Everyday Minerals Baby Kabuki Brush

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I love Everyday Minerals.
I find that they are doing a great job in making great mineral cosmetics.
I adore their brushes.
The Baby Kabuki was the first one that I've purchased - now I have my second one (but only because I've lost the first one).
I must say that's incredibly soft and gentle, and it applies my mineral foundation perfectly.

My *old* baby kabuki from EM was a piece of junk, but I really like the new baby kabuki. It's compact, but soft enough to use for all-over foundation application in my travel makeup bag. In fact, if I'm honest with myself, I get better, smoother coverage with this than with the new long-handled kabuki -- it just takes a few seconds longer. It's also really useful for undereye concealer. I think I'll buy a second one and make it my travel blush brush!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Still a good brush but NOT the place to buy it. EDM's customer service has reached an all time low I hope to never see again in my life.

OLD:Got this a few weeks ago and while I was a bit surprised at just how small it was, I now think it's perfect just the way it is. Unlike the old line of brushes, it does not shed and is very soft. I wouldn't want to try to apply foundation with it but for concealer on red, blotchy cheeks and chin, applying blush, buffing out lines between products and portability you just can't beat it. And the price is a steal. As soon as they get them back in stock I will be ordering a couple more. One for back up and one to keep in my make up bag with my sample sizes of foundation and finishing dust for quick, neat touch ups.

on 12/29/2007 9:59:00 AM

I got this free with my order quite a few months ago as part of the monthly special.

The brush has a silver, aluminium feeling handle and the bristles are a light beige shade. This brush is pretty firm and is decently dense for such a small brush. I experience almost no shedding and no bristle-breaking despite chucking it into my makeup pouch day after day.

I think most of the negative reviews were because people tried using this as a all over brush for applying foundation. While that can be done, i don't think it's the best use for this brush. I personally carry it in my bag as a touch up brush for buffing on my Everyday Minerals Tinted Silk Dust (or any other blotting powder) when i get oily. The small size allows me to place the powder perfectly on the oily areas without messing up the rest of my makeup, especially when i'm wearing cream blushes. I also like using it for touching up blushes when i'm going to be out all day. Since it's less dense than a regular kabuki but is still firm, it's great for layering on more blushes, or blending away any harsh blush lines you suddenly notice. It's a great multi-purpose brush and is extremely portable and great for travel.

I'd definitely repurchase it since it's so affordable!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I ordered this brush because I've recently bought the MAC 181 se and I feel in love with mini kabukis. I read the reviews about the EDM Mini Kabuki and it didn't have the best ratings. I ordered it anyways because it was only $4. So why not? I do appreciate its size but overall not a good solid brush. Its sheds like CRAZY. I have never owned a brush that shed so much. If you look at it the wrong way it will shed. The hairs are rough also. I wasn't expecting much from this brush and I didn't get much either. Because it was $4 I don't really mind I wasted my money.

on 5/7/2007 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Works well for applying EM foundation, but sheds like crazy! It is so annoying to have to pick little brush hairs off my face after applying makeup.

Popular Makeup Brushes