Lady Mitchum Dry Roll-On Antiperspirant And Deodorant

Lady Mitchum Dry Roll-On Antiperspirant And Deodorant

4.1

Active Ingredient: Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly 20%. Other Ingredients: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth-23, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Laureth-4, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lauric Acid, EDTA, Fragrance.

on 1/16/2007 9:16:00 PM

Works the best of anything I have ever tried, except maybe Ceratin Dry, which stings me sometimes and I reserve for special occasions. The Mens version of this is identical in formula, comes in unscented and the bottle is twice the size for the same amount. I buy the Mens version now instead of the Womens one.

on 4/15/2017 3:41:00 PM

I've been using this for over 20 years and from time to time I do try others for a change but I always come back to this. I've never found anything as effective as this.

This is the best deodorant I have ever used, and i've gone through many many brands so far.

The usual one, BM (before mitchum, that is) was the Nivea Dry roll on. I used that for years, and i still love it- it's fantastically scented, delicate for the skin, does a great job and works wonders in hot weather.

However, Mitchum works even better (stronger staying power, better freshness minus the sweat spots on the underarm area) AND is bigger. I don't know about the US/Australia versions, but the one sold in Europe is HUGE. A bottle lasted for about 2 months with daily use (sometimes twice, if i had evening plans as well).

I have mine in Shower Fresh, which is a citrusy-powdered fragrance, not overpowering at all. it smells like freshly washed skin, a bit soapy yet fresh at the same time; Powder Fresh smells too much of grandma's powder, has a hint of old roses and it's just too heavy for a deodorant; not my style.

The last time i bought it i got 2-for-1, which you can't beat. It's true it contains a high quantity of aluminium, which was allegedly linked to some types of cancer; however, i don't really believe this since deodorants have been around for MANY years and i haven't heard of anyone getting anything from using them. Anyways.

This product works great because it lasts all day long; when i come back home i feel and smell as fresh as when i left in the morning; it doesn't stain the clothes either, which was the main reason i switched from stick deodorant to roll-on.

The price is lower than Nivea, and the staying power & quantity are higher, hence the switch. However, i still keep a Nivea roll on around for 'special occasions' since i am so in love with the scent, and want my skin to smell of it if my boyfriend is staying over, etc. You get my drift :)

It works wonders for acne- i applied it on two painful cysts on my forehead and the next morning my skin was back to its normal color, no swelling and pain whatsoever; my sister uses it on her inner thighs when she goes jogging to prevent sweating in that area (it happens!!) and just feel fresher; i never tried it there but would do it in a heartbeat if i worked out, haha!

Strongly recommended for people who tend to sweat, or for those ladies who, like myself, abhor the simple thought of having spots on their clothes or smelling less than perfectly fresh in those areas after several hours.

Happy shopping, ladies!

This stuff is amazing! I've gone for 5km runs in 35 degree weather, 95% humidity, and come back dry and fresh. I hate seeing people raise their arms and seeing this gigantic wet sweat patch on the underarm of their clothes, so I'm fanatical about my anti-perspirants. This really, really works! And having been stranded once without my luggage, I can attest that you can actually skip a day - it lasts 48 hours. There are some minor issues: it does sometimes leave white patches on your skin because the texture's runny so it's easy to overapply. Also, as noted by other reviewers, it can take a while to dry. But it's cheap, incredibly effective, last forever and lives up to its claims. What's not to like? continued >>

on 12/22/2013 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

PROS:
-Good lasting power
-Good smell
-Reasonably priced

CONS:
-As the deodorant dries, it turns to a chalky white color
-Doesn't keep me dry

Overall: It's an ok deodorant, just not for me. I read other reviews and I don't think that anyone else has experienced the things that I have. What I really can't stand is the chalky white color left under my armpit after the deodorant dries. It shows up especially well on me because I'm African American. If you have even remotely tan skin I wouldn't recommend this for you. Also, I am not a heavy sweater. I don't get why this stuff doesn't keep me dry, but I could have delt with that. The chalky white residue was the deal breaker. I need a deodorant that I don't have to be concious of whenever I raise my arms (esp in the summer). Since it's winter I'll continue to use it, but once it's finished I will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this contains the same active ingredient aand same amount as the new 'clinical' formulations. at a much less hefty price.

on 3/1/2007 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great product. Really works well. Kept me fresh and dry all day. I will definately continue to use this deodorant. THe value is a plus. Only one ity-bity draw back---and that's the wet/stickiness when you first apply. You have to apply it about 5 minutes before you get dressed. Otherwise, great, great, great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the best deodorant ever and Ive used many. Certain Dri is nice as well but a hassle to apply properly (freshly cleansed, non shaved pits at night). I prefer unscented version of this. It does take a few minutes to dry but is sooo worth it... for me and everyone around me.

I used this during the time I worked as a design assistant/project manager, when I commuted a lot and went to multiple hot, dusty project sites in a day. Does its job extremely well, by the end of the day, my underarms are still bone dry and smelling of either the powder or shower scent. What I've observed though was that my back and stomach seemed to have compensated for the lack of underarm sweat, and they became more sweaty than usual. Not really a biggie since I'm not a sweaty person, anyway. Price point is reasonable, too. I didn't use this everyday though and switched to gentler deos/antiperspirant during less hectic days to avoid developing an immunity to it. The only downside is that I can't seem to find this in my country anymore. :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Best deodorant I've ever tried you can have total confidence that you will be fresh & dry all day