Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm going to have to disagree with most the the reviews on this product. This is my FAVORITE eyeliner for tight lining.

There is nothing more that I hate in this world than going into the bathroom after having been at school for an hour and my tight line has not only vanished, but migrated under my eyes, making me look like a zombie!!

I have eyes that are on the drier side and don't take we'll to tight lining, as I also wear contacts on a daily basis.

After buying this little beauty I won't leave the house without a bit of it on. This liner REALLY lasts on me with little to no smudging at the end of the day. I don't really use it for my eyelid itself as I find that makes my small eyes look that much smaller. But in my tightline it works great!!

UPDATE: This deserves more than 5 lippies. My waterline eats eyeliner no matter what I do. I decided to be brave today and see if this would stay put. I applied it in my tightline AND waterline with a flat liner brush (Sephora #25) at around 9 this morning and it is still on my eyes at almost 9 in the evening! It does not look as flawless, it has faded a bit at my outer corner but it has not lost any of it's intensity! Besides in the outer corners of my eyes, the liner has stayed put and has stayed black. HG STAMP OF APPROVAL.

UPDATE #2: Still loving this eyeliner. Recently got the Real Techniques fine liner brush and I cannot stop wearing cat eye liner! The brush makes it so easy and this liner just glides on! It is a super intense black without being even the tiniest bit glossy, it has that perfect matte finish! It has dried out a tiny bit but that is easily fixed by a quick warm-up under a blow dryer to soften the product again :)

I've tried so many so called waterproof gel liners and by far (hands down) the Jet Set is my favorite liner. I get a lot of brides as clients and waterproof and smudgeproof liners are REALLY critical. Once it's on the eyelids, it doesn't flake off or transfer to the lower lids and I love this brand for that. I haven't found anything even remotely close when it comes to staying power. ButÖ I have had it for about 6 months now and have gone through more than half (a little goes a long way) but I have noticed that it's getting dry. And harder to applyÖ I do wish Jet Set had the consistency of MAC Fluidline and Inglot Gel Liners but none of those are waterproof/smudgeproof!

on 12/8/2011 11:05:00 PM

I really like this gel eyeliner. I apply it after nars primer and it stays on for about 10-12 hours! I've tried the mac gel eye liner but there is no comparison. The container will lasts almost a whole year.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't understand why this has such low ratings. I can understand that this liner is much less creamier than most, but it has its advantages. First, let me mention all the cream/gel liners that I have tried. MAC , Bobbi Brown, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Physicians Formula, E.L.F, Femme Couture, Tarte, MUFE, Stila, and BeneFit. Smashbox is the top on my list as far as lasting power. The deal breaker for me is that this liner did not transfer at all on my top lids. That's the problem I've always had with most liners. Smashbox's Jet Set Waterproof liner is super black, and I love it. It's my no brainer go to liner that I can always trust won't fail on me. If you have troubles with smudging, transfer, or running, this is the one for you.

on 10/29/2011 3:16:00 PM

i really enjoy this gel liner. i was previously using sephora brands and it would constantly smudge, run, and smear. this fixed all of those problems. it doesn t smudge and stays on until you take it off. i wish it had a bit more product and was a bit cheaper, but overall i'm very happy with it. i've had it for almost 2 months now and i use it nearly every day, although i only use it on my upper lashes and pencil on my waterline. even after plenty of use, there's more than half left. i definitly recommend.

on 12/28/2010 8:44:00 PM

This is only my second pot eye liner. I have oily lids, so I was not hopeful. I got this as part of a larger set. I used an angle eye liner brush (just out local Canadian drug store brand - Shopper's Drug Mart), with just a very few strands of a brush. IT LOOKED FABULOUS. Even my husband, who is oblivious to these things, noticed something was "different and good". The liner stayed put, even through some sweating, and I loved the sheer and flawless look. I may go an buy another colour.

on 12/15/2010 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favourite creamy eye liner. I have this colour in Midnight black. I cannot compare it to the MAC fluidline because I donít have any, but I do can compare it to the MUFE aqua creamliner.
This eyeliner has a very creamy texture. Itís easy to apply on your eyelid or your waterline and it stays!! I like the small jar it comes in because itís very small but itís full of product. You have to be very lighthanded when getting the product with the brush, because you just need a very tiny bit to line your eyes.
I will repurchase again in in the future when I happen to find a Smashbox counter. I used to find it at Sephora, but they are not selling Smashbox anymore in Spain, so I have to wait, buy it online, or swap for this.

This is my first gel/cream liner and i love it ... of coarse i don't have another brand to compare to it to. But as it is i really like it. It doesn't smudge on me and i use it on the waterline since it's waterproof and it stays a lot longer then my kohl pencil in smolder from mac. I wouldn't say it lasts all day but i'd say about 4 or 5 hours on my waterline! Which is the main reason i like it so much ... i have had this for about 4 months and i see no signs of drying out ... I will update this when or if it does. I will try a different brand once this is gone like MAC blacktrack or Bobbi Browns gel liner, just to try others. If they don;t work i'll for sure go back to this one.

on 11/17/2010 10:26:00 PM

I love this eyeliner! Its application is easy, very pigmented, and smudge free. Living in the desert things dry out quicker than in other climates. Mine has been fine for a year and a half....after using a pencil liner for a couple of months I noticed when I opened the pot that it looked as if it were drying. I took the skinny end of a brush handle and mixed it up and viola.....its fine. If you ask yourself how long a normal liner would last this is honestly a great investment for the amount of time they last. I would never suggest adding things to a liner that is dried out, but don't judge a book by its cover because it may just be the top layer appearing dry. I have this in both brown and black, love them both equally.

on 11/15/2010 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lord I thank you for sending this little gem my way! AMEN!!! This is so damn good, I don't know how I ever lived without it prior to its release! I've had it for I think 2 years, maybe longer & I have SOOO much left. I use this on my waterline only but I still use this every day. Hasn't dried up & doesn't budge! Love it! So dark & easy to use, even washing it off isn't hard when used with makeup remover or olive oil. Best thing smashbox has ever introduced to humanity!