MAC Cosmetics Patternmaker Cool Eyes Palette

4.7

on 12/16/2010 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I love the palettes by MAC u get lots of colors to do lots of great looks and they are very attractive to look at as well. The quality is amazing the pigmentation and texture!

on 12/17/2009 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this when I was at the Toronto airport about 2 years ago. The only colour i've used up so far and that I wish i could get more of is the pink one. I love the shimmeriness of it. love all of the colours in this palette. the packaging also looks very nice. Overall, very happy I bought. As soon as I saw it, I knew I needed it.

This palettes has a nice variety of colors. A pinkish nude, a light pink, a reddish copper, a teal, a purple and a silver blue. All have a good color payoff. The packaging looks great. The mirror is nice the brush good. It's not a must-have palette.But it's nice to have.

Pros:
The packaging is gorgeous,
the colours are very complimenters,
Goes on easily,
Nice big mirror,
Easy to layer.

Cons:
The brush isn't the best of quality,

Oreverall: I love the patterned packaging and the shades are lovely but if it wasn't for the fact that some of my family works as a chef at the Whitman factories I doubt I would pay full price for it as i think you are paying for the packaging more than anything else.

Although I am not a compulsive palette collector, I lusted after this palette (and subsequently received it as a gift) because I didn't already have any of the colors within it, and I just adore the sassy, quasi-retro multicolored stained-glass packaging. SO FREAKIN' PRETTY! I figured I'd probably just gaze foolishly at it, but oddly enough, I find myself using it after all. This is a much nicer palette than most have said, although I would agree that the colors are not WHAM-BAM bright. But still: only two shades are permanent, and three out of the six are veluxe pearl! The colors look very nice against my fair skin and blue eyes, and you have a diverse assortment to work with:

Circularity (lustre) - this is a light cool beige which, somehow, has more shimmer than sparkle - it's one of the good lustres! I love it as a highlight. It's hardly unique but it works nicely.

Pattern Pink (frost) - this pale pink works well as a lid wash for me. It's subtle, but very pretty and absolutely pink, and oddly enough I don't have anything that resembles it. Score!

Star Violet (veluxe pearl) - one of only two permanent colors in the whole palette, I liked this much more than I thought I would (but then, I adore reds/purples/burgundies). I can do a fast eye with just the first three colors in the palette: PP on the lid, SV in the outer v/crease and C to highlight. :)

Shimmermoss (Veluxe pearl) - I'm so glad this came in the set. It's a wonderfully blendable, shimmery aqua that I would never buy on its own, but I'm sure to find a use for it.

Smoke Ring (veluxe) - this is a semi-matte w/glitter mid-tone purple that I have yet to find a use for, but I am glad they included a non-shimmery shade in the bunch.

Darkspot (veluxe pearl) - this is like a darker version of Silver Ring and makes SUCH a gorgeous smokey eye! I absolutely love it.

In short? Can't buy again because it was LE but like a lot more than I expected to! If you see this one floating around, I say snap it up while you can! continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a limited edition release with the Patternmaker collection a Nordstrom anniversary exclusive released July 15, 2006. This comes packaged in a cute gold compact with a colorful pattern on the top. Inside you get 6 eye shadows. Comes with:

Circularity (Lustre) shimmery light beige;

Pattern Pink (frost) shimmery pale pink;

Star Violet (veluxe pearl) violet burgandy with gold shimmery ;

Shimmermoss(Veluxe pearl) shimmery aqua;

Smoke Ring (veluxe) glittery dark purple;

Darkspot (veluxe pearl) shimmery gunmetal grey.

All the colors are nicely pigmented and can create many different looks. two are existing and four are limited to the palette. Overall, a nice value. The four new shades arent overly unique though, so you may have similiar shades. Overall, i like this.

on 7/23/2006 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this palette alot. I didn't own either of the colors that were previously existing in pot form with MAC (Star Violet and Shimmermoss), so this was worth the $$$ for me. I have no regrets with this purchase. The 2 previous reviewers described this palette magnificently, so read on for more details about the Patternmaker Cool Eyes Palette....

on 7/20/2006 11:11:00 AM

I absolutely love this palette. Included are 4 new shades and 2 existing shades. This was a great purchase for me because I love MAC palettes and didn't have either of the existing shades (and I am not in LOVe with star violet) in pot form. The colors are nice (some similar to existing shades, but hey there are only like 5 primary colors lol)....

I love the packaging, the brush, the colors, the quality. It lives in my purse until the next palette comes out (I own many of these mac palettes, always buy in warm and cool)

on 7/20/2006 5:23:00 AM

This is one of the 2 eye palettes released with the Patternmaker collection, which is part of Nordstrom Anniversary, but we were fortunate to get here in Singapore.

This palette contains 6 eye shadows and comes with a 213 SE Eye Shadow Brush in a rectangular compact featuring Patternmaker's exclusive circle-patterned goldwork with jewel-coloured detail. The size of the palette is the same as all 6 eyes palette released by MAC. The cool eye palette contains:

Circularity (L)
Pattern Pink (F)
Star Violet (VP)
Shimmermoss (VP)
Smoke Ring (V)
Darkspot (VP)
Only Star Violet and Shimmermoss are existing shades, so it may make more sense to purchase this rather than the Warm palette which contains 4 existing shades.

I bought the palette mainly because I was drawn to the packaging, but I don't really think this is a must buy palette unless you like MAC products.
continued >>