L'Oreal HIP blushing creme thrilled 892

No Image

4.3

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

I was quite surprised by this product considering that I purchased it for only $1 at a sale, it is very pigmented and blends very easily! I have the colour electrified and it is one of my favourite blushes I own! It is very similar to MACS blush 'Harmony!" LOVE IT!

on 2/7/2010 2:06:00 AM

I didn't find this very creamy out of the pot, more like a dense powder as someone else said here. Anyway, dries to a very smooth, almost powdery finish, a well pigmented matte brick red that has reasonable lasting power (After 6 hrs of wear on a humid day I can still see some of it), and will show on darker skin tones. Great buy - it has restored my faith in DS blushes, lately I have become almost exclusively MAC. The mirror that opens up from the bottom of the pan is also kinda cute - a bit gimmicky but still good effort.
As reference I am NC40, or Bobbi Brown 4.5 warm natural.

Though this blush is meant for darker skinned ladies, I decide to purchase it because it was on sale at Rite Aid for $1.99. For reference, I have light skin with neutral to warm undertones, MAC NC 25.

It is, as others have described it, a matter, brick red blush. It's not creamy like other cream blushes...in fact, when I rub my fingers on it, it feels almost like a powder blush (but a soft, silky smooth powder). It blends well. To use it, I would have to apply very little and blend it. I do like to use it to color my lips...it gives me a beautiful, matte reddish tint to my lips without being overpowering or bold.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Thrilled is a matte brick red, red/brown color. Similar shade as Milani Crystal Gloss in 'Forbidden'. I just love these creme blushes. I agreee with previous review, dense powder texture on skin. Silky smooth texture. So easy to blend. Packed with pigments. I'm DDD NW45 or HIP#818.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was very impressed with this blush! It's labeled as a "creme" blush, but IMO, I found the texture to be more of a very dense, rich powder. I like makeup that's packaged in singles without all the extra casing to house an applicator that will just end up getting tossed in the trash. When I first opened it, I ran my finger over the top to feel it on my skin and get a good look at the pigment shade. In the pot, it looks like a very dark and intense fuschia/berry shade. I personally have never had any luck applying blush with my fingers and have it look even. I also don't care for all that touching of my face, so I bought a bag of cosmetic sponges. I find these are more effective and sanitary for me, so I get an even application of color. Ignore the shocking appearance of this blush. If used lightly, it gives you an amazing flush that made me feel like the sweet little ingenue I used to be...and that was greatly appreciated since I'm now at the age where I'm dreading my birthdays!

I love when I find quality DS products! I love this - its better than NARS cremes. This particular color is brick red. When you first start using it, it doesn't seem like a creme at all, more powdery, but once you use it a few times the silky underlayer appears. It seems that on all these the surface is a bit dryer but it doesn't affect the appearance or spreadability at all. I use this with my fingers and tap to get desired depth of color. I also dab over some chapstick on my lips for a nice natural lip color. You can go bold without having to look to 'done'. I don't think this creme is for darker skinned ladies, as I am quite fair and I have no problem with it. But if you lack the patience, you might want to go with something more foolproof. I like this more than NARS cremes because they feel sort of grainy on the lips and NARS doesn't last as long. These are really cheap and well worth it!

I LOVE THIS CHEAPER ALTERNATIVE TO PAULA DORF'S CANDY APPLE!! THIS IS THE EXACT COLOR WITH EXACTLY WHAT THE PACKAGE STATES HIGH INTENSITY COLOR SO YOU MUST GO EAST WITH THIS BLUSH. I APPLY WITH MY FINGER BARELY TOUCHING THE COLOR AND IT BLENDS QUITE WELL AS I HAVE OILY SKIN (EX IN THE SUMMER). IF YOUR SKIN IS ON THE DRIER SIDE YOU MAY FIND THIS A BIT DRYING BUT NOT IF YOU MOISTURIZE AND GO LIGHTLY AND BLEND. IT GIVES A NATURAL FLUSHED OUTDOORSY COLOR. BEWARE IF YOU GO EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT TO MUCH YOU COULD END UP LOOKING LIKE A CIRCUS CLOWN. JUST A BLUSH TIP, TAKE A LARGE MIRROR OUTSIDE AND CHECK YOURSELF!!