Everyday Minerals Baby Kabuki Brush

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I finally got this, as it had been backordered for several weeks. I have a baby buki from BE that I had used exclusively before, lost it and bought another to replace it and used the new one twice before getting this EDM baby buki. Well, BUH-BYE BE baby buki forever! I will never go near it agin. This EDM baby buki is just as soft as my long handled kabuki, but just a compact little version. Now-- the coverage and buffing power is not as great as with the LHK, because of the size...but this is perfect for my handbag and my little portable container with mineral foundation in it for touchups. Also- this brush is the perfect size for applying blush. I haven't tried the flat top brush yet, as it's in my next shipment, but I can already tell it's going to be a hit. EDM really scored big when they started carrying this line of brushes. I never experienced their older versions and I'm glad I didn't based on the reviews of the old products. Everyone who has even touched my EDM brushes have fallen in love with them. My daughter just swiped my last LHK and thank goodness I had a few hidden away for my emergency stash. Thinking back to my virginal introduction into the mineral makeup world, the first I ever tried was BE and their kabuki.....and talk about stiff and hard, like dragging a stiff broom across my face. Never again. If EDM stops carrying these brushes I think I will need professional counseling of some sort!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

The 2 baby kabukis that replaced the original EM kabuki don't do anything to improve this brand's track record with these type of brushes. They may sound cute, but these baby brushes are too small to provide the quick & even application a kabuki should. It pouffed out slightly after a gentle washing, but is really only suitable for applying blush, although I probably won't even use mine for that. Since I haven't found a satisfactory way to carry my Luscious kabuki, I'm using this to stash in my purse for MM touchups. If you're planning to buy an EM kit, I would opt for something other than the baby kabukis. If you're looking at the Starter Kit, then wait til they update the brushes. Lots of changes coming up including a new kabuki brush! *edit* I always use this brush to apply my blush, and it's the perfect size for it. The smaller head helps apply a more controlled amount of blush while letting me buff it into my cheeks. Still not suitable for applying all over MMU foundation but great for blush! I may get the Sooshco if this one ever wears out.

on 9/20/2009 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Too small. I didnt like it because of the size and never use it. It is very soft.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is basically a small scale version of the Long Handle Kabuki. It has all the same wonderful qualities of its big brother but it's compact size makes it useful for getting into the "nooks and crannies" like the under eye area or around the nostrils. I don't use this brush as frequently as my LHK or Flat Top Brush but I keep it handy in my makeup bag because it is useful for buffing/blending concealer. It is of course, very soft and durable like all EM's brushes. Worth purchasing!

on 7/29/2008 1:05:00 PM

I do not have any issues with synthetic bristles or natural bristles, but since most kabuki brushes are made of goat hair, synthetic bristles tend to be softer. This brush is surprisingly very dense and very soft. I've only had one experience with shedding and that was the first time I washed the brush (aggressively to test it out) but ever since then, the brush has handled every "aggressive" cleaning and has not shed at all. It is indeed "perfect" for the sample size jars that EDM recommends, and although it is very tiny, it's a perfect size to slip into my purse for the day. There isn't a case provided, but I use a lipstick case (the ones that have the strip of mirror inside and closes with a button), and the brush fits perfectly in there. Overall, I would recommend this brush to anyone looking for buki.

on 6/17/2008 9:04:00 PM

I got this as part of the set last year and barely started to use it last month. I agree that it is a great buffer because I prefer this to use with my blushes than the angled blush brush. I always got asked "why am I so tired?" and got tired of it last month and decided to try using my blushes more often, and I'm really glad I started to use this! One of my favorites for now because of how soft it is. However, after one wash, the lettering of EDM on the handle disappeared (only their symbol is there now) and some strands stick out... not sure if this is supposed to be the case for all brushes, but just wanted to write that here.

on 5/9/2008 4:23:00 PM

Very small, yes, but doesn't shed and is good for applying sample sizes. I still like the long-handled one better for broader coverage in less time.

on 4/16/2008 6:01:00 PM

This review is for the new, synthetic Baby Kabuki.
This brush is just as soft as the rest of the new EM brushes. It's a lot more dense than the old sooshco baby kabukis that EM used to sell. The old ones were thin and flimsy, these are a lot more sturdy and very, very soft.
It's very small. About half the size of my thumb. Which makes it perfect for on-the-go touch ups! I use this with my MAC blot powder whenever I need to touch-up. I LOVE this brush. And the best part is it's only 6 dollars! I definitely recommend this.

on 3/23/2008 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is just as soft as all the newer EM brushes and due to it's tiny size, I use it as my travel brush. It takes longer to cover the whole face when using it for foundation so I wouldn't use it for my daily brush but it's perfect for travel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As far as my understanding goes, there was another brush that preceded this; and most of the older reviews rant on about shedding. I ordered and received my baby kabuki in February (as the long handled was on back order) and can't say enough praise.

It's small, cute, incredibly soft, and I have yet to find one hair shed from it on my face or counters or in my makeup. The soft bristles make it really easy and quick to wash and it makes even the lowest grade of makeup look and feel smooth on application.

Popular Makeup Brushes