Everyday Minerals Baby Kabuki Brush

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

The 2 baby kabukis that replaced the original EM kabuki don't do anything to improve this brand's track record with these type of brushes. They may sound cute, but these baby brushes are too small to provide the quick & even application a kabuki should. It pouffed out slightly after a gentle washing, but is really only suitable for applying blush, although I probably won't even use mine for that. Since I haven't found a satisfactory way to carry my Luscious kabuki, I'm using this to stash in my purse for MM touchups. If you're planning to buy an EM kit, I would opt for something other than the baby kabukis. If you're looking at the Starter Kit, then wait til they update the brushes. Lots of changes coming up including a new kabuki brush! *edit* I always use this brush to apply my blush, and it's the perfect size for it. The smaller head helps apply a more controlled amount of blush while letting me buff it into my cheeks. Still not suitable for applying all over MMU foundation but great for blush! I may get the Sooshco if this one ever wears out.

This is a little bit smaller less fluffy than Bare Escentual's baby buki brush and about as soft. However, I do not use this to apply the foundation or blush. I prefer to use it with my concealers (either the Sunlight Corrector or Multi-Tasking/Spring) for my eye area. I just lightly brush/buff it over my eyes using literally grains of the concealer (or it will look too cakey). I prefer using this over a regular concealer brush as it will apply it in light layers. I knocked one lippie off because it does shed more than any of the other brushes I have, but will likely purchase it again because if it does the job alright and is the right price.

on 9/22/2006 6:03:00 PM

This brush is very small. Good brush to take along in your makeup bag. Seems to shed alot of hairs.

on 9/26/2006 6:01:00 PM

This was a good little brush for applying my bronzers and blush colors, however, it was not the softest brush around. It tended to poke me a bit on my skin during application. My Sable Kabuki is much nicer, only too large for the finer applications. Update on the Baby Kabuki....Everyday Minerals seems to have discontinued this brush, I guess for the reasons stated here. Many complaints and probably not popular as an overall brush to use.

on 10/1/2006 7:19:00 AM

I took the mini kabuki with me to the gym the other day, with a mini of foundation. I trialled it that morning before I left home, to make sure it wasn't totally useless. I am very surprised actually! I quite like it. I'm giving it 4 lippies. I prefer using this to my Clarins kabuki (which is supposed to be good). I'll be ordering a premium kabuki soon, but for now, the mini is working well.

on 10/31/2006 4:37:00 PM

While this does the job in applying my mineral foundation, I think it would be more suited to my exfoliation regime... That's never a good sign!!

on 12/28/2006 7:40:00 PM

I haven't had problems with shedding like other people have complained about (I've been using the brush for about a week), I found it decent for applying foundation and great for how I like to apply my mineral blush. I've recently decided to use it only for my blush since when I ordered a full sized set by EM I got a premium kabuki brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was the first time I used a brush that was not included with the make-up (yeah, I wore the cheap stuff).
I liked it at first. It seemed to do the job and still does. The application is good, but its not as soft as I would like.
But, for $5, what can you expect. I just needed something with which to try out my free samples.
I'm on the look out for another...

This is sooo cute! I love Kabuki brushes and this fits perfectly in my little makeup bag. The only thing I don't like is the handle sometimes feels too short but I just ordered the Premium Kabuki brush to use at home. This one is perfect for touch ups when I'm out. It's soft, which is nice, considering the one I got in the Bare Minerals kit I ordered a lifetime ago felt like a doll's hair brush on my face.

on 4/22/2007 12:11:00 AM

what the heck? i loved my premium kabuki brush so much but despite its size and shape, making it impossible for me to carry it around in my purse. so i went straight ahead to order the baby kabuki brush. however, it's nothing like the original kabuki brush! it's extremely tiny and feels rough on the skin, but for $4 i'd let it passed with 3 lippies. Definitely will not repurchase.

Popular Makeup Brushes