Estee Lauder High Gloss - Berry

3.9

on 11/27/2014 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I got this as a gift, along with the same gloss in Rose. On my pigmented (NC45) lips, there is basically no difference between the two colors. They're both just sticky, shiny gloss that sits on top of my lips -- I literally could not tell the difference between the two 'colors' on my lips.

The only upside is that they're moisturizing and not drying, so I was using them on top of particularly drying lip stains, but now that I have a lip exfoliator, the gloss isn't necessary, especially since my hair was always getting stuck in it.

Thank you, Estee Lauder, for helping me realize that I hate lip gloss.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this lipgloss about 6 months ago and didn't like it! It's nice, shiny, smells great (like a signature EL product.....prunesy), lasts a long time however the colour on me was tantamount to wearing a clear gloss (I'm an NC45). BUT.........I pulled it out of my drawer about a month ago and I have been using it to as a highlight over lipsticks just on the center of my lips.....it gives any colour lipstick a lovely shine and tones down those brighter colours, I now absolutely love it and have been using it so much that the tubes is almost half gone! I also really love the packaging, it easy to apply over lipsticks with the plastic applicator because you can then wipe off any colour that transfers.

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/5/2011 5:30:00 PM

The color is not so good with my face color .. its a sad color!
anyway,It has a good smell and pretty shiny
good quality lip gloss (:

I probably try another color next time.

on 2/25/2011 10:32:00 AM

good fruity smell, lovely color, make my lip very shining, but kind of easy to gone

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this lip gloss to reach a total to get free shipping when ordering some foundation a few months ago. My mom used E.L. when I was a kid and, feeling nostalgic, ordered Country Mist foundation which smells just like "Mom." I chose Berry and I love the shade. I've been wearing a strong, smokey eye most days and it looks great over an almost nude lip, i.e. Rimmel Airy Fairy lipstick. I love the light feel, yet the high gloss you get with this product. The taste and smell are pleasant. This shade is rosey with a bit of golden shimmer and also very pretty when used on a bare lip. The price is higher than I would normally pay, especially since I am a representative for a makeup line and can get lip gloss at cost, however, you receive a very high-quality product from Estee Lauder. I will most likely order one of these again but in another shade. The amount you get in one tube of this will last a long time.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was the first ever Estee Lauder lipgloss I bought. I wanted something simple and understated that would just enhance my natural colouring. The colour is good - it is similar to my natural lip colour but very glossy and there is some shimmer in it. I can wear it on most occasions. It keeps my lips feeling moisturised and looks like a nice healthy colour on my lips. The smell is quite nice though unnecessary. It has good lasting power for a gloss. I think it would be quite sticky - not good for long haired girls on a windy day - but this is the case with all glosses.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

OK lip gloss, a little too sticky for my taste, nice subtle color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Totally agree with 'djgirl1976'. Like this everything about this gloss - the colour, the texture, the packaging, and the smell; except maybe the price at $18 Cdn (before taxes).

on 8/13/2009 3:11:00 PM

I got this in the Xmas 2008 blockbuster. It's a pretty, high quality, lipgloss, average in everything except price. I gave the packaging a 3 because the gold cap makes it prettier than cheaper brands, but I would prefer an applicator wand for hygienic reasons. As for the gloss itself, it appears to be a shimmery pink in the tube but doesn't do anything for my lips except shine them up. The texture is nice, neither too sticky nor too thin. I actually like the fig scent/flavor; it is sweet but not annoying. I say that I would purchase this again, but only if it cost less, since you can buy comparable glosses at far lower prices.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Berry is a sheer rosy pink with lots of shimmer and shine. Has the typical EL lip fragrance which I do not care for.