Everyday Minerals Baby Kabuki Brush

Everyday Minerals Baby Kabuki Brush

4.2

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this much but it does have purpose. Pros: portable blush/cheek bronzer brush, good for dusting primer over eye lids or one color over eye lids. Cons: soft and doesn't work for much.

These are about the cutest little brushes you'll ever own. So soft and fluffy and a mighty powerhouse in a tiny package. And I mean TINY. Like 2 inches tall. But it is SUPER for traveling w/ your mineral makeup or for use w/ concealer or blush. I own 2 of them. They're a cute addition to your brush collection!

on 4/23/2009 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I can't believe how much money I've wasted on other brushes before i found Everyday Minerals. This brush costs $6 (although I got it free in a blush kit), it's ridiculously dense, but still soft. I haven't seen a single bristle shed. It fits right into a sample jar lid so it's perfect for sample kits. I use it to apply blush, and it blends like a dream.

I just bought a second one as a backup!

I love Everyday Minerals.
I find that they are doing a great job in making great mineral cosmetics.
I adore their brushes.
The Baby Kabuki was the first one that I've purchased - now I have my second one (but only because I've lost the first one).
I must say that's incredibly soft and gentle, and it applies my mineral foundation perfectly.

on 12/21/2008 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this little guy. I keep it in my purse if I need to touch up. Its very soft and dense. Very small, be warned!

on 8/23/2008 1:21:00 AM

I am tempted to buy a full size EM buki brush now, because I am in love with this cute lil' thing!! I use it mainly for blending my EM foundation/concealer around my eyes, sides of nose, and my chin.

This brush is so, so, so soft, and dense. I love just sweeping it across my eye area (kinda relaxing!). It will make a perfect travel companion on my flights to visit my family in England! That is one of the main reasons I bought it, as I didn't want to risk losing my MAC 182.

Edit to add: I had a baby buki brush from MAD minerals, and I threw it out because it felt like a BROOM compared to EM's.

I love this baby kabuki, it's so cute. I use it for applying blush and it does a brilliant job. It is so soft and it doesn't shed either which is a bonus, my Mac129 is always shedding. I will defiantly buy another one of these brushes they are so great. I wouldn't use it for applying my foundation but for blush it is perfect. Overall a great little brush.

on 7/29/2008 1:05:00 PM

I do not have any issues with synthetic bristles or natural bristles, but since most kabuki brushes are made of goat hair, synthetic bristles tend to be softer. This brush is surprisingly very dense and very soft. I've only had one experience with shedding and that was the first time I washed the brush (aggressively to test it out) but ever since then, the brush has handled every "aggressive" cleaning and has not shed at all. It is indeed "perfect" for the sample size jars that EDM recommends, and although it is very tiny, it's a perfect size to slip into my purse for the day. There isn't a case provided, but I use a lipstick case (the ones that have the strip of mirror inside and closes with a button), and the brush fits perfectly in there. Overall, I would recommend this brush to anyone looking for buki.

on 7/4/2008 11:37:00 AM

itz abit on the small side but itz good for concealer application/buffer in the concealer on cheeks area ^^ very soft like all E.D brushes. love it

on 6/17/2008 9:04:00 PM

I got this as part of the set last year and barely started to use it last month. I agree that it is a great buffer because I prefer this to use with my blushes than the angled blush brush. I always got asked "why am I so tired?" and got tired of it last month and decided to try using my blushes more often, and I'm really glad I started to use this! One of my favorites for now because of how soft it is. However, after one wash, the lettering of EDM on the handle disappeared (only their symbol is there now) and some strands stick out... not sure if this is supposed to be the case for all brushes, but just wanted to write that here.

Popular Makeup Brushes