long lasting, it does not smudge (Mac's gel eyeliner smudges on me after about 3 hours), and it's also waterproof like it claims (the eyeliner is still dark and intact after splashing my face with water at the end of the day). The only other two cream/gel eyeliners that I've used in the past were the Mac Fluidline and Bobbie Brown gel liner and they both smudges much more on me than this one, I guess I have really oily eyelids. I do normally wear an eye primer before using this but on some days when I don't wear the primer, it still doesn't smudges as much as the other two. I actually bought this liner before reading the reviews here! I'm glad that I did though since I may not have buy this after reading the review. It's too soon yet to see if my liner pot is gonna dried out yet, but I'm being careful in that whenever I open my eyeliner pot to use it, I would placed it upside down on the table so that the opening is cover while I draw my eyes.

on 4/29/2010 10:07:00 AM

I have used this product for months now. My eyes are naturally watery, so I was surprised when I used this product. It actually stayed onto my inner lash line, and did not run or glide into my eye. Its very easy to put on, especially with the angled eyeliner brush. Great product stays put, and as long as you close the lid really tight this product will last forever!!

Goes on smooth, stays on all day! I haven't tried many other cream eyeliners.. but I love this one. I don't try to put it in my waterlines...I just don't think it's a good idea to put a cream or liquid into your waterlines. But I love it! It's pricey but it lasts FOREVER.

on 1/11/2010 3:46:00 AM

amazing stuff! I use this every day on my waterline and it lasts all day! i dip my Urban Decay 24/7 liner in zero in the jet set liner instead of using a brush and it stays put and so far..mine has no signs of drying out and ive had it about 3 or 4 months! will definately be buying more when i run out!!

This was the first gel-like eyeliner I bought and really like it.
I use it on my waterline and find that it lasts all day long but, at the end of the day I can remove it without effort.
True black and good pigmentation.

on 8/6/2009 2:50:00 AM

So glad I finally got around to buying this liner. I've been in search for an eyeliner that really is water and smudge proof because I have very watery eyes. And this takes the cake. I love how Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils are super creamy but they tend to smudge within an hour when applied to my waterline, but with the Jet Set liner, I am good for the whole day. It's quite expensive, as with most Smashbox products, but I use this only on my waterline so even though you have to pay 22 bucks for a very small pot of product, I think it's still worth it and will no doubt repurchase.