Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.3

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Good product and I would have given this 5 lippies if it weren't for the price and the flaws of the OLD packaging.

I have the Smashbox Jet Set gel liners in both their old and new packaging. Because of the packaging change sale, I got the Black, Bronze, and Navy for only $9. I would suggest though, that you should shell out a couple more bucks for the new packaging because they are not as dry as the one in the old packaging. My Deep Ivy, which I got on full price, seems softer and creamier than the other ones I have in old packaging. Must be because the newer packaging is more airtight.

Texture wise, Smashbox is on the dry side. I had to warm the product with my Sigma E05 brush before I put it on. It's a little trickier to apply in comparison to my Maybelline one, but the Smashbox is good for the waterline. It does NOT budge at all. Yesterday I put it on at 11am, and when I got home it was still there at 1am. Maybelline is good and cheap, but I always get panda eyes after 3 hours when I do my waterline.

on 11/27/2013 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is one of the worst gels I've ever used! I do not have anything close to oily lids, but this eyeliner was all over the place within an hour. Smudging, transfer, fading, you name it, it did it. So sad because I usually like Smashbox

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I got this eyeliner in a set from Sephora that includes many other black eyeliners. While it's not a disastrously unusable eyeliner, it's definitely not my favorite. I used to own Sephora's cream liner and that definitely was better than this one in terms of consistency. Maybe I just got an older or more dried out pot, but this hasn't been very easy or smooth to apply. And often when I'm applying it, tiny pieces flake off and go into my eye or under my eye, which is messy and annoying. Because of this, it takes me longer to put this on in the mornings. In terms of staying power, it's not horrible, and doesn't transfer on my upper eyelid, but it does transfer a bit to my under eye area, even if I just lined my upped eyelids, which means I have to check for smears under my eyes during the day. I haven't used anywhere near the whole pot, but I'm thinking of just not using it anymore and going back to pencil or liquid eyeliner.

on 11/22/2012 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Smashbox Waterproof Eye Liner in Black is a decent eyeliner.

Pros:
It doesn't smudge
The consistently is smooth
It's easy to apply
It's great for subtle looks
It is waterproof

Cons:
It's not quite as black as I hoped

I love my liners as black as they can be and this one just didn't cut it. However, on me it is great when I don't feel like doing anything to my eye except lining and applying mascara. I gave it four stars because although it is not super dark, the liner does what is says.

on 10/1/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Its a gift from friend & since I'm looking for waterproof eyeliner to tight line my upper eye, I thought this was a godsend. Now, the texture look creamy but it is not super smooth when apply. It doesn't stay long & it smeared & run about 3 - 4hrs of wearing. Waterproof......I call this nonsense. It also irritate my eye (I wear contact lenses) after an hour or more of wearing. By end of the day, I can visibly see the eyeliner transfer down to my lower inner waterline. Save your money on this one......NOTHING WORK AS STATED ON THE BOX.

on 9/19/2010 12:40:00 AM

The first time I opened and used this product I loved it. I used it maybe 3 or 4 times before it completley dried out. It came with an angled brush which worked well but once the eyeliner was dry the brush would just rub over the top of the rock hard liner and do nothing. I tried adding water to it, but nothing could save it. Save your money, dont waste it on this product!!

on 7/18/2010 3:53:00 PM

Its waterproof and doesnt leak. The con is that it drys up really fast and it becomes clumpy and hard to apply

on 10/19/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this product on my waterline almost everyday for over a year. I just bought a new one because it is drying out. The color is very pigmented and it stays on my waterline all day long!!! It gives a very dramatic, dark, sharp line. I love the look this product gives my eyes. I can't believe this is not liked better! It is my favorite liner for my waterline ever! The only super dark one that stay put I have come across. HG status!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I can't believe that this product only has a 3.4 rating and a 50% 'buy again' rate!! This is the BEST eyeliner that I've ever tried. EVER.

Black liners are best friends. 95% of the year, I use black eyeliner. I mean, who doesn't love a black-lined eye to finish a look? I have used many waterproof liners before. I'd apply around my makeup around 8:00 or 9:00 a.m., and every day, around 4 or 5 p.m., I'd see a curve of black underneath both eyes. I used to think that it was from my mascaras, but after I bought this liner, I realized -- it was from my liners!

This liner stays vibrantly black ALL DAY. You never have to re-apply it. It doesn't fade or come off. The formula is creamy, and I really like how easily it glides on your eyelids.

Words of advice: After you take the open the product from pot to apply the formula, close the pot -- even between eyes, and even it it's just going to be for a minute. Since it's waterproof, if you leave the cap open, the formula will dry out. Also, wash your brush right after you apply this liner. It will make your brush completely stiff if you don't wash it and if you let it dry on the brush. I did this by accident once, and the next day, I stuck the brush into the liner pot, and it peirced through the product. The brush was completely hard. I was able to clean it, and it wasn't permanent, but it slightly ruined my liner pot.

This works great for me, as it stays on all day, doesn't fall out, doesn't smudge or budge, and stays vibrant. Mind you, I don't ever line my waterline, so I can't tell you how it performs there. I don't look good with under-eye liner.

I would definitely recommend this liner, and I would definitely re-purchase!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like that this is true black, but it dries too quickly on your eyes to blend/soften anything so it could look unnatural. I wouldn't recommend this for school/work, it's more of a night time liner for me